Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is your next move after 'eye contact'?
Smile and look away
60.59%
Smile and mouth the words "hi"
17.65%
Try and start a conversation with a 'pick up' line
0.59%
I start sweating and my palms get sweaty
8.24%
I don't look for attractive women at stop lights
10.00%
Other (comments below)
6.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

What's your move after "eye contact" with a babe at a stop light?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:40 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's your move after "eye contact" with a babe at a stop light?

This has happened a few times and I am quite curious to the group response.

Lets say you roll up to a stop light in your fresh detailed 997 and look to the left or right and a very attractive / cute / hot woman happens to be in the next car. Lets say she is either alone or with other girlfriends. Lets say you make eye contact. What is your next split second move? Do you smile? Do you mouth the words "hi" or "I love you" (please no!) or something more provocative? Do you shy and look away? What if you have a cab or the windows are down? Do you start a conversation? What are your lines, if any?

I will start. I honestly have no idea what to say so I smile and then typically look away. Sometimes I get a smile back and then what? For me, and I will tell the truth and be honest, I look away wondering what my next move would have been once I drive away. True, I am married so what the heck am I gonna do anyway? I suppose if I were single or looking to cheat I could motion for her to roll down the window or if there were no window barriers I could just say "hi" and "wanna meet for a drink"? How about "hi, can I buy you a tank of gas?" OK, maybe that's stupid (actually, maybe that is a line that would work given gas prices these days). But I am merely looking for the magical chemical 30 second feel good spark that goes out when the light turns green so I can drive away with that "she digged me" feeling.

Lets say I was just being road friendly. Knowing the light will change from anywhere from 1 second to 60 seconds, what do you do so as to not act like a fool? What DO you DO?

This could be an interesting thread.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you've got 60 seconds then your tactics are limited... but I would definitely say hello... in a friendly and confident way and maintain direct eye contact until she responded or looked away... definitely not an ear to ear grin (that's creepy)... then I would ask her if she is going to "such and such" a place because there is a good party going on and if she says no you can exchang emails and tell her all about it...

full disclosure... there is, was and never will be a party going on... (and she knows it) your setting up a future deal by being suave in 60 seconds and giving her a reason to say yes.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:24 AM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Smile

Never seen any stoplights at the racetrack.....
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 AM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile and mouth the words: "I want a fig newton". Then give her the Chuck-E-Cheese salute where you flick your finger from your nose towards her.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:33 AM
rotthaus
Instructor

Smile, wave, and then discover as she is pulling away that I am still wearing my pirate costume for my job delivering takeout for Captain Hook's Fish and Chips.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rotthaus
Smile, wave, and then discover as she is pulling away that I am still wearing my pirate costume for my job delivering takeout for Captain Hook's Fish and Chips.
Nice move Brad Hamilton!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:36 PM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Remember she's sitting down - be careful of what you can't see! The old cute face, wide base syndrome. It's all preference I guess.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Cool thread. The interesting thing that I have noticed (for me) is that the 997 appears to be a "guys' car". In other words, I have males approach me all the time (at the gas station, in parking lots, at school) complimenting me on the car. Hardly ever girls, and those really only when they have convertibles themselves.

When I still had my 350Z, it was the opposite. No guys' comments, but more attention from girls.

I would also be interested in hearing what women say to YOU (everyone). The two comments I got so far were:

"Hi, beautiful car, are you married?" (from a high school girl)
"Oh, I would look HOT in that car! Can I try?" (from a women who would not have looked hot in any car).

Last edited by Soulteacher; 07-26-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:07 PM
rotthaus
Instructor

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Nice move Brad Hamilton!
I rock!
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2006, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Lets say you roll up to a stop light in your fresh detailed 997 and look to the left or right and a very attractive / cute / hot woman happens to be in the next car. Lets say she is either alone or with other girlfriends. Lets say you make eye contact. What is your next split second move? .
Hmmm, this really depends if my girlfriend is in the car with me or not
Old 07-26-2006, 02:36 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Smile, wink, give her the "want to hop in?" nod, and then get smacked in the back of the head by the wife.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:40 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also notice that often if you make the eye contact, they other person, male or female, feels as if they got 'busted' and then they look away immediately.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The trick is to remember that as a guy you don't HAVE to do anything. Sometimes it almost seems a male obligation to respond to every look or sideways glance as if it is a come-on and a test of your masculinity. Most of the time it is cool to acknowledge a pretty face with a nod and smile and go about your business. If you must, however, I'd advise you to rearend her and exchange phone numbers at the roadside
Old 07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gpjli2
If you must, however, I'd advise you to rearend her and exchange phone numbers at the roadside
Not necessarily in that order...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I haven't seen a hot/cute looking lady at the lights for awhile. Anyway, I need to figure out what to do with the booster seat next to me first...

Quick Reply: What's your move after "eye contact" with a babe at a stop light?