Sponsored by:

How did you get permission....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk on blk
Oh I never win any arguments, but hell I don't care. There is almost nothing in my life worth arguing about at this stage anyway.
reminds me of the old adage: "happy wife, happy life!"

p-cardriver
Old 01-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Lblackman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit like " blk on blk" ... on my 45th birthday my wife suggested we go look at sports cars (May '97). She doesn't drive and is a bit of a nervous passenger but accepts my interest in cars.

We drove a Z3 (piece of junk) and then went to the Porsche dealer and drove a Boxster - I loved the car and she insisted that we order one. In fact, she insisted on buying it. I objected - didn't think it was a smart thing to do, blah blah blah. She insisted we go ahead, so we ordered the car. Turned out that it took almost a year to get it, with production problems and dealer problems. But I picked it up the day before my birthday n '98.

Turned out to be a life-changing gift ... it reawakened my passion for cars and driving, got me involved with PCA, and we made some great friends around it.

Two+ years later I made the mistake of driving a Boxster S and promptly upgraded. That surprised Judy - she thought it was the gift of a lifetime and wanted to know if I was going to upgrade her as well. Never!! 7 years later, we have just gotten rid of the Boxster and now have an 07 C2S in the garage ... with Judy's enthusiastic support.

Not sure what the moral of the story is, except that I have a treasure of a wife who encourages me to play at the things I have passion for.

LCB
Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Terapia
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At my house...three buckets (and accounts), investment & retirement, our money and, my money. I bought it out of my money. Never a disagreement or unsuportive comment.

Quick Reply: How did you get permission....