Sponsored by:

Awkward situation w friend's wife and my 08 997

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I get asked to display my car at various Porsche events. Now, I am not particularly **** about the car, but I don't like strangers walking up and sitting in it solely due to the sheer volume of people and the resultant potential for wear. (I ask kids if they want to sit behind the wheel at times). Well, one time while I was watching casually from a distance, a woman with a dog on a leash guides her dog into my car and proceeds to sit down in the driver's seat with the dog prancing around the front seat, center console, and into the back seat. This despite a "please do not touch the cars" sign that was nearly blocking entry to my car.

I was a little stunned. I walked over and politely asked her to remove her dog and herself from my car. She seemed surprised that I would ask her to get out, and explained that she "didn't think anyone would mind." I asked her if she had seen the sign . . . I was still polite, but if anyone deserved to be berated, she did . . .
[Flame suit on]

Dog people have no idea why you had a problem with that...

[Flame suit off]
Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
[Flame suit on]

[Flame suit off]
I have a problem with bitches. Dogs, on the other hand . . .
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what's more valuable to you: the car or the friendship. If you ask him to pay for the fix, he may or may not do it. But that will be the end of the friendship.

Everyone on here talks about friendship being more important than things. Personally, I don't hold on too tightly to friends that break my stuff and don't offer to pay. I would never take up the offer unless they were being completely irresponsible, but it's an appropriate gesture.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by cdodkin
[Flame suit on]

[Flame suit off]
I'm a dog guy-my yellow lab doesn't get in my, Club Coupe, and I wouldn't take kindly to some inconsiderate person who would try to put their dog in my car. A true dog owner knows it is his/her responsibility to keep their dogs off other people's stuff.

I would have blown my stack, and I don't care if it was Paris Hilton and her Chihuahua
Old 05-07-2008, 04:39 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LOVE my dog - and dogs in general yet I WOULD NEVER have on in my Porsches - and even when my doggie goes to the doggie doc in the Audi - we throw down some towels so she doesn't acceditnaly scratch the leather, etc.

Wow - odd folks out there in the world....

Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dogs are fine in my Porsche. I shrink wrap them first.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:58 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Let's face it, everyone has their own priorities in life. Some people are **** retentive about every swirl mark and the nap direction of the carpeting in their cars, and at the other extreme some people drag shopping bags across the paint and back into things and only get their cars washed at the automated car wash a few times a year and let their dogs jump all over the seats and slobber on everything. And there are a million variations in between these 2 extremes. So the folks who don't treat car care as a high priority would not see chipping the paint as a big deal, because in their lifestyle, it isn't a big deal. Those of us closer to the **** retentive end of the spectrum could probably benefit by loosening up a bit and focusing on more important aspects of life, such as friendships, and enjoying driving our cars more than displaying them.

Nuff sed. I need to go shine my car since it has been 3 days since I last did it.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:15 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
I need to go shine my car since it has been 3 days since I last did it.
I hope you are using at minimum five products purchased from detailing specialty houses to do so

Quick Reply: Awkward situation w friend's wife and my 08 997