Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Cocoa looks great with Slate Grey
Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Not a fan of cocoa. I don't know, it just looks like it belongs on an executive business chair in an old stuffy conservative office.

But I do agree, that in pictures, on White, on Silver/Grey, it has a nice contrast, just not something I'd see myself ordering. It looks 'un-natural' in a way. Give me black, charcoal, beige.....and on a reduced price Turbo Cab, and I'm happy.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm really curious about this. I just ordered a new C2 white with cocoa. One of the reasons I went with the cocoa is that I looked at on one of the 2009's in the showroom and it looked much more 'even' than I had seen previously. So I assumed they had simply changed it. Now I am wondering if I looked at a new 'natural' cocoa?? Or have they changed the way the 'special' cocoa looks?
Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I think the current Cocoa looks amazing with Malachite Green...
1+
Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Le Chef
The mottled look cocoa is NOT a natural leather, it's painted. the only natural leathers on the list for the 911 are Gray, Brown, Red and the new Cocoa which apparently isn't mottled.
It really isn't mottled in person. It seems to pick up the mottled characteristics in photos. There is some very tasteful and subtle color variegation in person.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks mottled to me when I see it at the dealer. I've seen enough of them to believe it's mottled.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:36 PM
saltydawg
Advanced

It also looks mottled to me in person. The mottled look is much more prominent on the flat smooth surfaces like the inner door panels.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Tinluver
Instructor

I think all of the Porsche interiors should be natural leather standard.Much more fitting for a $100K sports car. Probably hard to find in a dealers inventory if not custom ordered by a customer.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I think it's more a supply and demand issue. They have stated that the naturals are reserved for the top percentage of the hides they receive. (In fact, it looks so good it almost looks fake). People are whining about the prices as it is, so for them to go natural with all of them would put them over the top! It's the best leather I have ever had in a car,--including past Porsches and Connelly hides in UK stuff.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 AM
vitman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At Champion, ask for Bruno in th sales dept.. I'm sure he will help you out
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I love my interior. Looks great with the GT Silver
Old 02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Just came back from local dealer and I think I understand the source of the confusion. I looked at a Cream Cab with Cocoa interior. There is absolutely *no* mottling - and looks alot better than it used to. And the window sticker says 'Natural Leather Cocoa'. I also looked at the swatch; again no mottling.

I asked the dealer to pull the order sheet for the Cream car and the order code is "RA" and says 'Natural Leather Cocoa'.

Then I asked them to bring up my order. It has the same code (RA) but it says 'Special Leather Cocoa'.
So apparently Porsche has changed the leather (since there is only one code), is still using the old name on the configurators, and it is no longer mottled. I asked him to confirm with PCNA.

So the questions remaining are: is it really a 'natural' leather (i.e. not painted)? If so, why hasn't the price gone up to be the same as Natural Brown, Red, or Grey?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by holgum
Just came back from local dealer and I think I understand the source of the confusion. I looked at a Cream Cab with Cocoa interior. There is absolutely *no* mottling - and looks alot better than it used to. And the window sticker says 'Natural Leather Cocoa'. I also looked at the swatch; again no mottling.

I asked the dealer to pull the order sheet for the Cream car and the order code is "RA" and says 'Natural Leather Cocoa'.

Then I asked them to bring up my order. It has the same code (RA) but it says 'Special Leather Cocoa'.
So apparently Porsche has changed the leather (since there is only one code), is still using the old name on the configurators, and it is no longer mottled. I asked him to confirm with PCNA.

So the questions remaining are: is it really a 'natural' leather (i.e. not painted)? If so, why hasn't the price gone up to be the same as Natural Brown, Red, or Grey?
I think that it's now even more confusing...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Got email from dealer today:
"Just got off the phone with Joe West from Porsche. Natural and Special Cocoa interiors are the same."

Not the most complete answer...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by holgum
Got email from dealer today:
"Just got off the phone with Joe West from Porsche. Natural and Special Cocoa interiors are the same."

Not the most complete answer...
Cocoa was not part of the natural leather choices before and it is still not in the configurator. It would be helpful if you ask them if cocoa (before and now) is aniline dyed leather or painted leather.

Quick Reply: New Natural Leather Color