Custom stereo to go in tommorow

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black/terra
ever agree with me.

In fact i put out a disclaimer telling those that dont to stay away long enough that some useful information cam be made on this post by people that are currently researching our options.

Still, I get the same posts that I expected.

I welcome the "watch for this and watch for thats", It's the " loud stereo - bling bling", pimpmobile commentary thats totally useless, heard all before and a waste of bandwidth.

I'll probably go look elsewhere for advice and or use my PM. Im getting tired of the so called porschephiles on here, its getting tiresome. I wanted to help those looking into the idea but this aint worth it.

Hey! I certainly did not mean anything negative. That is not me. Just a general comment.

Last edited by ohsixx; 06-07-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tomorrow was Yesterday....

...and today is a day after tomorrow.

What ever happened? How did the install go?

You have a lot of people anxious to know if it went well for you.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:42 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Yeah, definitely don't leave - i cant wait to hear how pimp your car is when you try to accelerate and your volume increases on the fancy NAV system. Or you change the radio station and the hazard lights come on.

But hey... at least you have the red AAP seats and chrome wheels!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcg412
Yeah, definitely don't leave - i cant wait to hear how pimp your car is when you try to accelerate and your volume increases on the fancy NAV system. Or you change the radio station and the hazard lights come on.

But hey... at least you have the red AAP seats and chrome wheels!

Hey reg412... If you are going to hurl insults, you really should pay for the privlidge. Why not become a Rennlist member?

Black/Terra - A friend of mine is an electronics nut and audiophile here in the Bay Area. He built his own media center for his BMW X5 4.8is. Now I'm not an expert on these things but, it was very cool because it had a trunk mounted hard drive (basically a small form factor, high end server) and he developed a custom interface with the dash display. The dash display was upgraded to a touch screen LCD and he had other LCD's installed for the rear passengers. He built his own interface that has movies (over 100), music (1000+) and tons of other stuff. During the process, he worked directly with some BMW engineers in Munich because the system had to communicate through the native BMW network (BUS?).

BMW was impressed enough with his work that they flew an engineer from Germany to work with him for a week on the project. I believe they are collaborating on a similar offering for future vehicles.

Personally, I'm not much into high end audio in the car although the home is a different story. With me it's much more of a "form follows function" approach, i.e. if it makes the car perform better, I'm interested. I do respect your personalization and hope the system is everything you expect and more. I'd love to hear it in person once you get it dialed in. Looks like we'll be having regular Saturday morning gatherings with the Ferrari and Lambo guys at Santana Row. Bring it down when it's ready.

MC
Old 06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
black/terra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2O, whyd you have to go there?

I liked it better being the anonymous bashee.

It was kinda fun that way, now they'll have to think twice.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on da Row...

You'll hear me coming.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:39 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Any progress report or pics yet??
Old 06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Ditto - curious minds want to know. BTW - did you ever get your $1,000 deposit back from the Florida dealer - maybe I missed the end of the saga.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:33 AM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Pics please, after all a pic is worth a thousand words
Old 06-08-2006, 01:32 AM
emmros
Instructor

Out of curiosity, anyone here dealt with Reus systems? I heard it's quite the upgrade from our factory systems.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default I am communicating on this topic only through PM

Sorry
Old 06-08-2006, 06:04 AM
jkb
Racer

It's the " loud stereo - bling bling", pimpmobile commentary thats totally useless, heard all before and a waste of bandwidth.
1) loud stereo doesn't mean "bling bling"

2) i enjoy listening to loud music when i drive. i listen to eminem, pink floyd, vivaldi and all kinds of other music - you get the idea of my music variety. heck, once a year i dont mind a good country song

3) you guys should be thankful that you have an option to upgrade stereo. my '06 750i can't have *anything* done to it except different wheels and tires

so now please let the guy upgrade his stereo. last time i checked, our great president hasn't outlawed loud music in cars yet
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 AM
jkb
Racer

Originally Posted by H20NOO
H
Black/Terra - A friend of mine is an electronics nut and audiophile here in the Bay Area. He built his own media center for his BMW X5 4.8is. Now I'm not an expert on these things but, it was very cool because it had a trunk mounted hard drive (basically a small form factor, high end server) and he developed a custom interface with the dash display. The dash display was upgraded to a touch screen LCD and he had other LCD's installed for the rear passengers. He built his own interface that has movies (over 100), music (1000+) and tons of other stuff. During the process, he worked directly with some BMW engineers in Munich because the system had to communicate through the native BMW network (BUS?).
wow... i would LOVE to see this car in person. does your friend attend any BMW meets?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Queram
Instructor

Sorry

Why use only PM when there are so many waiting for the outcome. I think you should post your outcome proudly whether the outcome is good or bad. I believe this is the purpose of these forums. We should discuss it here

you get us going and taking this to PM now
Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 AM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Yeah, c'mon B/T... don't keep us hanging! Illligitimi Non Carborundum - many of us are waiting to see your pics...

And I _promise_ that I won't bash. Let's see 'em!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:02 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

cant wait to see pics!!

Quick Reply: Custom stereo to go in tommorow