Sponsored by:

What Does Your Username Signify?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 03:09 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nitmr26
The first AV-8B that had my name painted below the canopy rail was aircraft 26 from VMA-513 or "Nightmare Two Six".

Semper Fi,
nitmr26
I have to fall in behind Johnny N--many, many thanks for your service to our country!

('Nam era vet myself)
Old 02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
rotthaus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotthaus comes from Rottweiler house auf Deutsch and shortened. We started using it when we had his and hers Rottweilers and had to come up with an eight-letter email address we could both live with.

Greg
2005 Carrera S Coupe, Lapis Blue Metallic, Carrera Classic Wheels, PCCB, Bose, Sport Shifter, Sport Seats
Rennlist member #050419-5832
Old 02-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Le Chef" is both a corruption of my last name, and also kind of fits because many thousands of years ago I worked in the hotel business. It was originally given to me as a nickname by a Dutch colleague when I worked in Milan. It stuck and people around my company's network would ask if "Le Chef" could offer a pov, etc. It became the natural choice for online forums etc.

My only wish is that I could get it as a vanity plate but here in IL everyone seems to want that one!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:32 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

tarpon1...points to the activity i truly enjoy when i don't have to drive a desk. now if i could only breakaway full time. fish for tarpon in islamorada and been to alaska the past five years for salmon and monster rainbows.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:32 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uzj100
('Nam era vet myself)
I try to thank every 'Nam vet I meet... THANKS uzj100!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
In following the rules, I'm calling on Coochas! I was really curious about the name, but his website does not reveal the origin. To me it sounds like the noise that Germans make when they sneeze... "coooooooo CHAS!"
Coochas: if you have to ask, then you don't know.
In all seriousness, it is the ancient language of cats known in today's world only by cats and myself and in more recent history, my wife (who did not realize she was in fact a cat until I met her).
So now you know.
Try saying it to your cat,...i.e. coochas, coochas, coochas.
Does this help?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coochas
it is the ancient language of cats
Thanks! I should have asked my kitties (I have three of them, too).
Old 02-05-2006, 04:57 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

this is why

I uses to live breath sleep mustangs....I had a little collection going , but then i got smart and found this little car company called Porsche, Cant wait to have a fair sized stable of p-cars, I like what i have so far.
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Thanks! I should have asked my kitties (I have three of them, too).
Try it! Say coochas (pronounced koo-chaas) a few times and see what they say back. The ability to speak coochas is encoded in the DNA of all cats,...it's just that it usually lays dormant.
My p-car has a nice feline quality to it but does not speak coochas - likely because of the whole inaminate thing.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCBen
Today being my 1st anniversary of joining this forum...
BTW, happy anniversary Ben! I just checked my registration date and it was 2/27/05 - I remember when we were both new here.
In all seriousness (which is hard for me), you are an invaluable member and it's been a pleasure getting to know you.
Here's to another year,....and our eventual regular posts in the CGT forum!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:28 PM
nitmr26
Intermediate

I have to fall in behind Johnny N--many, many thanks for your service to our country!
You are most welcome. Proud to serve.

('Nam era vet myself)
Many thanks to you.

Originally Posted by kilrgt
I used to live breath sleep mustangs....
There's no shame in being a fan of Mustangs. I've still have the Mustang Cobra I bought ten years ago when I was a 1stLt. When I had my 986, my Mustang provided a different and complimentary driving experience.

nitmr26
Old 02-06-2006, 12:10 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Joe, not so fast. Did you think you could just post here without explaing your "uzj100" username?..
In all seriousness, it is the ancient language of cats known in today's world only by cats and myself and in more recent history, my wife (who did not realize she was in fact a cat until I met her).
Dave, something tells me there's more to the story than you're letting on.

Btw, thanks for the well wishes. I hope we can continue to build on the friendship indeed.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Ben,

Nice idea for another thread to build a stronger sense of ""997 community." Having a thread that goes beyond car washing techniques or pictures of recent modifications is a welcome addition to the forum imho. And, thanks for appreciating my statistical humor. Since we are getting more friendly, my name is Geoffrey--no need to call me Statman anymore (unless you want more formulas).
Old 02-06-2006, 12:48 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
thanks for appreciating my statistical humor. Since we are getting more friendly, my name is Geoffrey--no need to call me Statman anymore (unless you want more formulas).
Geoffrey, I must say that it is VERY hard to find anyone that sees humor in sadistics....I mean statistics

There is nothing more priceless then the look on x number of students faces on day one when I walk in. You would think it was the end of the world by the look in their eyes when they realize that, no, they aren't dreaming, and yes, they will listen to my lectures for the next 16 weeks about this "stuff" that they claim they will never use in the "real" world. Sad, how mistaken they really are.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Try saying it to your cat,...i.e. coochas, coochas, coochas. Does this help?
I think my German accent is preventing me from retrieving that part of their genetic memory. No response other than them looking at me and saying "yeah, whatever."

Quick Reply: What Does Your Username Signify?