Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woohoo! Dealer says my Porsche has arrived.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007 | 04:19 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lori
Got it! 300 miles already. I adore my new Porsche. Just rest area pics on the way home. I'll take better ones later.
Awesome!

I can't wait to see the side profile pics and pictures on the inside.

Be sure to include your options list as I can't remember what you ordered anymore.

Wow, that looks sweet! There's not much more things life that are more special than taking delivery of a custom ordered Porsche - whoohooo!!!!!
Old 02-20-2007 | 10:40 AM
OCBen
Banned

Congratulations on finally taking delivery, Laura!
Now you'll need to update your sig, and maybe include a pic while you're at it.

Wow, but you sure ordered your car from a dealer so far away. I suppose it was the closest?
Old 02-21-2007 | 03:07 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Here are some more pics of my new baby. I've been driving it every chance I get. I have almost 500 miles on it already. Thank you all for your inspiration and advice. Rennlist is a great forum and I've learned so much here. It was a long time coming but I am so happy to finally be driving my new Porsche.
Attached Images       
Old 02-21-2007 | 03:13 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

And more pics. The Toyota in the second picture was my trade in. LOL. It served its purpose well and will be missed.
Attached Images      
Old 02-21-2007 | 03:23 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Congratulations on finally taking delivery, Laura!
Now you'll need to update your sig, and maybe include a pic while you're at it.

Wow, but you sure ordered your car from a dealer so far away. I suppose it was the closest?
It definately wasn't the closest dealership. My salesman took good care of me.
Old 02-21-2007 | 04:34 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Sweet pics Lori! I'm finally starting to like the painted black wheels after seeing your car with them. All blacked out does look pretty sweet.

Ii still haven't seen that options list though.

That's an awesome car, and quite the upgrade too!
Old 02-21-2007 | 05:46 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronmart
Sweet pics Lori! I'm finally starting to like the painted black wheels after seeing your car with them. All blacked out does look pretty sweet.

Ii still haven't seen that options list though.

That's an awesome car, and quite the upgrade too!
Thanks Ron. I'm glad I chose the black Carrera Sport wheels. They set my car apart and look excellent.

In choosing my options, I wanted to be sure that my car would be sporty. I've found that regardless of options, a Porsche Carrera is a very sporty car. It is refined and comfortable yet very exciting to drive.

The small black interior trim parts look nice and weren't too expensive. They follow the theme. Sport chrono coupled with sport exhaust adds to the fun and excitement of driving the car. I'll post my options soon. Meanwhile how do you feel about your thicker steering wheel? Mine doesn't seem all that thick. I'm used to my fat M3 steering wheel though.
Old 02-21-2007 | 06:41 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

WOW! Nice pics and options as well!!

Like the black dials as well and all the rest of the black accents, very very nice!!

The shine on that car looks great as well, whoever did the detailing did a nice job!

I see you matched the belts to the calipers as well, nice touch.

Drive her in good health and keep us updated as you get more time behind the wheel (which I see is also the sport wheel too)

Best Wishes,

Deanski
Old 02-21-2007 | 09:44 AM
OCBen
Banned

Yeah Lori, we're so happy for you!

Looks really nice!
Old 02-21-2007 | 01:40 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lori
Thanks Ron. I'm glad I chose the black Carrera Sport wheels. They set my car apart and look excellent.

In choosing my options, I wanted to be sure that my car would be sporty. I've found that regardless of options, a Porsche Carrera is a very sporty car. It is refined and comfortable yet very exciting to drive.

The small black interior trim parts look nice and weren't too expensive. They follow the theme. Sport chrono coupled with sport exhaust adds to the fun and excitement of driving the car. I'll post my options soon. Meanwhile how do you feel about your thicker steering wheel? Mine doesn't seem all that thick. I'm used to my fat M3 steering wheel though.
Sweet!

I like the thicker steering wheel, but yes it isn't as beefy as the M3 wheel which I agree is one of the better steering wheels on the market (although I still like the Ferrari wheel's the best).

However, the smooth leather feels really nice on your hands and it is thicker than the stock which is pencil thin, so it is still worth having. You'll appreciate it more over time, as I felt the same way you did at first. I don't regret it now.
Old 02-21-2007 | 03:25 PM
CBnAT
Pro

Beautiful car, now you need to change your signature to "just took delivery" instead of "about to take delivery"

Very taseful, Congrats.
Old 02-21-2007 | 05:13 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Wooohoooo well done. Finally, the eagle has landed!
Enjoy enjoy as much as you can many miles and many smiles in good health Lori.
Old 02-21-2007 | 11:08 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Lori one thing that you'll notice about your steering wheel that I learned in PDE last year, the curved area at the mid section of the wheel is cupped out to allow a place for your thumbs to rest in. This gives you better control when steering. Try it. My instructor was all in favor of teaching this to me. When driving aggressively I like using this technique. Fantastic car, it truly looks like the "Stealth Machine dressed up in Black with the red accents." Get that K 40.

Jay
Old 02-22-2007 | 01:44 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Looks very nice Lori. Enjoy and be safe
Old 02-22-2007 | 02:29 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Deanski
WOW!

The shine on that car looks great as well, whoever did the detailing did a nice job!
Yes, they did a great job detailing my car. The clear film looks good too. I'm a happy customer.

Quick Reply: Woohoo! Dealer says my Porsche has arrived.