Sponsored by:

Zaino Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:01 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Zaino Newbie

Zaino users, please recommend wht to use on my 2005 Seal Gray coupe?
Thanks!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Curt P
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same car and wheels as you.
Zaino is terrific
Start with wash with Dawn
Clay bar
wash with Zaino car wash
Then I like Z5Pro a couple of coats
then top it off with Z8 Grande Finale spray
Go on Zaino web site for more details
I don't care for the All in One product
I find it more difficult to use
Curt
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I just give mine a coat of Z2 every few months. Works like a champ, and is easy as can be.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.autopia.org/
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Here's another site that is dedicated to Zaino:

http://www.detailersclub.com/

Always polish to your best of your ability to really get the best effect as Zaino is very clear! Wash first with Dawn to remove all oils. Follow with Z7 wash and whenever you need to wash, use the Z7. You'll find the Z7 wash works very well.

You can do the Z5-Pro/Z2-Pro with ZFX OR use Z-AIO polish followed by Zaino Clear Seal which is a wipe-on and walk away, no buffing off.

Always use Z6 spray before and between each coat. After 24hrs, then use the Z8 Grand Finale spray to really make the color look deeper and wetter.

The great thing about Zaino is the durability, maintain with Z6 (cleaning) and when you want more POP, then follow with Z8.

Dust, pollen etc will not stick! Don't forget the wheels! Once treated, to remove brake dust, it's a simple wash and it's off.

Wash with Dawn
Clay the finish
Polish the finish
Wash with Z7
Treat
Done

Deanski
Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up buying the ZKIT-2. That plus white cotton towels plus Dawn are all I used. Some here don't recommend Dawn because it may affect the seals, I think, but I used it anyway. It worked quite well- I had never used clay before and was pretty amazed. But be prepared to spend time on it- the whole thing plus four coats of Zaino took me maybe 6+ hours over two days.

Note: The instructions with the kit were a bit confusing to me- it included instructions for using both the all-in-one (ZAIO) and the zap-accelerator- somehow I missed that the ZKIT uses the latter. Silly me.

The result was amazing. My wife said "smoother than a lady's legs"!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

If you want to make it easy, just use Z-AIO and follow with Zaino Clear Seal. Minimal effort and time for great results.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 163 Posts

I was a Zaino disciple on a continuing series of Black Porsches.
However, since I was introduced to Rejex (a much simpler, one-step process), I've switched.
It may be as much about laziness as anything else, but I like the results with Rejex.
Zaino is a terrific product, but Rejex is much easier, and for me, the results are close.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

+1 for being a Zaino fan.

Once I emailed them on the weekend, and Sal Zaino responded to me on a Sunday morning! I support companies with great customer service.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
wetstuff
Pro

Clear Seal is like a lot of those other things: "Why didn't they have that when I was a kid?!"
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 AM
CBnAT
Pro

View this thread on the Zaino detail on my car:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=cbnat
Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Zaino

I'm 3rd with same 05S (sea blue interior tho). Have used Zaino for years. Once you have a good base and either a layer of Z2, AIO or Z5, the clear seal is all you need IMHO--takes 5 minutes, no dust, streaks and can hit plastic and rubber without worry. Paint doesn't feel real slick afterwards but the beading action is incredible. I use it exclusively on my wheels (inside and out) and they wash up with little effort or residue.

V
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Leader
I was a Zaino disciple on a continuing series of Black Porsches.
However, since I was introduced to Rejex (a much simpler, one-step process), I've switched.
It may be as much about laziness as anything else, but I like the results with Rejex.
Zaino is a terrific product, but Rejex is much easier, and for me, the results are close.

That's another reason Zaino Clear Seal was produced. Just apply and walk-away! No buffing, rubbing, etc.

Problem I have with Rejex was on dark cars, it looks way too sterile, like it was wrapped in plastic wrap. Very early versions of Zaino was like this as Zaino back then was developed for show cars indoors. Under high intensity lights, MV or MH lights, it lookd fantastic, BUT, put it outside and you get that plastic look.

Zaino has come a very long way since then and all the new products: Z5-Pro, Z2-Pro, Z-CS, Z-AIO all have much better optics. Add some Z8, and the finish looks much deeper, close to waxes w/o the drawbacks.

Rejex works well for wheels, as that's just about the extent I use it. Other suspension areas as well. I found it works on very clean wheel wells, but they have to be absolutly clean for it to bond.

What Sal Zaino did was introduce Z-AIO and Z-CS for those not wanting to spend hours doing the normal Z5/Z2 with ZFX routine.

Sealants, just like wax are subjective to everyone. What looks good to some may look terrible to others.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Sadiq
Pro

posts 2 and 3 = half ***

dawn
clay
z2
z6
z5
z6
z2
grand finale

zaino tire gloss and glass polish at the end.

make sure you use microfiber bonnets on your buffer and microfiber towels. Adam's polishes makes excellent towels.

Quick Reply: Zaino Newbie