Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is your next move after 'eye contact'?
Smile and look away
60.59%
Smile and mouth the words "hi"
17.65%
Try and start a conversation with a 'pick up' line
0.59%
I start sweating and my palms get sweaty
8.24%
I don't look for attractive women at stop lights
10.00%
Other (comments below)
6.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

What's your move after "eye contact" with a babe at a stop light?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:04 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smile , wink and lick you lips ...
Old 07-28-2006, 02:09 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, if my wife was in the car, she would shout, Positon of Attention Maggot, Bring your left heel against the right. Turn your feet out equally to form an angle of 45 degrees. Keep your heels on the same line and touching. Your legs should be straight, but not stiff at the knees. Keep your hips and shoulders level and your chest lifted. Your arms should hang naturally, thumbs along the trouser seams, palms facing inward toward your legs, fingers joined in their natural curl and elbows in. Keep your head and body erect. Look straight ahead... Keep your mouth closed and your chin pulled in slightly. Stand still and do not talk Maggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:14 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

I'm the smile and turn away type which is kinda odd considering I met my wife of 15 years at a traffic light! She rolled down the window and said "follow me home" and I was hooked for life! (and no, she never did that sort of thing before - LONG STORY)
Old 07-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

I know for a fact that careful winks and nods along with wiity, mouthed, provocative comments will work even if your wife and kids are in the car. Then the same hot blond in the red Ferrari who has been winking back ends up swimming naked with you in the pool that night (until you scream and wake up your family). I'm not making this up. So this is an important post so we may all learn from others successes and failures because Christie Brinkley is single again and I know it worked on her at least once (but it works best driving an old station wagon...damn)
Old 07-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronmart
She rolled down the window and said "follow me home" and I was hooked for life! (LONG STORY)
Oh, Ron, don't worry, we've got time... a lot of time... this appears to be too good to not hear about in detail... so what exactly happened?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:56 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Oh, Ron, don't worry, we've got time... a lot of time... this appears to be too good to not hear about in detail... so what exactly happened?
Beat me to it, Wolfgang!

Yes, Ron, after throwing out that delicious teaser we want to hear every juicy detail about what happened that day, or evening.
From what ran through your mind when she told you that, such as "Did I just imagine she said that", to what your expectations were as you were following her home (I know your palms must have been sweating), to what happened when she invited you in. ... And after the sex, did you say something like, "Btw, what's your name?" .... Ahhhh, that stuff of male fantasies.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:16 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCBen
Beat me to it, Wolfgang!

Yes, Ron, after throwing out that delicious teaser we want to hear every juicy detail about what happened that day, or evening.
From what ran through your mind when she told you that, such as "Did I just imagine she said that", to what your expectations were as you were following her home (I know your palms must have been sweating), to what happened when she invited you in. ... And after the sex, did you say something like, "Btw, what's your name?" .... Ahhhh, that stuff of male fantasies.
The fantasy is when a woman tells you "I've never done this before"
Old 07-29-2006, 03:22 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

When I used to have my Honda Prelude, which I loved BTW, they wouldn't even look. That's Dallas for you. I'd hang out at the lake with friends I could always pick-up. Once they saw my Honda, which by the way was in really good shape and very, very clean as I've always cared for my cars no matter what they were, they would still smirk. I met my wife, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in the world, and she wasn't pushed back by my cool little Honda. Married nine years now and can buy any damn car either she or I want. I hooked up with the right girl. My wife tells me: I'm glad I met you before you made your money, or you'd be a male *****, luring the girls in and banging them and moving on. What???? Never.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

I throw change on the floor and ask my wife to pick it up.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:00 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
That's fkn funny, man. I'm still laughing. I noticed you said "ask" and not "tell".
Old 07-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
That's fkn funny, man. I'm still laughing. I noticed you said "ask" and not "tell".
What can I say? I'm a true gentleman.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:10 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Coochas
I busted out into a loud belly laugh when I read that - excellent!
Old 07-29-2006, 06:30 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Well it is very different then you might imagine, but here it goes...

First of all I was 16 and stone cold sober (a rarity back then as I lived in New Orleans where we have drive thru only Daquri stands and cruising involves havig a twelve pack on the center console - at least back in the mid 80's). I also had my 4 cousins with me - all of whom were from out of town.

We were leaving the mall around 6:00 during the summer (so still daylight) when I drove up to a light and saw this hot chick sitting in the passenger seat of a black Trans Am that looked exactly like Kit on Knight Rider (which was bad *** back in 1986!). I couldn't see the driver, but I just assumed it was her boyfriend.

I was in the driver seat, and my cousin from Iowa who women think is as good looking as Brad Pitt was sitting behind me on the drivers side rear seat. She looked over at me and smiled, then the light the light turned green. All my cousins egged me on to follow "the hot chick" so of course I was required to do so!

I kept catching up to the side of her and smling and waving - and she waived back! Ultmately about 5 miles from the mall we finally ended up at a traffic light again with both of us next to each other. She rolls down the window and says "follow me home". Needless to say I yelled out "****IN A" - I was very tactful back then.

I followed her and wondered what the hell was going on. I could imagine why she'd want us to follow her home when she had her boyfriend driving. I thought maybe he wants to fight us, but I didn't care because I had my 4 cousins with me and I actually had a blood shot black eye that I got from a fight the week before. I was ready to throw down for a woman!

About another 5 miles later we get to her house with me right on her tail because there was no way she was going to lose me! When we get to her house her MOTHER gets out of the drivers seat. I thought:

A. WHOOHOO she doesn't have a boyfriend, then
B. Oh ****, there goes the fun night I was hoping for!

Oddly, her mother went inside and left us alone. (I later found out her mother was an alcoholic who was always blitzed -- and who died from it in 1989), so that is why this abnormal event was allowed to occur.

I met Karen that night and found out that she was interested in both me and my cousin who is the lady killer, so she mostly just chatted with us outside her house. She ultimately invites us into her backyard to sit around by the pool.

Well long story short, before the night is over she invites another friend over and 3 of my cousins, Karen and her friend all end up in the pool in our underwear. As a 16 year old, this was the greatest day of my life (and still is in the top 10).

Overall that night she was showing more interst in my cousin than me, but she was still being nice to me too. I can't blame her though because he is way better looking than me!

After having harmless fun in the pool it gets close to curfew time for me (11:00 PM back then) so I have to leave. She gives me her phone number and tells me to call her sometime.

In the end my cousins all had to get on planes and go back home, so I was the only one left - BOOYEAH!!!!! I ended up calling her and we went a few times, before on July 11th, 1986 after having some Dom Perigion at my sister's birthday dinner where we met her boyfriend for the first time (who she married) I called up Karen and asked her to "go steady". She agreed and we've been with each other ever since (getting married in June 1991).

We were young and naive back then so neither of us thought much about how we met until we got older. Now she thinks she was totally stupid for inviting 5 boys to her house and so do I!!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Ron! Very cool story! You did not disappoint us! I, personally, would not follow anybody in New Orleans today...
Old 07-29-2006, 09:15 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, Ron! Very cool story! You did not disappoint us! I, personally, would not follow anybody in New Orleans today...
Yeah, Seattle is as close as I want to be to New Orleans now.

Quick Reply: What's your move after "eye contact" with a babe at a stop light?