Suspended license

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
If your name is Dave... well, I was talking to the other Dave above

EDIT: I just checked your web site.. it is Dave. Go figure.
Fixed my post to address the "right" Dave
LOL. I *was* wondering.. Who is this guy and how does he know me...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911Dave
I love these threads. "I got caught breaking the law. Now how do I weasel out and avoid punishment? You f'd up, your turn to PAY.
+1 - After the 2nd or 3rd ticket you have got to wonder what this person was thinking (or apparently not).
Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

I love these threads. "I got caught breaking the law. Now how do I weasel out and avoid punishment? You f'd up, your turn to PAY.

It's time to change the avatar to a P-51. The **** dive bomber is getting annoying.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
stsanford
Advanced

Okay, let's not beat on him. I got a 80 in a 55 in MY WIFE'S JEEP and 3 days later a 77 in a 55 in my Jaguar X-Type. SH*T happens, doesn't make him a weasel. I am working to get my tickets plead down. I was traveling AS FAST as everyone else NO FASTER. Why me? Don't know, but I'll be damned if I loose my license for something as stupid as this. It's not like we're public enemies, and I do DE and AutoX, so I feel my car control is okay enough for those speeds...
Scott
Old 10-16-2007, 12:50 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

All in the eye of the beholder I guess. Sounds to me like he's got no issues with paying his fines but would like to be able to continue driving after being busted four times going with the normal flow of traffic.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Yeah, I would expect a comment like that from a guy whose avatar is a **** dive bomber.

My advice would be to hire the best lawyer money can buy. Police love guys with Pcars because we pay our tickets and generally are law abiding guys and gals. Why pull over a real criminal who might lead to real work when you can just pull over a 911, ring your quota, and move on.

Some jagg off pulled out in front of me this weekend and I was reminded in person how arrogant, rude, and biased police are. Their motto should be "To protect and serve ourselves".

They assumed right off the bat because I t-boned the guy I was at fault. After some explaining by witnesses, they realized the guy ran a stop sign and pulled out in front of me.

(Thankfully for me I was driving my Toyota and not the PCar because they probably would have tasered me first and asked questions later.) Porsche drivers are nothing more than a cash flow cow to police so I would suggest you step off your high horse before you give someone BS about speeding tickets. You weren't there and you have no idea what happened.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Sorry to disagree here. These type of speeding tickets have nothing to do with safety or protecting the public. They are pure and simple revenue enhancers to help soak the public. This is in contrast to someone with multiple DUIs who should go to jail and have his or her license suspended for a very long time.
I think the only choice here is to hire the best attorney you can find and try to mitigate the consequences.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
171mph
Racer

thanks appreciate the responses. i found a decent traffic lawyer. got a hearing for 10/31. fingers crossed. maybe i should mention to the judge i did the skip barber 3 day racing school, he'll love that.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

I totally agree that one needs to defend themselves, and that radar traps are a revenue generator, but I tend to take a speeding ticket as a warning to "cool my jets" for a while - kinda of a once-bitten-twice shy. I'd normally be defending you vigorously, but FOUR TICKETS in a year - didn't you get progressively more cautious after the second and then the third? It's not only common sense, but it's self preservation.

Sounds like a timeout may be warranted in this case.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys are right, my comment was too harsh. I commend you for not flaming me more resolutely.

As for the avatar, I don't believe it was a "****" warplane, but rather a warplane of the German Luftwaffe, which was not "****", but simply controlled by a **** regime. Not all Germans of that era were supportive of Hitler. However, in the interest of more friendly relations here on the board, I've changed my avatar to something less controversial....my cat, whose name is Ripley but is more commonly referred to as "that little ****".
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Now if you had a ME 262 that would be a different story. That was a beautiful airplane. Your right if you were a teenager in the late 30's you went into the military or Else. That didn't mean you were a ****. Dr. Ferdinand Porsche was a ardent **** and we still drive the cars that were named after him. The Germans have always built good stuff and thay are good people

I do think the Highway Patrol in Germany back in those days were proably a little more difficult to deal with than what we have to put up with here today.

Nice Cat, Dave
Old 10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on the wrong side of the law myself right now. I had to hire a lawyer to hopefully get my ticket plead down somewhat. Money well spent imo.

Really makes a man think about goin' legit...man, is it hard though. To just think about never speeding at all again, I just don't know if I can do it, that's all. Pull for me guys

as for you 171? The top bunk's mine
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 171mph
thanks appreciate the responses. i found a decent traffic lawyer. got a hearing for 10/31. fingers crossed. maybe i should mention to the judge i did the skip barber 3 day racing school, he'll love that.
Let us know how it goes? I'd be curious what you get for your money.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 789 Likes on 440 Posts

After reading this thread - I did a test on my way to work today. Just driving in the flow of traffic, there wasn't a single road I was on where I wasn't exceeding the posted limit. 40 in a 30, 50 in a 40, 65 in a 55, etc, etc.

That's the problem with the traffic laws - the posted limits are set artificially low to encourage ticket generation, so almost everyone is in violation at all times. Have a stretch of bad luck, and this can happen to anyone.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 AM
faszinated
Advanced

It's easier than you think. I just got 4 tickets inside of six months here in Florida:

One for "accelerating too quickly" in Coral Gables.
One for pulling out of a parking lot while buckling (i.e., not buckling before pulling out) in Ft Lauderdale.
One for speeding on my way to Sebring for a track event (ok, deserved that one, 97Mph)
One for doing 63 on a 8 lane highway that aparantly has a speed limit of 45 (in Boca Raton).

**** cat boy will probably say that I am getting carried away and need to cool my jets, but the reality is that my driving over the last 6 months is no different than my driving over the last 6 years. Last 6 months = just unlucky. It happens. There must have been a speeding ticket donut incentive i was unaware of.

Quick Reply: Suspended license