Rejex: I love this stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:00 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejex: I love this stuff!

Gang:

I put two coats of Rejex on the C4S (and the wheels) back in March. At the time, I wasn't exceptionally happy with the shine, but I was pretty excited about the protection level it afforded.

Well, here's a shot taken yesterday evening, after the 4th wash post-application. The car was driven in a rainstorm prior, and was not only filthy, but it was covered in bug splats and road tar.

I washed with Meguiars Gold Class car wash, microfiber mitt, 2-bucket "mitt rinse" method. I didn't have to rub any of the debris, it just comes off. The wheels were magnificently filthy - again, I use a separate wool mitt to wipe them clean.

It seems like the shine has gotten markedly deeper over time. This stuff is pretty fantastic - I will reapply next month. Special thanks to Eric at BumperPlugs for introducing me to Rejex! And: I'm NOT linked to Eric financially, or in any other way... I just appreciate his honesty.

(P.S. - If nothing else, you've got to try it on your wheels...)

-don
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Rejex is some pretty incredible stuff. It is the only thing I use.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:37 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default I just bought some REJEX

tell me how it works...

I havnt gotten it yet
Old 06-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Lookin' good, Don.

Pete - it's really amazing stuff. There's a brochure in the package so you can read more about it. Just take your time cleaning up the 997, strip off any old wax with Dawn liquid in the bucket, and dry the car. Then apply Rejex (it is very forgiving), panel at a time, or two. Let sit 5 mins or so (read the bottle), then buff it out. I follow with quick detailer too. I apply about every 3 months or so to the Porsche, more often if the car sit out a lot. Really improves the speed of washing too, and it should work miracles on those chrome wheels.

Anyone else need it? Get it here ----> BumperPlugs.com

And check the order page for some NEW goodies that have been added recently.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-03-2006, 02:55 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Best thing
Bugs don't stick
and thats the truth!
Old 06-03-2006, 03:27 PM
MMD
Banned

IMO, it significantly reduces bug jerky removal effort. As for shine? I dunno, I'd have to see a somewhat scientific comparison with other products to be convinced.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Washing the finish

You have to try a foam gun for washing off debris! Works well and helps float-off most of the dirt. If you have Rejex or other high-end sealant, a foam gun does help in keeping the dirt from scratching the finish by contact by a mitt.

Deanski
Old 06-03-2006, 06:55 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

Allright, fine! I'll try the stuff. Another wax added to my extended collection of shine-up my car formulas. I can always use it on my wheels if I don't like it. I look forward to trying it. thx
Old 06-03-2006, 07:41 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Allright, fine! I'll try the stuff. Another wax added to my extended collection of shine-up my car formulas. I can always use it on my wheels if I don't like it. I look forward to trying it. thx
Follow directions, it's kind of a PITA because unlike other "wax" products to get best results it has a "cure" time and you have to apply it to a surface completely clean of any wax or other contaminants.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:47 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

It is not a wax, but a sealant!

I think it was originally developed for use in the aviation industry. I put it on thin; makes the car very slick. I also use it on all the glass.

On wheels it seems to reduce the brake dust.

Water really beads up on the paint.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Cogito
Racer

I got mine from Eric (above); I'm pretty lazy and I LOVE Rejex!
Put it on thin like ohsixx says, haze forms, wipe it off, put the car in the garage overnight so it "cures", and you'll be happy.
Very easy product to use, even I can't screw it up.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:27 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I have been useing ReJex on my boatsand cars for a long long time. Rejex works very well.
You can buy it at most Boaters World or West Marine. I've never seen it at any auto shops.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:29 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

OK, if it's a sealant, how well does it protect against hard water spots and bird droppings etching into the paint?

And can you apply it to a car which already has a polymer finish on it? (I don't think Dawn strips that stuff off...)
Old 06-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
OK, if it's a sealant, how well does it protect against hard water spots and bird droppings etching into the paint?

And can you apply it to a car which already has a polymer finish on it? (I don't think Dawn strips that stuff off...)
You are correct, you would need to do an alcohol wipe-down or polish to remove the majority of sealants.

I'm more a Zaino person myself, but Rejex seems to do well. Now all they need is a QD to match. Zaino Z8 QD is one hell of a sealant QD! Once you use it, it's like crack! I'm not sure how well it will work with Rejex, but a quick call to Sal will tell you.

That's one great thing about Zaino, not only is it made by Zaino, but the owner will answer your questions. Most sealants are made by larger chemical company and bottled with the name desired. Some come from the German company Dr. O.K. Wack Chemical in Germany, which mfg some very fine sealants. They also were the ones who developed P21s/S100. They are known for their polymers.

Let's see if the developer and owner of Rejex will answer your questions.

Anyway, if you're happy with the results, stay with it!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Deanski
Let's see if the developer and owner of Rejex will answer your questions. i
They're pretty good outfit. I emailed RejeX with specific questions and got a detailed response the next day.

Quick Reply: Rejex: I love this stuff!