Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

easy way to search new inventory nationally?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy way to search new inventory nationally?

I've been doing the following: using the PCNA site to "find a dealer" and then "visit dealer site" and finally check "new vehicle" inventory. Is there an easy way, short of having the dealer conduct a search on the PCNA intranet, to do a national search from the comfort of my home? For example, if I want a 997S, in a certain color, with specific options?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

go to porscheusa.com and then search.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Using Porscheusa.com I don't believe a nationwide search of New inventory is possible; only Pre-owned allows the type of search you want.
A few dozen Porsche dealers seem to use Cars.com and Autotrader.com ;
Just fill in the blanks (cars.com search link below generates list of New and Used)-- search by color is possible, but unfortunately you can't filter down criteria to specific wheels/full leather, etc.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/advanced_search.jsp;jsessionid=Q3Q5E4SN1GDVBLAZGQME2UY?tracktype=usedcc& aff=national

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/powers...&address=90210
Old 05-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
go to porscheusa.com and then search.
PCNA is porscheusa.com. Actually, I was looking for a way to search all dealers simultaneously (similar to the capabilities that the dealers have on their intranet). Your suggestion needs to be done dealer by dealer by dealer…
Old 05-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 281 Posts

No, you can only search that way for used cars...they want you to go into a dealer to search nationally for a car. My guess is it is to make it harder to compare dealers on new car prices.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
My guess is it is to make it harder to compare dealers on new car prices.
I think that's a very good guess.
When I was "searching" for my 997S last summer, I found the "dealer inventory" listed on
the Southwest Regional Dealers' websites to be woefully out-of-date to the point of being
almost useless.
Some dealers are much better about internet technology than others.
Most aren't into it at all.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

When I was looking for my C4S, I built a comprehensive list of every US C4S launch car (PAG code 762) on the ground (back in January) by using "www.porschedealer.com".

It's tedious, but you can see everything that all (almost - I think that there are 3 dealers without direct links on that page) US dealers have; either in inventory or inbound.

I spend about two hours hitting every dealer website and found my true love in Topeka, KS. <g>

If you make friends with a dealer, they can search the entire country for you on the internal system.

Good luck!

-don
Old 05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Rick -

I created bookmarks to the 911 inventory on individual dealer websites. Using Mozilla FireFox browser, you can load all bookmarks in a folder with the "open in tabs" option. The pages will load in separate tabs allowing you to view each dealers inventory. This technique made it much easier to keep up on dealer inventory.

I can send my bookmark file, which can be imported into your browser. PM me and I'll email you the file. Cheers, Ron.
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Moogle
Race Car

heres a trick i used back in the day.

plug this into google:
Code:
[VEHICLE YOUR LOOKING FOR] site:porschedealer.com
Old 05-13-2006, 10:46 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Tom, hot idea. Leverage the Googleplex!
Old 05-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Rick in Colorado
PCNA is porscheusa.com. Actually, I was looking for a way to search all dealers simultaneously (similar to the capabilities that the dealers have on their intranet). Your suggestion needs to be done dealer by dealer by dealer…
sorry I stand corrected, USED cars is nationwide...
Old 05-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Moogle
Race Car

i discovered that trick back in 2002 when i was looking for boxster with a long list of specific options and didn't want to order one.

use for the format the porsche dealer websites use such as "2005 Carrera" etc. and you can also write options into the rest of the search, google is very good at this.

however, it depends on the dealer having listed all their cars properly on the website (which is often the case)

occasionally there ARE some unaccounted for specimens, which may be what one is looking for.

get on the phone and call some places, you may be in for some pleasant surprises
Old 05-14-2006, 10:43 AM
JHD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zumaron
Hello Rick -

I created bookmarks to the 911 inventory on individual dealer websites. Using Mozilla FireFox browser, you can load all bookmarks in a folder with the "open in tabs" option. The pages will load in separate tabs allowing you to view each dealers inventory. This technique made it much easier to keep up on dealer inventory.
Ron.
I did the same thing with MS Explorer - drilled down to inventory list of 911's - saved links in favorites. Could not find any other way to look for a particular new car nationally. Also used:
http://www.autobase.com/
Old 05-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Legalkix
Instructor

I don't know about other dealers but I can vouch specifically for mine. About a week after my car was onvesl, I saw it pop up on my dealer's site as an "inventory" car...even though I'd put down a deposit, the vehicle was spec'd just for me and I'd already sold them my trade and they had the money on hold....What you're seeing may include vehicles that are already spoken for...
Old 05-14-2006, 11:51 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just go to your dealer and do a search on eDCS.
You can search by color and options and see whats nearby or in the country.
Stop fooling around!

Quick Reply: easy way to search new inventory nationally?