Sponsored by:

RMS Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:49 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 500
I have read two separate articles about these seals not even being properly installed at the factory and one of the reasons for the redesign of the installation tool was to help correct this problem. Perhaps in the case here where it took three times to get it right, it could be possible the two new replacement seals plus the original 07 factory seal were all defective. Brad the installation of anything no matter how simple can be "messed up". Let's just agree to disagree on this one .
I have never seen a m86/m97 seal installed improperly, i have seen them damaged on instaation but never installed wrong. Its very simialr to improperly opening your car door its not rocket science.
And with 3 leaking seals I would start to thing that something is damaging the seals and its not defective seals? At that point it really is time to do some serious measurments of the crank to case at multiple crank angles
Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
i have seen them damaged on instaation
If someone damages the part upon installation it was not installed properly.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

touche....................................... I suppose you can consdier it that way, i really dont but i will give it to ya. But damaged seals do leak within the first usualy 2 minutes of the car running, and rarely should leave the dealer for the customer to find
Old 05-01-2007, 07:16 PM

touche....................................... I suppose you can consdier it that way, i really dont but i will give it to ya. But damaged seals do leak within the first usualy 2 minutes of the car running, and rarely should leave the dealer for the customer to find
You're a trip...like your spirit On another note my brakes are still squealing like a bus at very low speeds, if you have a minute can you check this out please?

Thanks

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/348862-the-only-way-i-ve-found-to-keep-my-brakes-silent.html
Old 05-02-2007, 11:33 AM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
i didnt read the whole thread but i just love when MMD and OCBEN go at it. LOL! between ocbens misinformation and thinking he knows more than he actually does, and mmd's negative attitude towards everything, its awesome!!!

i expect to get a pm from ben again, lol

Become a member and go to the members area; I'm sure there's more "insult-the-non-members" fun to be had there.

Negative? I? It's more like I expect "excellence" from Porsche and when I see shortcomings in the cars I let people know about them. I have alot of stuff (getting sick of owning so much stuff) and when I acquire something I'm not automatically a devoted admirer of the manufacturer or designer who's willing to vigorously defend the product and magically overlook it's weaknesses. IMO, because of it's successes, Porsche is not really "on our side" as buyers these days like they have been in the past.

I and ben? With ripping attacks (out of nowhere) on any time I post here, how would anyone admit they made a mistake? I read in Panorama or Excellence a detailed article about the RMS some years ago. Turns out I wrongly remembered some details what I read. I would have gladly admitted it , and would have been grateful to anyone who politely pointed out how I screwed it up. But to have a guy insted bludgeon you with insults who's going to do that? He poisons the atmosphere here; just like the bully article says. Everytime I post here I expect to be attacked by him or one of his followers.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

agreed that ben is indeed a bully.
he needs to keep his "stuff" in OT where it belongs
Old 05-02-2007, 12:40 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
Become a member and go to the members area; I'm sure there's more "insult-the-non-members" fun to be had there.

Negative? I? It's more like I expect "excellence" from Porsche and when I see shortcomings in the cars I let people know about them. I have alot of stuff (getting sick of owning so much stuff) and when I acquire something I'm not automatically a devoted admirer of the manufacturer or designer who's willing to vigorously defend the product and magically overlook it's weaknesses. IMO, because of it's successes, Porsche is not really "on our side" as buyers these days like they have been in the past.

I and ben? With ripping attacks (out of nowhere) on any time I post here, how would anyone admit they made a mistake? I read in Panorama or Excellence a detailed article about the RMS some years ago. Turns out I wrongly remembered some details what I read. I would have gladly admitted it , and would have been grateful to anyone who politely pointed out how I screwed it up. But to have a guy insted bludgeon you with insults who's going to do that? He poisons the atmosphere here; just like the bully article says. Everytime I post here I expect to be attacked by him or one of his followers.
agreed. and lol @ ben sending me a pm.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PTpeecar
agreed that ben is indeed a bully.
he needs to keep his "stuff" in OT where it belongs
To little wussies like you with little girl sensitive feelings who cry if someone disagrees with you, I must indeed appear like a big bad bully. To which I would say: Grow some ***** and quit your whining.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Wise men speak because they have something to say;
fools because they have to say something
<Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are an embarrassment to American society.
Sharpton needs to visit the house of Thurmond for a little more perspective>

was this one of your "wise man" thoughts, or just another creepy posting
Old 05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Originally Posted by MMD

Igo. Turns out I wrongly remembered some details what I read. I would have gladly admitted it , and would have been grateful to anyone who politely pointed out how I screwed it up..
Just for the record what inforamtion did you remeber wrong
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 AM
MMD
Banned

Just for the record what inforamtion did you remeber wrong
FWIW, it is incorrect that racing engines are machined for concentricity and that's the reason their RMSs don't leak.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good write-up on RMS to download here:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...e=post&id=3223

Excellent write up on the in's and out's of oil here:

http://www.trustmymechanic.com/motor-oil-bible.pdf

Just in case anyone wants to do some background research before they make their flaming posts on the forum.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 PM
The B
Racer

Wow, I missed alot.

dstrimbu:

No new engine, just new seals...the official response was: "that's what a warranty is for".

500:

I know that two of the three replacements was performed by the same tech...I remember talking with them directly, they were very frustrated by my car.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by The B
Wow, I missed alot.

500:

I know that two of the three replacements was performed by the same tech...I remember talking with them directly, they were very frustrated by my car.
I just hope she's is perfect now and stays that way
Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
The B
Racer

LOL, later I was given the lesson by my car not to complain about the RMS...I had a shifter cable brake one Friday night leaving my by the side of the road. At least the RMS is an item one can address "at will".

Quick Reply: RMS Question