Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which industry/profession provides you with a living? (choose closest, primary match)
Artistic / Creative / Performance
2.11%
Construction
2.53%
Engineering / Manufacturing
5.49%
Executive / Management / Consulting
12.24%
Financial Services / Trader / Insurance
10.13%
IT / Computers / Technology
11.81%
Legal
10.13%
Medical / Dental / Veterinary
16.88%
Political / Government / Military
2.11%
Real Estate
4.64%
Retail / Food Services
2.53%
Sales / Marketing
2.53%
Teacher / Professor / Education (nonstudent)
0.84%
Travel / Hospitality / Transportation
0.42%
Other Services (please post)
0.84%
Retired
5.49%
Student
0.84%
Self-employed, but not in above areas (please post)
3.80%
Other profession (please post)
1.69%
No profession
0.84%
Stupid poll / I don't know
2.11%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

What do 997ies do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:58 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icon
well then as far as importance i would have to consider your postion far more important than my own.
small time business investor

No problem, Jeff. I admire anybody who does their job well.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:01 AM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chief Information Officer
Old 03-15-2006, 12:30 AM
drqiman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been watching this forum for a while and intended to join as soon as I got confirmation of my 997 GT3 order. On the other hand, after seeing and experiencing the lack of maturity of some in this forum, I am having second thoughts. Why should I pay for this?

It has indeed been amazing to see such negativity, hasty generalizations, attemps at character assasination and plain malicious twisting of facts directed against me for the personal gratification of some in this forum. What has been more amazing is the apparent lack of critical thinking and reading and comprehension skills demonstrated by some that apparently posses post-graduate education. It is obvious that what I said has been misunderstood and taken out of context.

To set the record straight about what I have said and do, you can reference my previous posts on: 3-11 at 5:46pm, 3-12 at 10:59pm, 10-13 at 8:18am and 10-14 at 12:33am.

To summarize and clarify: I am a physician currently in private practice and licensed to practice in the USA with ample training in what I do. I obtained my degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.

I have been granted two specialty board certifications. I regularly and legally prescribe drugs, including controlled substances, and regularly and legally perform on patients the techniques I said I do.

After more than 10 years of practice I have never had a patient experience a serious adverse reaction. In additon, I have never been sued for malpractice nor have I had any malpractice or unethical behaviour charges brought against me by my licensing board.

My patients are very happy and satisfied with what I do but this is not the only criteria used to gauge medical outcomes. Appropriate diagnostic testing, exams and interviews are part of my routine assesment of patient progress. Everything is documented.

I openly practice in a very small town and I write a colummn for the paper every week. I have never lost my medical license, been in jail or out on the lamb. There are thousands of other highly qualified physicians thruought the USA that also legally and regularly do some of the things I do. From what I hear in my conversations with some of them, they are also helping a lot of patients.

A well known organization of physicians that oftentimes offer "chelation" to their patients is the American College for The Advancement of Medicine. You can view their website at www.acam.org. The American Academy of Pain Management supports acupuncture, prolotherapy and manual therapy. You can view their website at www.aapainmanage.org.

Kevin Trudeau is not my teacher and I haven't read his book. My patients are not suckers but usually very intelligent individuals with a lot of common sense and ability to see any doctor they want. They usually have seen other health care professionals before choosing me as their physician.

I never made any claims about "synergistic medicine" being a degree offered in any school. I clearly stated that it is a term that I made up to best describe my medical philosophy and what I do in my practice.

I never made any claims about my abilities. I only described what I believe is a worthy aspiration for me. I shared those ideals with the group. The analogy to a mechanic was an attempt to better explain my ideas in terms that non-medical members could understand and relate to.

If I could find a mechanic like the imaginary one I described I would put him on retainer for life.

I did not previously intend nor do I now hope to offend, challenge or trigger anyone in this group. I look forward to learning more about what other members do for a living, including those that do not fit the traditional categories.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drqiman
Why should I pay for this?
it's pretty cheap and we usually post about porsches instead of our occupations!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Well then, what Med school did you attend. You still have not stated what your training is in.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

To set the record straight
As the person who started this thread, I wish we could move on. This really is completely irrelevant, pure OT stuff and usually the 997 forum is free of this 'hostile discussion' crap. So if it does not stop, I will have to hire one of our 10 percent lawyers to claim damages due to emotional distress.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:04 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

There is a high probability that nobody actually cares! There is a similarly high probability that we all have one thing in common...a love for Porsche cars.

Oh...I'm an analytical statistician (as opposed to an enumerative statistician).
Old 03-15-2006, 01:39 AM
USCHANDPOD
Racer

To summarize and clarify: I am a physician currently in private practice and licensed to practice in the USA with ample training in what I do. I obtained my degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
With all due respect you are not helping yourself with statements like the one I quoted above.

For instance I could say I am a highly trained professional with the ability to control and direct osteosynthesis in a post-traumatic setting. I frequently find myself in the proximal carpal row attempting to realign what my patients have destroyed. Sometime I am called upon to excise cells that have undergone both initiation and promotion into benign encapsulated tumors of the nerve sheath....

or ..... I could say I am an M.D. boarded in both orthopaedic surgery and hand/wrist/elbow surgery.

The way you have described it one would think you are trying to make people guess all sorts of things. I for one would like to know where you are because I do believe that the practice you perform does have a purpose in the world of health care. I have personally seen major successes in problems that I knew did not neatly fit any diagnoses that I can cure. Acupuncture/hypnotherapy and other modalities can prove to be great adjuncts to more typical western medical treatments. Not everyone believes in everything and that is what makes life so interesting.

Just imagine if we all agreed that Porsche was the finest automobile. Oh yeah we do!!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:01 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Good point ortho. Well articulated. Had Dr Snynergy just come to the point I don't think there would have been the kind of reaction there has been.

I mean all the gerenalist statemetns get alot of people thinking. So, if he had just come out and said that he is a chiropractor practicing voodoo medicine most would have given the "rockon" emoticon. Instead he tried to be somebody he is not or rather have us believe through guessing.

I am sure the reason most of us jumped or rather piled on is we realize the sacrifice it takes to get where we are today (myself as stats professor that spent 3 years in a masters degree and 4 years in a Ph.D to get where I am and my wife 4 years in med school and 4 year in residency).

I say we just let Dr. Quack be who he is and move on........

.....and now back to our regular scheduled programming.

BTW, I am a stats professor and my wife a medical doctor that LOVE OUR PORSCHES!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:07 AM
drqiman
Rennlist Member

[I]Let's try another little community-building thread. If you own or have ordered or are close to ordering a 997, let us know what you are doing for a living. My apologies if I have skipped an industry/profession.

The question wasn't where I went to school or what degree I have or how many years I went to school. I answered the question that was posed in a light hearted way never imagining that it would generate the comments it has including the last post.

Nobody else that has posted has been asked to produce a diploma or tell us what school they went to or has been challenged the way I have been. I could have said: Physician, private practice. I am certain that this response would not have generated this kind of negative energy. Since I know what I do is not common, I chose to explain it in the spirit of "community building".

What happened after that is history. Some took it a face value and others were triggered for their own personal reasons and proceeded to attack me with gusto. It is obvious that those that were triggered will continue to be triggered no matter what I say, those that took it a face value will still feel the same way and those that don't care will wonder when will al this end.

From my side the issue is resolved. Se acabo...
Old 03-15-2006, 07:47 AM
tbill
Racer

fessing up. No diploma, no letters after my name. No history of multiple marriages. However, this good ole US of A has allowed me a income to have a roof over my head and purchase the vehicles below. Thankfully I was born/raisied in the USA and not China, Haiti or elsewhere!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
like you said ben, most of my comments were made in jest.
but this is an open forum where people should be able to state their opinions.
but when someone states that they are to humans as alois ruf is to cars and has no medical degree i dont feel like i can remain silent.
in fact YOU were the first one to make a comment about it after AS questioned for the definition, and then again after he replied.
i have seen you come down on posters more than anyone! (including mods)
if you would like to report me to the admins or mods that is your prerogative.
but you do not have the right to censure anyone on the forum simply by being a member.
there was also a couple others involved in the "southward turn" as you put it, that you didnt even mention.
i'm all for camaraderie and getting along with others. but this board should be fun as well and not taken so seriously.
ben you need to let the admin and mods do their job.
i think this forum is run pretty well and unless they ask for you to moderate why not leave it to them.
personally i like you and find you very entertaining until you take the role of moderator.
You raise some valid points there, Jeff. But I will address the most important one, since it is really getting at the crux of the matter.

First of all, it can be assumed that we are all mature adults here, allowing for a few exceptions of course. And as such we have no excuse for standing idly by, passively, waiting until a moderator, who may never show up, intercedes and breaks up a discussion heading down the wrong track, especially when it has deteriorated to veiled (and sometimes not so veiled) attacks on one's person, or livelihood as in our particular case here. The moderators can't be everywhere all the time. And so it is incumbent upon us as members of this internet community to engage in community involvement and intercede on behalf of our fellow members for the common good before a situation gets out of hand and results in a deterioration of the harmony we have come to enjoy and look forward to each day.

Ideally, we wouldn't need moderators. Ideally, we would all be as moderators.

There have been times when I have been out of line with my comments and others have found it necessary to step in and rebuke me. But not once did I ever challenge their right to do so. I immediately saw the error of my ways and apologized publicly, and actually appreciated that someone had called me out on that.

The one good thing about threads here is that they are recorded transcripts of the things that were said and of the order in which they were said, in case any of us wishes to go to the tape.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default A Baby Bechs?

Originally Posted by Coochas
Could they make me a smaller Bechstein for my cats? Their paws barely make two keys on mine.
No problem! would the cats be prepared to offer a couple of their cast off whiskers to use for some of the higher notes? I would make tuning purrfectly easy for any cat that wants to play.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default The trickyness of holes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Is that off your company's website/billboard, etc.? Or is that your own creation? In either case, it's brilliant!
It's my own creation. I would be immodest if I let slip that my company moved one of the biggest holes in history into Boston Harbor - but I don't think anyone would believe me.

We are also now working one of the Space consortiums and are developing ways of moving black holes (a little trickier to handle as space trucks fall into them rather than the black hole falling off them) around the universe to wherever they are needed. We're very concerned that they are correctly classified, as some lobbyists want them classified as weapons of mass destruction.

You can see why my work seems a little odd...
Old 03-15-2006, 03:00 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
We are also now working one of the Space consortiums and are developing ways of moving black holes (a little trickier to handle as space trucks fall into them rather than the black hole falling off them) around the universe to wherever they are needed. We're very concerned that they are correctly classified, as some lobbyists want them classified as weapons of mass destruction.
Very clever there, Chef. ... I can see you might possibly land a gig as a comedy writer if your hole business falls through. ... Very interesting this hole business (not to be confused with holism, right?)

It would be interesting to know if you've already put together a catalog of holes. I'm sure the entries there would be quite amusing.

Quick Reply: What do 997ies do for a living?