Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove my neighbors new Z-06 last night...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006 | 01:20 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Sorry...couldn't resist....
Old 07-11-2006 | 02:22 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by Coochas
Agreed.
Hey, did anyone else watch that 19 inning tear-jerker Sox-Sox game yesterday?
yeah I did!!!
its a shame the redsox's are not german

I don't own a 997 nor would I........but I gotta tell ya the level of f'n arroganze is astounding.........I really love the comments about " I prefer a women who prefers a Porsche"..............amazing...........makes me ashamed to own a Porsche.
Old 07-11-2006 | 03:52 AM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fill
I really love the comments about " I prefer a women who prefers a Porsche"..............amazing...........makes me ashamed to own a Porsche.
Most of the guys who say stuff like that probably couldn't properly change a flat tire to impress all those Porsche-preferring woman anyways. I'm sure the women prefer a guy who can whip out the cell and call AAA.
Old 07-11-2006 | 04:12 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

LOL,
I have heard "wonderful" stories of Porsche road side assitance.................you better have AAA

me......everyrtime I hear how much better Porsche is better than X car.............maybe in yesteryear................and other than the GT3............
Old 07-11-2006 | 05:48 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

There are folks that will buy Vettes and there are folks that will buy Porsches. Both will be prone to put their mouths where their money is. Neither will switch because of the arguements read here. What was this post about again?
Old 07-11-2006 | 07:07 AM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ever wonder about the brain power behind designs such as the F-117 Stealth Fighter, laser-guided smart bombs, and other advanced weaponry? ... Let's see the Germans equal that. (Ahh...uhmm, scratch that. Let's not. Twice was enough.)
Um, the "flying wing" design of the F-117 Stealth was originally conceived by the Horton Brothers, in Germany, during World War II.

The first missiles the United States shot off in the 1950s were largely based off the V1 and V2 rockets.

After World War II ended the allied countries grabbed rockets and rocket parts, shipping them home for study along with the German engineers who had designed them. Everything German was studied and copied from weapons, battle strategies, airplanes...

I think it's safe to say the Germans pioneered a lot of the stuff we take for granted today.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:20 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by pcarfan944
Um, the "flying wing" design of the F-117 Stealth....
Um, you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

This is the F-117:

Old 07-11-2006 | 10:31 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Maybe he got confused with the B-2
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:00 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Fill
I don't own a 997 nor would I........but I gotta tell ya the level of f'n arroganze is astounding.........I really love the comments about " I prefer a women who prefers a Porsche"..............amazing...........makes me ashamed to own a Porsche.
Quite a bit of ignorance was exposed here, that's for sure.

My favorite are the comments about one race or culture being inherently superior to another in engineering. LOL That is so blatantly racist even Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder would blush to hear that.
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:00 AM
bet
Drifting

Well the B-2 does have more "character" than the F-117. We all know the last "real" plan the US built was the B-2. All the others have just got too many creature comforts. Sure they are faster and more technologically advanced but they are not real US planes

Last edited by bet; 07-11-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:07 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

More character than the F117? Are you kidding me? Too many creature comforts? Have you actually flown an F117? Scary as hell ride, hence the name wobbly goblin. The B2 you just program the computer and sit back and wait to arrive at your destination.
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:21 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

My favorite are the comments about one race or culture being inherently superior to another in engineering. LOL That is so blatantly racist even Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder would blush to hear that.
I could not agree more with both of you guys...

And what is even more amazing is that...a lot of people think it is ok...
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:51 AM
bet
Drifting

Originally Posted by LVDell
More character than the F117? Are you kidding me? Too many creature comforts? Have you actually flown an F117? Scary as hell ride, hence the name wobbly goblin. The B2 you just program the computer and sit back and wait to arrive at your destination.
No. Heck, I haven’t even flown a Cessna (actually does an RC plane count?), much less a F117. It was a tongue-n-cheek comment directed/styled at the discussions on Rennlist about Porsche’s latest car versus the previous version of the car.

Sheesh…I make an obvious ridiculous comment about planes and get called out, while others make maybe the most blatant racist comments I have seen on this Board and nothing happens until pages later…I guess in this thread I should stick to …tough crowd.

Riad - thanks for the popcorn icon
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:55 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bet
No. Heck, I haven’t even flown a Cessna (actually does an RC plane count?), much less a F117. It was a tongue-n-cheek comment directed/styled at the discussions on Rennlist about Porsche’s latest car versus the previous version of the car.

Sheesh…I make an obvious ridiculous comment about planes and get called out, while others make maybe the most blatant racist comments I have seen on this Board and nothing happens until pages later…I guess in this thread I should stick to …tough crowd.

Riad - thanks for the popcorn icon
I guess your approach of tongue and cheek didn't come across like that and no it was not obvious comment as you think. You just happned to make a comment about something that didn't come out as you thought, that's all.

Back to our popcorn.......
Old 07-11-2006 | 12:21 PM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

Talk about ignorance.... race and culture are seperate things. It's assenine to believe that certain cultures don't do things better than other cultures, as a whole. That's so blatantly common sense, even Jimmie "The Geek" Johnson could get it.

Quick Reply: Drove my neighbors new Z-06 last night...