Rejex: I love this stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejex

Originally Posted by MMD
They're pretty good outfit. I emailed RejeX with specific questions and got a detailed response the next day.
Yes, I hear many people are hapy with this product. They respond to questions and have answers to most issues.

All I'm saying is that Rejex is most likely mfg or supplied by Wack or other company. There are MANY sealants that are made by "other" companies and there's nothing wrong with it. Less overhead and sometimes better quality control.

Too many people "jump ship" to the latest and greatest product, then have problems. It's best to stay with a good product. New product samples work well so you can test a small area first and work with that if you have issues rather than the entire car. Even better to test beading/protection gloss to what is on the finish now.

Some sealants look deep and wetter with a coat of caranuba on top. Some sealants topped with wax look worse. It depends on the type of sealant used.

Prior to using any sealant, make sure the finish is as perfect as possible. Some sealants do not "bond" if you use a glaze first as most glaze have oils in them to fill. Once you strip the finish with a dish detergent wash or alcohol wipe, there goes all your glaze and filling of fine marring. A few sealants do have the ability to hide some fine marring, but not as well as a glaze that has oils and clay in them.

Some sealants also have a cleaning ability (Klasse AIO) where most do not.

I use different sealants for different applications on customer cars depending on what they are after.

Now if the rain stopped and the temp came up I could work more on the car myself!

Deanski
Old 06-04-2006, 12:55 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Deanski you are the "dean" of shine...see you on the detailing forums (detailcity and autopia)...always good advice. I am also a Zaino guy...used rejex and just could not take the wait time and did not get the results. So I have a full bottle around...just Zaino'd again today...love it the second, third, etc. time around! Once you Zaino you never go back to anything else.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Deanski you are the "dean" of shine...see you on the detailing forums (detailcity and autopia)...always good advice. I am also a Zaino guy...used rejex and just could not take the wait time and did not get the results. So I have a full bottle around...just Zaino'd again today...love it the second, third, etc. time around! Once you Zaino you never go back to anything else.
Thanks, but more the "DR." as in DR SHINE

Wait till you try the new Z5Pro. Works better than the previous Z5, hides a tad more AND bettr gloss. The new Z8 spray is much better than Z6 for that big gloss you look for. Very addictive and yes expensive, but worth it.

Rejex needs to be put on thin as well, but since it does not have a catalyst like Zaino, it takes time for it to cure.

Deanski
Old 06-04-2006, 11:11 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Rejex is great stuff. Kind of a PITA to apply but worth it.

Do you wash your car inside the garage?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:26 AM
mdonline
Instructor

Originally Posted by Deanski

Some sealants look deep and wetter with a coat of caranuba on top. Some sealants topped with wax look worse. It depends on the type of sealant used.

Deanski
Deanski,

I think you are right on. The dealer put on PERMAPLATE for free. That was the worst blunder I have ever made. Even for free, I would never put that stuff on again. I waxed the car with caranuba wax P21S, and I swear that it looked worse.

What is this Permaplate stuff that they put on? Is it a sealant? How do I get rid of it and get the deep shine back in my car? Does Zaino hurt the paint in anyway?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 06-04-2006, 11:33 AM
WAY
Instructor

Question from an amatuer...
My 997 is black, and it has a lot of swirl marks. Do I just apply Rejex on it or do I remove the swirl first? If I need to remove them, what is the best way of doing this? Thanks.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

One of the head guys at Rejex owns a triple-black Mercedes and his wife has a Porsche. This stuff is amazing, In my experience, bird crap rinses right off, it beads like crazy, and it looks great. Best of all, it is simple and fast to apply. The only problem is you feel guilty becuase it doesn't take all day to apply. I can learn to live with the guilt.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default OK this is what im finding with my black car

Ive owned it two weeks now and I have washed her 6 times, its ridiculous.

Now the issue is pollen. I have a haze of yellow powder all over my car daily. If I rinse her, then I get wet pollen residue beads.

I am lost as to what product I need on a black car so I can rinse with water between washes and still look good in between.

Im starting to really regret the fact I bought black.

Eric is my package in route?

Last edited by black/terra; 06-04-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:21 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black/terra

Now the issue is pollen. I have a haze of yellow powder all over my car daily. If I rinse her, then I get wet pollen residue beads.

I am lost as to what product I need ona black car so I can rince with water between washes and still look good in between.

I have recently owned two black cars. They are so beautiful when clean. Of course, the problem is keeping them that way.

Rejex is really slick stuff. It might help your situation. BTW, I have learned my lesson about black cars.

Last edited by ohsixx; 06-04-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:07 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WAY
My 997 is black, and it has a lot of swirl marks... If I need to remove them, what is the best way of doing this?
3M Swirl Mark Remover for dark colors, applied by hand.

You'll probably have to order it through a pro auto paint supplier.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:22 PM
drbf
Pro

Is it the same application on the paint and the clear bra?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I am lost as to what product I need on a black car so I can rinse with water between washes and still look good in between.

You want to track down a CR Spotless DI water filter system.
I use it for the rise on the black car, and it does wonders toward reducing water spots.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:44 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

My formula is to use the following on the dust/pollen.

1. Let the paint cool (out of the sun)
2. Use a california duster to remove the big stuff
3. Use Z-8 and high quality MAF to polish

I have only washed my car twice this year and it looks fantastic. In fact I was just at the Concours D'Elegance in Denver and I think my car was cleaner than any of the entrants. Black is still the best color.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by WAY
Question from an amatuer...
My 997 is black, and it has a lot of swirl marks. Do I just apply Rejex on it or do I remove the swirl first? If I need to remove them, what is the best way of doing this? Thanks.
You definately want to remove the swirls...the most important thing you can do is preparation!!! Remove the old wax use a clay bar to remove any particulates and use a PC to remove swirls (I am partial to Poorboys SR2.5). Then you can apply sealants and waxes.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:54 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

I have to say I do use Rejex on my wheels and I love the stuff. Brake dust comes off ery easy.

Jay

Quick Reply: Rejex: I love this stuff!