Sponsored by:

Disappointing "service"

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Disappointing "service"

Had an appointment to have curb rash repaired via Wheel Wizard. Recommended by Santa Barbara dealer and fellow PCA member. Called last week and got a call back saying that yesterday would work for them to do the repair. Got a nice explanation of paint and materials to be used and approximate amount of time involved. Was told that they would call me sometime yesterday to let me know when to expect them. Never got a call.

I left a message a few minutes ago saying that I had been told to expect them yesterday and that since I never heard from them, I would find another source for the repair.

Probably some sort of explanation, but if you're in or around the Santa Barbara area and need some wheel repair work, you might want to consider some one else?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a lot higher threshold of pain as a car hobbyist. Not returning a call promptly is only a venial sin. If you are going to start an internet thread over a missed phone call, I doubt anyone would want you as a customer.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you missed what the OP wrote. They were supposed to do the work yesterday and didn't show/didn't call. I'd get someone else too. I am increasingly amazed at the number of people in "service" professions who don't know the meaning of the word.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:27 PM
swajames
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelL
You need a lot higher threshold of pain as a car hobbyist. Not returning a call promptly is only a venial sin. If you are going to start an internet thread over a missed phone call, I doubt anyone would want you as a customer.

It looks like it was actually a missed repair appointment. The phone call was only to confirm the specific time, and the vendor never showed up anyway... I'd be unhappy about that too.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

They didn't do what they said they'd do. That's pretty much the definition of "bad service."
You've got every right to bitch. It's when people don't bitch that (lack of) service like this becomes the norm.
If they got too busy to keep your appointment, all they had to do was call and explain.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelL
If you re-read the post, you'll see that I'm not really calling them out or going on some wild rant. There's plenty of room for interpretation and some sort of miscommunication on my part or their part.

It's my experience that people who are meticulous about their work value and seek customer feed back and inputs, just as they value referrals from you. I believe the same holds true for those of us who are members here on Rennlist, the PCA or any other organization. We owe it to our fellow members to provide support and feedback.

My only intention was to share some information, which may or may not be helpful to other listers here. And, this is not about returning a phone call--it's about me expecting something to happen due to what I believe I was told.

I will post up any additional information that I get, as that is the appropriate and fair way of approaching this. The vendor most likely has a reasonable explanation and I expect the issue will become a non-issue in short order. Again, my intent was only to share a "data point" with my fellow board members--even you.

As a member here, I can start a thread on any topic I choose and at any time I choose. If it's not appropriate, or germane to Porsche, or if it violates forum guidelines, the moderators--not you--will let me know.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah, the new generation......don't return calls, don't keep appointments, lack of courtesy, lack of respect....nothing new. I am 48yo, and I have seen this more and more. Sorry, it happened....but I too would be upset if someone didn't call back or kept an appointment. Today, when we get good service we are impressed....it should be the norm, not the exception.
abe
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
angelo1404
Shamwow!
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck in getting your wheel fixed.

Quick Reply: Disappointing "service"