997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No 997 for me--problem for Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009 | 01:11 PM
ATL-Porsche
Advanced

I completely understand why employers don't want their employees to see their Porsche. Just curious, does that mean you guys don't invite employees over to your house for holiday parties or bbq's? If you're afraid of what they'll think when they see your 911 what will they think when they see your house?!
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:53 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Izzone
I paid $1.980 to have mine Porsche Certified

Thanks. I called them (Maitland I assumed) and sounds like they'll do it. Weird how different dealers have different policies on this considering what those who won't do it use for excuses.
Old 01-09-2009 | 04:21 AM
Dr. Car
Racer

Didn't read the whole thread, but if this point hasn't been made yet, it's worth making: If you're a nice guy to your colleagues, they will be happy for you to have a nice car. If you are a jerk, they will resent you for having such a fun car. (But if you are a jerk, you are less likely to care.)

I suspect a lot of you who are being conscientious about the perception created by your car are well-liked enough that your colleagues can be happy for you. That said, if you are making decisions about layoffs in your company, it's not a good time to roll into work in a brand new luxury car.

Quick Reply: No 997 for me--problem for Porsche?