Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you trade a CS for an '08 Corvette C6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

"Life is too short to be driving Chevys"
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
elh0102
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove an '08 ZO6 yesterday on some pretty good country road. The improvement made in the steering is noticeable, but not huge. The current version seems more precise, tighter, but in terms of communication, it's definitely not as good as the Porsche. But honestly, I was never really bothered by the Vette steering anyway. The biggest driveability improvement I noticed is the shifter; very good, and considerably better than either factory Porsche shifter. No other news. Folks bothered by the GM interior and orange peel paint will still have complaints. And folks in the other camp (me), who are concerned only with how it drives, will find it just that much more impressive. I'm planning on selling the 997S during the warranty period, and a new ZO6 will probably be my next car. Not that I'm at all disappointed in the Porsche, I just don't want to own it out of warranty. Jay Leno may not have been totally correct when he said all you need for Vette repair is a hammer, but his point is well taken.

Quick Reply: Would you trade a CS for an '08 Corvette C6?