Sponsored by:

Its on the boat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its on the boat!!!

Its been a long wait (30+ years)...but its on the Atlantic...

06 C2S Cab
Seal Grey
Black leather
Black top
Bose
Nav
Power Seats
Multi Function Steering
Sport Wheels

Assuming no (1)hurricanes, (2)airplane crashes (i.e. Long Beach container terminal this week), (3) Earthquakes, (4) Fires, (5) Terrorist attacks or (6) boat sinking....should be in by late Feb/early March! Cannot wait!!

Can someone point me toward a source for the illuminated aluminum door sills...those look pretty awesome.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:15 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suncoast motor sports.com

I think has them.

Congratulations, freekin thing exists and is on it's way: and all you can do now is wait some more... ; ohwell..., it's better than having just completed the order.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Congrats on your ONVESL status and welcome to Rennlist. If you haven't figured it out yet, this is THE place to learn all you need to know,...it's like that popular maternity book "What to Expect when You're Expecting."
Old 02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Due to dock 2/28/06...Thinking about a trip to to the San Diego Docks...takes another week to move 200 miles!!! ARRRRRRGGGGHHH
Old 02-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Congratulations!! (Be glad it's ON the Atlantic and not at the BOTTOM of the Atlantic!)

Definitely do the trip to the docks (and then pass on to us where the right dock is!)

I get mine in May and then have to wait until late July or August to see it again!

Dan

(Factory delivery)
Old 02-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Go to http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ If you have a scheduled date of arrival from the dealer, this list tells you the name of the boat and the berth (e.g. my car is arriving on the Solar Wing at dock 24-10 at 5:00 p.m. TODAY!!!!). Business interfered and I couldn't get down to welcome it...Cest la vie.
Js
03 F-150
03 Ranger
04 Goldwing
05 RSX
3 horses (one hp each)

06 997 C2S Cab
Seal Grey/Black/Black
Pwr Seats
SD Mirrors
Bose
Nav
Sport Wheels/crest
mats
Multi-Function Steering/leather
Old 03-01-2006, 02:25 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats Legalkix! ... And what in the world happened to your poor little Chihuahua there, did he have one too many jalepenos? ... The poor guy looks fried!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
rechang
Intermediate

Legalkix,
My car is on the same boat. My dealer emailed me yesterday confirming the boat was docking yesterday. I'm in San Diego. I wonder how long until I can take delivery? Did your dealer tell you 7 days to delivery?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Boat docked at 8:00 p.m. Assuming offload today because its scheduled to depart this evening. I was told 7-10 days from offload for delivery. I believe the majority of that time is inspection, customs etc....it only takes a day to truck it up to the SFV from San Diego. I have an email in to my dealer to see if he can do anything to move this along...I'm reallly ready for this.
:-)
Old 03-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Originally Posted by OCBen
Congrats Legalkix! ... And what in the world happened to your poor little Chihuahua there, did he have one too many jalepenos? ... The poor guy looks fried!

He's not a chihuahua. this creature is a baby Aye Aye. His name is Kintana and he was the first of his species (a type of lemur) to be born in captivity. He looks pretty much like I feel waiting for this bloody car to arrive so I thought it fitting. He'll get a facelift when the p-car arrives!
Old 03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

My car came off the boat Sunday in S.D.The trucking co. will give your dealer 48 hour notice when your car will be heading to the dealership.I'm guessing I will take delivery sometime later next week.I did go down to Long Beach and go aboard the ship while they were discharging Mercedes,and located my car.Took a bunch of pictures...kinda fun...Before you ask...YES I do have connections...If I knew how to post pictures on this thing I would put them out...I was told that it is not to difficult...but I'm a computer dummmmy......Dane
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Wow...pretty cool. I've been living off the occasional scrap (VIN #, status codes etc.) doled out sparingly by my dealer! Can't wait to actually see/touch/drive MINE! Just got a call that I might actually get it this weekend....waiting for the phone tag...

joe
Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

WELLLLLL...that would be VERY cool.....BUT don't get your hopes to high about having it this
weekend..clearing customs will probably be a 2 or 3 day wait..I DO hope I'm wrong,the Porsche people will also inspect it..put in the books,and floor mats(if ordered)..then the trucking co. will give your dealer notice that it will ship within 48 hours...AT least this is the info that was given me...Dane
Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

Dunno...just got off the phone with the dealer. He says that the car is already PDI and DLRINV and he claims that he is expecting to have it on his lot tonight or tomorrow for dealer prep. He advises there is a very good chance that it will be ready for me this weekend. Since this is the same guy who told me 7-10 off the boat...he doesn't seem like the kind to be overly optimistic. Good luck on yours too. Could be a veeerrrrry nice weekend!
joe

Quick Reply: Its on the boat!!!