Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woohoo! Dealer says my Porsche has arrived.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
erv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car looks outstanding. Great wheels. If you own the car, plan on keeping it for awhile, and are detail oriented get the clear bra before it goes on the road.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Laura -
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS !!!
Looks great.
I'm very happy for you - now, let the games begin.
-dave
Old 02-02-2007, 09:51 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's been a long wait....
Your gonna love it!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Lori, great looking car. I especially love the insignia in black as well as the tires. Sharp looking all around. Can't wait to get my car back. Have to wait another two weeks, but she's getting there. Best of luck my dear. If I can offer one mod that you should add it's the K40 system. Great to have.
Also get the clear side markers. They would look great with your car.

Be safe, Jay
Old 02-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DJ23
Lori, great looking car. I especially love the insignia in black as well as the tires. Sharp looking all around. Can't wait to get my car back. Have to wait another two weeks, but she's getting there. Best of luck my dear. If I can offer one mod that you should add it's the K40 system. Great to have.
Also get the clear side markers. They would look great with your car.

Be safe, Jay
Thank you. I will definatley be installing ticket repellent. Where should I buy the K40? Is it something my dealer could install?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:07 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lori
Here are two pictures that my salesman sent me. I can't wait to pick up my baby.
That is my exact car! You win though, I didn't order mine, it was a Dealer trade.

I get more compliments on this car than any I have ever owned.

Congrats on your great taste!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 500
Never would have thought you had a 'dark side'...but between the car and the new pic of the cat I'm starting to wonder...

Car's a beauty btw.
That's my boy Spike.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Colm
That is my exact car! You win though, I didn't order mine, it was a Dealer trade.

I get more compliments on this car than any I have ever owned.

Congrats on your great taste!
Wow! Did you get any interior trim in black?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yummy! Enjoy her. It will be like Christmas morning, I'll bet you get up before the sun does...
Old 02-03-2007, 03:20 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Congrats Lori!

I'd wait on the alignment check and I definitely wouldn't get a clear bra.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

The car is beautiful and so is Spike. They both have the "don't mess with me" factor!

Love the wheels.

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:55 AM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks sweet. I assume u are here in the Northeast given the trees in the backround of that photo and your weather update. Which dealership did you use? I bought mine thru New Country in Greenwich and was happy with the details I had them add at delivery; K40 w/ laser difusors I highly reccomend as it's the most unobtrusive set-up in terms of stealth and it has already saved me a laser tkt. Definitely get the clear bra done before u pick it up especially assuming u will be driving it this time of year. I did the front bumper, and door pull cups only but most go with hood also. I would reccomend NOT getting the sport shifter YET. Couple of reasons are the stock shifter already has reduced throws vs older models, during the break-in period the new shifter tends to be a little notchy from 1'st - 2'nd and in the Northeast cold that issue gets amplified. I decided to use the stock shifter during the 2k break-in and especially now with the cold temps I'm very happy I waited. It will be fun to be able to upgrade to sport shifter soon after enjoying an already good stock set-up. That's my .02...is your car a C2S or C4S? Hard to tell with the painted model in that small photo.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by awilks
Looks sweet. I assume u are here in the Northeast given the trees in the backround of that photo and your weather update. Which dealership did you use? I bought mine thru New Country in Greenwich and was happy with the details I had them add at delivery; K40 w/ laser difusors I highly reccomend as it's the most unobtrusive set-up in terms of stealth and it has already saved me a laser tkt. Definitely get the clear bra done before u pick it up especially assuming u will be driving it this time of year. I did the front bumper, and door pull cups only but most go with hood also. I would reccomend NOT getting the sport shifter YET. Couple of reasons are the stock shifter already has reduced throws vs older models, during the break-in period the new shifter tends to be a little notchy from 1'st - 2'nd and in the Northeast cold that issue gets amplified. I decided to use the stock shifter during the 2k break-in and especially now with the cold temps I'm very happy I waited. It will be fun to be able to upgrade to sport shifter soon after enjoying an already good stock set-up. That's my .02...is your car a C2S or C4S? Hard to tell with the painted model in that small photo.
It's a C2S. My dealer says they can install the invinceashield but I may be disappointed by the fitment. I'm actually in the Southeast. The weather here has been cold latley though. I'll ask my dealer about K40.

Last edited by Sunshine; 02-03-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

If the dealer is crawfishing on installing a clear bra, I'd go somewhere else. From personal experience, I can tell you that the installer makes all the difference in what it ends up looking like. I would risk rock chips during the time between picking up the car and getting a clear bra over having one installed poorly.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:47 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Lori, yes your dealer should be able to install your K40. Make sure they have a cerified person to do it. I've seen some installs that weren't as clean when done by an unauthorized tech. Hey post some pics of the interior. Another mod that's not too costly and looks great is the pedal set from Carnewal.com. Enjoy your car my dear. Click link herehttp://www.carnewal-europe.com/

Jay

Quick Reply: Woohoo! Dealer says my Porsche has arrived.