Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 10:09 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BREAKING NEWS....

MOST sat radio for the 997 may now be officially available for the 997. Reports are sketchy, but several internet posters on other Boards report the immediate availability of sat radio as an option on new 997 orders and dealer availability for after-delivery dealer installs.

It is also noted that 1080iAddict already paid $900 for the Cayenne product and is awaiting delivery, so in all likelihood he just got screwed.

Thanks to 996toomey for the heads up. I called my parts guy and he is looking into it, and I will post tonight (he will call me after lunch, but I will be away from keyboard until tonight). If this is true, hopefully my parts guy will simply order the part and not charge me for what I already ordered.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
BREAKING NEWS....

MOST sat radio for the 997 may now be officially available for the 997. Reports are sketchy, but several internet posters on other Boards report the immediate availability of sat radio as an option on new 997 orders and dealer availability for after-delivery dealer installs.

It is also noted that 1080iAddict already paid $900 for the Cayenne product and is awaiting delivery, so in all likelihood he just got screwed.

Thanks to 996toomey for the heads up. I called my parts guy and he is looking into it, and I will post tonight (he will call me after lunch, but I will be away from keyboard until tonight). If this is true, hopefully my parts guy will simply order the part and not charge me for what I already ordered.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update Adam. Irregardless, you da' man - thanks for doing all this sat stuff for us. Maybe I'll consider it as a 'mod' - are there alot of classical stations???
Old 02-07-2006, 11:28 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

It's great - classical, blues, sports, news,etc. you can go to xmradio.com or sirius.com for the line ups.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As of this AM I can find NO official info dispursed from PCNA.
If his changes I'll let you know.

Be cautioned:
The internet sometimes has a life of it's own and mis-information can spread round the world like wildfire...

Old 02-07-2006, 11:51 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

I hear you MJones.... Could not agree more.

For what it is worth.... here are the two threads.....

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...gonew=1#UNREAD

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#190672

Looks like two different guys confirm. It looks like its a very recent fax or e-mail bulletin.

-adam
Old 02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

I am still tracking this down. The Porsche Exchange in Chicago - - referenced in the threads above - - tells me they are using Cayenne parts for the retrofit (which is great as another confirmation on my theory and my own retrofit plan) but they have no new part number for a 997. They also say sat radio is not available for new orders which contradicts what the other poster said. This may be so new it has not circulated to everyone yet.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:15 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
I am still tracking this down. The Porsche Exchange in Chicago - - referenced in the threads above - - tells me they are using Cayenne parts for the retrofit (which is great as another confirmation on my theory and my own retrofit plan) but they have no new part number for a 997. They also say sat radio is not available for new orders which contradicts what the other poster said. This may be so new it has not circulated to everyone yet.
According to the latest Vehicle Distribution Bulletin, Dated: February 7, 2006
there is no mention of Sat Radio Availability
Old 02-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 Sat/NAV Antenna?

As far as I've heard, the vendor has yet to make a antenna for the 997 to fit those with NAV AND Satellite. No idea if the threads on RENNTEAM are valid or if it's just wishing by the dealer and having to retro fit upon arrival.

If this DOES become reality, can someone who's a Moderator post a sticky? PLEASE!

I was at the dealer today and still they are unaware of the satellite option. However, one person posted this on the other forum:
Dealer is Stevinson in Colorado. They literally had a fax page with the new code for the option so it is very new.

Keeping my ears and eyes open! Good luck all!

Regards,
Deanski

Last edited by Deanski; 02-07-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Mjones may be right - that may be a rumor after all. I am following that other thread on Rennteam very closely. I feel like an FBI agent tracking leads!!!

My parts guy called PAG directly and is awaiting a return call. Will advise further as the situation warrants!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Sat on PCM

I'm sure after the post on the previous thread stating Porsche official stand on satellite on PCM we are only trying to accomplish what they may have in the works. It may be time before they have it ready, but who knows until then?

As much as I want it on my C2S on order, I do not want poor satellite coverage or make the NAV system act strange by having a dealer or other vendor attempt the install.

1080i: As long as you also have a backout plan I'd give it a shot. Maybe you should test or calibrate the NAV before and after to see if it was impacted by the switch. Also how well the satellite signal coverage is now as opposed to an external antenna.

This all may be smoke being blown up our pipe, but it sure would be nice if it came to fruition so quickly, but I doubt it. I mean a reply on 02/03/06 and then a "fax" to a dealer of the retrofit for 997?

Maybe more people that wrote to Porsche Germany may have more of an impact. It can't hurt!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-07-2006, 11:57 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

I just had installed Monday in my 05 997 cab the Cayenne satellite radio parts . The PCM display is working like I hoped and all the channels are appearing. The built in tel also works well. I am however having trouble with the antenna. The signal is not being picked up very easily. I am doing further tests and might look at a outside antenna to see if that improves my reception. Also the nav system is temporarly down awaiting a three way fibre optic cable. I hope that it will all work out. So far it is promising..I will report back as I work through the small Glitches............... wish me luck
Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lockie
I just had installed Monday in my 05 997 cab the Cayenne satellite radio parts . The PCM display is working like I hoped and all the channels are appearing. The built in tel also works well. I am however having trouble with the antenna. The signal is not being picked up very easily. I am doing further tests and might look at a outside antenna to see if that improves my reception. Also the nav system is temporarly down awaiting a three way fibre optic cable. I hope that it will all work out. So far it is promising..I will report back as I work through the small Glitches............... wish me luck
Glad to see someone has taken the plunge!

Did they place the antenna under the front wiper covers? Did you try an outboard receiver and external antenna in the same parked spot? Or is it happening while driving only?

Keep us informed as to parts, labor time and issues such as the above and any resolutions or backout plan.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-08-2006, 12:11 AM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

They installed the antenna under the front wiper covers. Tomorrow I am going to a stereo speciality shop and they are going to play with an external antenna to see if that increases the reception. My last porsche had a aftermarket alpine with a external antenna and it worked fine. As you know it wasn't possible on the 997. The original install was at the dealer and they have been great to try new things. I got the part list from this thread and that also helped them. Interesting enough the parts came with no installation instructions or manual. I really wanted this sat radio and I hope it is all going to work out. I was quite encouraged to see the PCM working the way it does for regular FM.
Now if I can only get the signal strength. I will report back tomorrow night when I pick up my car.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Swap Results

Good luck!

I hope this will work well for you!

Keep up the great reporting on this!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

tsk :P

Quick Reply: I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!