Sponsored by:

Zaino Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MartyB
I've got to say that I don't understand how one "maintains" a detail. I enjoy driving my car a lot and I end up driving it 4/5 days a week, which is more than I thought I would drive it. It does not take long for it to get dirty. I can't imagine taking a bottle of anything and spraying it on a dirty car and rubbing it with a towel. I feel like I should be washing my car at least every couple of weeks if I want it to look nice, which isn't easy with the total outdoor water ban we have had for quite a while now. I bought some Z7 and some AIO, but by the time I vacum the car, wash the car and clean and shine the wheels and tires, I haven't even had time to try the AIO yet. I can't imagine me ever being able to tackle these 8 step processes you guys talk about. Without implying that anyone who has posted does not have a life, my life does not permit this type of detailing. Besides, I really would rather be driving it, even if it is a little dirty. When you guys talk about "maintaining" the car, are you just talking about light dust?
the long detailing process occur 1-2 times a year. i can't speak for others, but i try to wash every 2-3 weeks, and spray a coat of z8 on afterwards.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

I've got to say that I don't understand how one "maintains" a detail. I enjoy driving my car a lot and I end up driving it 4/5 days a week, which is more than I thought I would drive it. It does not take long for it to get dirty. I can't imagine taking a bottle of anything and spraying it on a dirty car and rubbing it with a towel. I feel like I should be washing my car at least every couple of weeks if I want it to look nice, which isn't easy with the total outdoor water ban we have had for quite a while now. I bought some Z7 and some AIO, but by the time I vacum the car, wash the car and clean and shine the wheels and tires, I haven't even had time to try the AIO yet. I can't imagine me ever being able to tackle these 8 step processes you guys talk about. Without implying that anyone who has posted does not have a life, my life does not permit this type of detailing. Besides, I really would rather be driving it, even if it is a little dirty. When you guys talk about "maintaining" the car, are you just talking about light dust?
Marty, it would be well worth your $$$ to get a professional to handle the polishing once a year so you can do the WOWA/Wax once in a while. I have 5 yr old twins and although I actually enjoy polishing my car to see how good I can keep it the kids much prefer riding in it. You can probably get the paint detailed for ~$150.

Though I haven't used Zaino yet I do find the pictures of car freshly done with Zaino stunning. I'll likely be placing my order soon!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Yes, the initial Zaino application is the most time consuming part. But to be fair, it's the same for wax as well. What I mean is the polishing.

Once polished and the oils are off, then the Zaino application starts. If you use Z2/ZFX, you can do three coats in a day. It should be applied with Z6 before each coat.

If doing Z-CS, then apply and walk away.

Maintenance is easy as any other wax/sealant. Wash with Z7, appy Z6 and or Z8 and that's it.

I do recommend that a QUALIFIED detailer correct the marring and bring it to the highest gloss with polish alone. Some are familure with Zaino as well.

Once on the finish, you can always add a layer at anytime as long as the car has been washed with Z7 and Z6 has been applied prior.

I myself have several layers of Z2 on top of Z5 Pro all with ZFX and topped with Z-CS. I maintain with washing and Z6/Z8 and it still look good. I do need to start polishing once again as I grabbed the wrong MF towel in the garage and now have some marring. Remember, Porsche paint is very soft.

I'm also due to switch out the paint film soon. Best insurance I have for this finish.

Deanski
Old 07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
MartyB
Racer

Sorry for my ignorance, but I feel better knowing that the hard work only takes place once or twice a year and that "maintaining" the car involves washing before applying something else. I thought some of you guys were doing this insane detail every time you washed the damn thing. I was quite sure that was not for me.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Sorry for my ignorance, but I feel better knowing that the hard work only takes place once or twice a year and that "maintaining" the car involves washing before applying something else. I thought some of you guys were doing this insane detail every time you washed the damn thing. I was quite sure that was not for me.
No, but many Autopians do detail their cars quite often in an effort to obtain that "utlimate shine".

However, for those of us who DO enjoy driving a Porsche (as it was ment to be) there is Zaino Z-AIO and Z-CS. Quick polish and protect. The "AIO" does have Zaino sealant in it. CD is just wipe on, that's it. On top of that, most try to schedule their detailing in the same timeframe as a dealer visit. Some dealers do have relationships with local detailers. Do NOT let the dealer use their staff to "detail" the finish.

In the past, I would coordinate detailing with a service visit as we used to visit dealers with a full crew to compress time of the detailing (exterior, interior) so the customer is not impacted.

I try to drive my C2S as often as possible. Yes it has marring and needs a bit of work, but I'm having too much fun driving it and getting reactions from others as well.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 08-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Maison
Advanced

Do you need to use Z7 shampoo to maintain the Zaino finish? I'm currently using Duragloss 901.

Deanski - Are you recommending Z9 and Z10 for leathercare? I thought you were using Sonus? How do they compare? Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Maison
Do you need to use Z7 shampoo to maintain the Zaino finish? I'm currently using Duragloss 901.

Deanski - Are you recommending Z9 and Z10 for leathercare? I thought you were using Sonus? How do they compare? Thanks!!
Use the Z7 wash, it's very slippery and a great soap. Besides, it's best to stay with the same product line to avoid and issues.

As for Z9, Z10.. I do like the leather smell from it as he's reformulated it so it's not as strong, but still gives a good leather odor (Z10). Z9 works well as a cleaner, but so does Woolite.

I still use Sonus as my primary leather conditioner for Porsche leather (newer) but older leather sometimes need a bit of a push to gain the smell back, and that's when I go to Z10.

I like the way Sonus makes leather feel after treatment. Never slippery at all.

Deanski
Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Maison
Advanced

Thanks, Deanski.

Quick Reply: Zaino Newbie