New Natural Leather Color

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts
Default New Natural Leather Color

Over time we have watched more and more colors being added to the natural leathers,--so far, gray, brown, Carrera Red, and now Natural Leather Cocoa. It reminds me a lot of the 1981 911 I had with full dark brown leather. I saw one today with it at the dealership,--with contrasting stitching. I had read about it sometime back but finally got to see it in person today.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Dan ... you know by now pics are mandatory

Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Dan ... you know by now pics are mandatory

You''re so right,--sorry. Will make arrangements... :-)
Old 01-31-2009, 01:52 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Over time we have watched more and more colors being added to the natural leathers,--so far, gray, brown, Carrera Red, and now Natural Leather Cocoa. It reminds me a lot of the 1981 911 I had with full dark brown leather. I saw one today with it at the dealership,--with contrasting stitching. I had read about it sometime back but finally got to see it in person today.
Dan, the configurator lists the Cocoa it as a Special Leather along with Terracotta and not Natural Leather. Maybe they "moved" it from Special to Natural and have not yet updated the configurator?

I have seen the "old" Cocoa interior, and have not been impressed. I am surprised that they did this with Cocoa because it really goes well with only 3 of the exterior colors.... while, cream, and macadamia. Contrary to other opinions, I do not think Cocoa looks good with silver or gray. But that's why there are multiple colors from which to choose, right?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:14 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Dan, the configurator lists the Cocoa it as a Special Leather along with Terracotta and not Natural Leather. Maybe they "moved" it from Special to Natural and have not yet updated the configurator?

I have seen the "old" Cocoa interior, and have not been impressed. I am surprised that they did this with Cocoa because it really goes well with only 3 of the exterior colors.... while, cream, and macadamia. Contrary to other opinions, I do not think Cocoa looks good with silver or gray. But that's why there are multiple colors from which to choose, right?
As you pointed out the current configurator (often buggy) shows cocoa only for std leathers. I hope that if they offer it as a natural leather they continue to offer it for std leather.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

This was truly "natural leather" cocoa in that is was on the Monroney sticker,--and it's NOT the Cocoa that we're used to seeing (that looks a lot like an old sofa I would expect to see in my lawyer's office...). This stuff doesn't have that look to it,--it's solid in color.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:35 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
This was truly "natural leather" cocoa in that is was on the Monroney sticker,--and it's NOT the Cocoa that we're used to seeing (that looks a lot like an old sofa I would expect to see in my lawyer's office...). This stuff doesn't have that look to it,--it's solid in color.
Thanks! I figured you had checked the sticker, but just wanted to be sure. The new color sounds like it will be an improvement over the current Cocoa.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds interesting! I liked the color of cocoa but hated that mottled look. That would look very sharp with Arctic or GT Silver, and Meteor.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

the mottled look is barely noticeable in real life, the look is a deep rich brown leather, like an old chair in a British library, I love it

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-one-year.html
Old 01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Not for me then!

Originally Posted by mal28
like an old chair in a British library https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-one-year.html
I've spent too many hours in my "youf" in British libraries to want to spend more time in a mobile version.

But a "plain" un-mottled cocoa would be interesting.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think the current Cocoa looks amazing with Malachite Green...
Old 01-31-2009, 04:02 PM
jgolf53
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation not sure cocoa is natural leather

My porsche rep in germany told me that besides the 3 natural leathers ( brown, red, gray) Porsche only has one other that they will special order for the 911....it is called 'chestnut brown'. It is available for the Cayenne and they will use it for the 911. It is a reddish brown; nice color. Porsche also told me that they will do any color in regular leather but only those 4 in natural leather....

BTW I got natural dark gray for my new 997.2. It is great color and the leather is exceptional. Great tones of gray and some dark blue...Very different feel from the standard leather.

Go with natural!

cheers,
j
Old 01-31-2009, 04:21 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by mal28
the mottled look is barely noticeable in real life, the look is a deep rich brown leather, like an old chair in a British library, I love it

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-one-year.html
I agree and it's interesting to note that on one hand people say that std painted leathers look artificial, too perfect, lacking the patina of natural leathers, and on the other hand they now say, oh, but the std leather cocoa mottled look is stuffy and old world and they much prefer the new uniform-look of the natural leather cocoa.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

The mottled look cocoa is NOT a natural leather, it's painted. the only natural leathers on the list for the 911 are Gray, Brown, Red and the new Cocoa which apparently isn't mottled.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Champion Porsche in FL has an '09 C2S cab in Natural Cocoa Leather on Cream White paint though I can not find pictures yet.

Anyone have a sale connection there? I'd love to see that color combo.

Quick Reply: New Natural Leather Color