Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what the dealer let me take home ... ! (a bit long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes ... I know this is not the Turbo board, but I started this here and tho't I'd post a couple more photogs of the car.

Today I took the TT out for a trot and now have around 250 miles on the car. The smiles are still there. Wonderful Porsche. I'm happy with my choice.

Roads here in Connecticut are pretty crappy. Snow's melting/refreezing and such ... crap the state puts on the road mixes with the melt .... you know the result. Anyway, it's just a car and since the tarmac is not snow laden or icy, I figured I run some errands to the hardware store, grocery and Mickey Dees ... then just drive a bit.

Here's the TT along with the 993 C4S as I was moving cars from one garage space to another .... C4S is now in the "other garage". Kris will park her CLS in the main garage. We'll see how this works ....

Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Moderato
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car's amazing, the colors remind me of BMW's Carbon Black/Cinnamon.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:27 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
...Roads here in Connecticut are pretty crappy. Snow's melting/refreezing and such ... crap the state puts on the road mixes with the melt .... you know the result.
Wash that car ASAP and make sure you rinse the undercarriage thoroughly.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 208 Posts

As I just wrote in my 'new car post', rationalization is a cruel mistress!
Congrats to you Bagger....that's a great toy.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:14 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Look at that dirty car...love it...use the car my friend...awesome!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mdrums
Look at that dirty car...love it...use the car my friend...awesome!
I expect the car to remain this dirty ... and it'll get more so as winter continues here in the Northeast. With temps in the early 20s today ... and only a small rise over the weekend .... and then more cold to follow after the Ground Hog sees his shadow .... I figure March before it's washed.

I may take it thru a 'touchless' deal, but they are pretty much 'useless'. We did take K's car thru a pretty good robo 'cloth/brush' wash with 4 guys wiping down the Merc with brushes .... made me nervous, but the result was pretty OK. Didn't see any scratches.

I'll prolly do a stupid 'touchless' when the temps rise above freezing next weekend. I hate winter ............... ugh !
Old 01-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice Motorpool....
Old 01-31-2009, 10:55 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I wouldn't take a cab through an automated or touchless wash. Some of the jets spray horizintally, and I can almost guarantee some water penetration under the top.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gota911
I wouldn't take a cab through an automated or touchless wash. Some of the jets spray horizintally, and I can almost guarantee some water penetration under the top.
Yeah, Tim .... you are prolly correct. I wasn't thinking.

Guess I'll just wait til the snow melts in late MARCH !
Old 01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Bagger, my wife has a 08 CLK550 in black. It's her car so I do not say a thing to her about it's care. She sometimes hand washes it and sometimes I do but mostly she take it to the local brushless car wash.

We've had no isses with the convertible top. Just do not let them do the hot wax deal on it. Also Benz uses some awesome hard paint because there is hardly a swirl on the car. I was talking to the dealer about this and he was telling me about this special paint Benz uses. It will enventually swirl but it is hard to ruin the paint.

Now the paint on the Porsche will swirl up if you look at it funny.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mdrums
Bagger, my wife has a 08 CLK550 in black. It's her car so I do not say a thing to her about it's care. She sometimes hand washes it and sometimes I do but mostly she take it to the local brushless car wash.

We've had no isses with the convertible top. Just do not let them do the hot wax deal on it. Also Benz uses some awesome hard paint because there is hardly a swirl on the car. I was talking to the dealer about this and he was telling me about this special paint Benz uses. It will enventually swirl but it is hard to ruin the paint.

Now the paint on the Porsche will swirl up if you look at it funny.
You're right, Mike ....

Mostly I take care of Kris's cars. But, she has her own ways of doing things. Other day, I looked out the widow and she was removing about 6" of snow from the CLS with the shop broom I use in the garage. And ... she was not being very careful. Thankfully, the car's paint is not as soft as Porsches clear coat .... I did not see any scratches.

There is a pretty nice place where I grocery shop that has several different types of car washes from 'DIY' with a spray gun ... to touchless ... to ShamWow deal with guys brushing the wheels and dirty spots 1st ... to full detailing. I may stop there Monday and see what they have.

Otherwise .... it's MARCH !!

Quick Reply: Look what the dealer let me take home ... ! (a bit long)