Sponsored by:

softronic ecu flash

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
cgng30
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default softronic ecu flash

Is any body aware of this software company. I talked to the owner he seemed to be very knowledgeable and they use the original porsche files and then modify it, the mapping also accomodates for any additional mods like intake,exhaust, 200 cell cats etc, and you can revert back to original stock. people on 6 speed have used it and are happy. you can do this flash your self wth your computer like some other vendors.
any commnets or feed back? apparently this company does OEM work for other manufacturers,

site link
http://www.softronic.us/
Old 01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never done any business with them, but have read quite a few satisfied customer reports in the last couple of years. My not so tentative conclusion is that they're very good.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:44 AM
clvig
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HAD SCOTT FROM SOFTRONIC REMAP MY ECU ON MY 05 997S IT WAS GREAT VERY HAPPY. YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!!!!!
I DID A LOT OF CHECKING ON OTHER ECU MODDERS AND TRIED BUT SCOTTS
WAS THE BEST DEAL AND MOST NOTICE INCREASED IN POWER .
Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Vig Any noticeable side effects? Any warranty issues?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:19 PM
clvig
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you, I had no side effects or issues with Softronics software. It is a great software I have tried other brand names and noticed no improvements. All I had to do was flash my ECU with Softronics 997s software. Did not upgrade exhaust or anything else. I have already noticed significant improvements. Believe me you will be happy. Also had no warranty problems i notice the car to idle better

P.S. My car came factory with sport exhaust so there was no need for me to uprgrade my exhaust. Feel free to ask me any other additional questions you may have regarding the software.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

It always amazes me that people make claims about "no warrantee issues". Let me warn you, if you kill the engine (which is very unlikely), the regional rep will show up at the dealer and attach a special computer that even the dealers don't have access to and it will show any modifications to the ECU. Even if they use Porsche files. At that point, your dealer is out of the loop for making warrantee decisions.

Also be wary of posters who have only 1 or 2 posts talking about a product.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:01 PM
clvig
Rennlist Member

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. I HAD THE SOME WARRANTY PROBLEMS, BUT YOU CAN UNPROGRAM YOUR ECU WITH SOFTTRONICS ECU PROGRAM YOUR SELF BEFORE YOU SEND IT TO YOUR DEALER. ALSO THE PORSCHE REP COMPUTER YOU TALKED ABOUT WILL SAY IT WAS REFLASHED BUT IF YOU REPROGRAM
YOUR ECU BACK TO STOCK THEY CAN NOT TELL, I BOUGHT MINE IN THREE TIMES AND REPROGRAM BACK TO STOCK AND HAD NO PROBLEMS ONE WHERE THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE ECU, DUE TO A MISS FIRE WHEN I FRIST STARTED IN THE MORNING THEY SAID THEY HAD TO GET THE REP TO SEE THIS PROBLEM. THEY CALLED ME TWO DAYS LATER AND SAID CAR WAS ALL SET AND THEY REPLACED THE ECU. I GOT THE CAR AND TOLD SOFTROICS WHAT HAPPEN THEY SENT ME A NEW PROGRAM AND WAS ALL SET. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS, AND UNDERSTAND TO BE 100% SAFE WITH NO REGRETS DO NOT REFALSH OR DO ANY MODS WHILE UNDER WARRANTY

Last edited by clvig; 01-28-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
cgng30
Instructor

Originally Posted by clvig
I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. I HAD THE SOME WARRANTY PROBLEMS, BUT YOU CAN UNPROGRAM YOUR ECU WITH SOFTTRONICS ECU PROGRAM YOUR SELF BEFORE YOU SEND IT TO YOUR DEALER. ALSO THE PORSCHE REP COMPUTER YOU TALKED ABOUT WILL SAY IT WAS REFLASHED BUT IF YOU REPROGRAM
YOUR ECU BACK TO STOCK THEY CAN NOT TELL, I BOUGHT MINE IN THREE TIMES AND REPROGRAM BACK TO STOCK AND HAD NO PROBLEMS ONE WHERE THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE ECU, DUE TO A MISS FIRE WHEN I FRIST STARTED IN THE MORNING THEY SAID THEY HAD TO GET THE REP TO SEE THIS PROBLEM. THEY CALLED ME TWO DAYS LATER AND SAID CAR WAS ALL SET AND THEY REPLACED THE ECU. I GOT THE CAR AND TOLD SOFTROICS WHAT HAPPEN THEY SENT ME A NEW PROGRAM AND WAS ALL SET. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS, AND UNDERSTAND TO BE 100% SAFE WITH NO REGRETS DO NOT REFALSH OR DO ANY MODS WHILE UNDER WARRANTY
VIG
DID YOU HAVE THIS MISFIRE PROBLEM BEFORE YOU INSTALLED THE SOFTRONIC OR AFTER.

THANKS
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

why is everybody screaming at each other..... makes my eyes sore just listening..... er reading...

Old 01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
clvig
Rennlist Member

it was before but the dealer could not make it happen, they called me about 2 months later and had me bring it in at that time i flashed the ecu it seem to idle better but every time i started still had miss fire before it warmed up, i unprogramed it and brought it to them
Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
cgng30
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
why is everybody screaming at each other..... makes my eyes sore just listening..... er reading...

no screaming intended, i replied to the post and auto replied it back in caps some how
Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 AM
cgng30
Instructor

Originally Posted by clvig
it was before but the dealer could not make it happen, they called me about 2 months later and had me bring it in at that time i flashed the ecu it seem to idle better but every time i started still had miss fire before it warmed up, i unprogramed it and brought it to them
cool thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I emailed this company several days ago with some questions and never heard back. Just imagine how screwed you would be if something went wrong with your ECU flash and the company didn't respond to you. Caveat Empor.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 AM
clvig
Rennlist Member

HAVE YOU TRIED CALLING SCOTT, HE WAS GOOD IN GETTING BACK TO ME IN A DAY AND A FEW TIMES PICKED RIGHT UP AND I CAM BE A PAIN IN THE ****, HOPE IT WORKS OUT
Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Originally Posted by mitch236
It always amazes me that people make claims about "no warrantee issues". Let me warn you, if you kill the engine (which is very unlikely), the regional rep will show up at the dealer and attach a special computer that even the dealers don't have access to and it will show any modifications to the ECU. Even if they use Porsche files. At that point, your dealer is out of the loop for making warrantee decisions.

Also be wary of posters who have only 1 or 2 posts talking about a product.
Mitch hit it dead on. You BETTER have a good relationship with your dealer who can help sway on how the rep decides. But in the end, yes .... the dealer is powerless in the final say.

Theo

Quick Reply: softronic ecu flash