Sponsored by:

softronic ecu flash

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I've done GIAC for my previous cars.. but this one is one of the best noticeable power
even on an n/a engine you can really feel the difference..
they send you 2 files and you can do it yourself.. make sure your laptop has enough battery and your car battery is connected to a charger.. you can reflash from stock to tuned in 5 minutes..
I used Dan from Vivid Racing...
here's the softronic site
http://www.softronic.us/products.php

But I agree with the above post.. my dealer is mod friendly.. make sure you have good relationship with them...
Old 02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
I emailed this company several days ago with some questions and never heard back. Just imagine how screwed you would be if something went wrong with your ECU flash and the company didn't respond to you. Caveat Empor.
Interesting considering there are no emails for the month of Jan. that have not been responed to. When did you send one???
Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mitch236
It always amazes me that people make claims about "no warrantee issues". Let me warn you, if you kill the engine (which is very unlikely), the regional rep will show up at the dealer and attach a special computer that even the dealers don't have access to and it will show any modifications to the ECU. Even if they use Porsche files. At that point, your dealer is out of the loop for making warrantee decisions.

Also be wary of posters who have only 1 or 2 posts talking about a product.
Sorry even if the entire chip was read there are no changes to show that it was flashed back to stock when in that mode. This though does not apply to other tuners. Softronic also make the binary reader that is being used for these data checks.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by marine8541
Sorry even if the entire chip was read there are no changes to show that it was flashed back to stock when in that mode. This though does not apply to other tuners. Softronic also make the binary reader that is being used for these data checks.
trying to understand this here...
1-so are you saying that you have an guarantee in writing that you stand behind that if something happens to the engine that is under Porsche warranty that you can flash the ECU back to stock and that Porsche can not tell that the ECU has been tampered with?

2- If something happens to the engine that is a result from the ECU being reprogrammed that Softronic will warranty the engine?

thanks! Mike
Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdrums
trying to understand this here...
1-so are you saying that you have an guarantee in writing that you stand behind that if something happens to the engine that is under Porsche warranty that you can flash the ECU back to stock and that Porsche can not tell that the ECU has been tampered with?

2- If something happens to the engine that is a result from the ECU being reprogrammed that Softronic will warranty the engine?

thanks! Mike
1. Yes if flashed back to stock you cant tell, Porsche or even me.

2.First of all Softronic does and will not make any changes that will cause the engine to expire. I think an owner would be the likely candidate for this from a missed shift or tampering with the boost in a turbo etc. I can guarantee that the DME will be in the state that it was in the moment the car was built and started at the factory. I think the biggest problem is that most people do not understand or know what makes an DME work or how it is checked or programmed.

You can also ask a similar question on the PCA Technical site and I will answer also.

Best,
Scott Slauson
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

and the short version answer to Mike's question 2...

"no"

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
and the short version answer to Mike's question 2...

"no"

As I stated there are no changes that can cause damage to the engine so why would I say it would be covered? That would imply that it could cause damage.

Best
Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello, I used the form on your website. I can assure you that I have no reason to lie, or ax to grind. As a matter of fact, I was/am interested in your software based on the positive posts I have read here and on 6Speed.

I specifically asked you about costs for custom tuned software based on the existing modifications I have and plan on my 2006 C4S.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Hello, I used the form on your website. I can assure you that I have no reason to lie, or ax to grind. As a matter of fact, I was/am interested in your software based on the positive posts I have read here and on 6Speed.

I specifically asked you about costs for custom tuned software based on the existing modifications I have and plan on my 2006 C4S.

My apologies however I did not receive a question from you. We had problem with our server late Thursday and Friday if either of those days you had submitted it.
In any case please resubmit one and I will keep an eye out for it or you can call me now if you like.

Best,
Scott
Old 02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

As I stated there are no changes that can cause damage to the engine so why would I say it would be covered? That would imply that it could cause damage.

Cheap HP with no ill effects. Any idea why Porsche doesn't map the ECU like this at the factory?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Cheap HP with no ill effects. Any idea why Porsche doesn't map the ECU like this at the factory?
Porsche keeps a margin in the DME for future projected gains for sales. Many of the models will get a few HP increase over what they anticipate keeping than line engine. Some increases will stay away from a certain model like lets say a 3.6 so they can introduce a higher output engine 3.8s or X51 during a given year and then go back another time to increase again to boost sales in the future.

This was seen with the Boxster 3.2 getting its final power boost before it was dropped for the 3.4 engine.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

In visiting your website, I can't find any graphs showing comparison of 997S stock motor hp and Torque to cars equipped with your software. Are these graphs available?
Do you recommend other changes, such as X51 headers, and/or PSE or aftermarket exhausts?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
marine8541
Intermediate

Originally Posted by keninirvine
In visiting your website, I can't find any graphs showing comparison of 997S stock motor hp and Torque to cars equipped with your software. Are these graphs available?
Do you recommend other changes, such as X51 headers, and/or PSE or aftermarket exhausts?

The stock and gains are listed at the Software section. The only car listed that I would suggest to get its full gain to 389hp is the 3.8s and that I would recommend X51 headers and mufflers or similar. This engine was at 376 with out these and added for additional breathing. All other listings are for a stock car without any other exhaust or intake mods.

I'm not a sponsor yet so I do not want to overstep my bounds and try and sell anything. I would like it if any other questions were asked in a email to me from the Panoroma Technical email listed in the back of the book or via the web site.

Thank You,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by marine8541; 02-04-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added Name
Old 02-05-2008, 12:11 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Does anyone else find it interesting that the satisfied user of this software only just signed up to Rennlist and all his posts are in this one thread touting the product? POSTING IN ALL CAPS doesn't help his credibility either.

He certainly could be a genuine, satisfied customer but often on Internet sites posters with this profile are likely to be shills.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Because Porsche has to tune the car for all types of drivers and markets and the possible use of lower octane fuel. Porsche has to meet a certain fuel economy and so forth.

I do not have this ecu flash but have done this type of thing to many motorcycles. I would tend to believe from working with ecu upgrades that the fuel curve is re-mapped and the ignition timing plus the fuel injector pulses.

I would love to do a ECU change for my car but I do a lot of track days and I am still not convinced that IF there was an engine issue with a burned piston or in the drive train that Porsche could not be able to examine the ECU and tell if it has been tampered with.

If I had a guarantee from a ECU re-flash company on this issue I would go for it. None of these companies will do this nor will they go into depth about what they changed on the ECU...seems a little wishy washy for me at this point with my new car.

marine (Scott) I drive a 2007 997S with the only mod as Fabspeed max-flo mufflers. I also drive a Tip due to not having a left leg.

1-So is there anything in your software that makes the Tip hold the gears longer and shift better in drive mode for street use?

2-Is there anything in your software that allows the Tip to be downshifted faster and at a higher mph and rpm in manual mode?

3-Does your software change anything in the cars sport mode with the throttle sensativity?

thanks! Mike

Last edited by mdrums; 02-05-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: softronic ecu flash