Sponsored by:

Fountain Blue anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 PM
MBW_UK
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Blue anybody?

My order is in for a March build C4S and after a few iterations the spec is as follows:

U2 GT Silver Metallic
AT Leather interior in Black
405 19 inch CarreraClassic wheel
482 Tyre Presure Monitoring system
446 Wheel centre set
635 ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
P12 Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
431 Three-spoke multi-function steering wheel in smooth leather
670 Navigation module for PCM
666 Telephone module
680 BOSE Surround Sound System
692 CDC-4 six disc CD autochanger
P01 Adaptive sports seats
342 Heated seats

Just one last nagging doubt/ question remains on the colour.
I'm sold on GT over Artic, looked at seal / slate too but the cars in the brouchure drew me back to the Silver, but has anybody seen a Fountain Blue in the flesh though, or any pics apart from the ones on the Porsche Exclusive pages?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Porky
Instructor

Fountain blue - I am intrigued! I didn't even know it existed.....would be great to see a pic....
Old 01-26-2006, 07:08 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Fountain Blue never heard of it on a Porsche.

There is a hotel in Miami Beach called the Fountain Blue
Old 01-26-2006, 08:00 PM
MBW_UK
Track Day

I'm fairly sure the colour features on the cover and extensively in the '911 Carrera' brouchue (UK version at least).

Here's a link to the web page

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessorie...arrera-s-blue/

Maybe it's new/ just a special, but certainly looks good in print.
I couldn't chance it though without seeing it.
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 703 Likes on 390 Posts

What do I know, but MBW... you made the right choice... GT Silver is the one.

Rob
Old 01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MBW_UK
I'm fairly sure the colour features on the cover and extensively in the '911 Carrera' brouchue (UK version at least).

Here's a link to the web page

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessorie...arrera-s-blue/

Maybe it's new/ just a special, but certainly looks good in print.
I couldn't chance it though without seeing it.
Nice spec, GT silver is a stunning paint for the 997, under lights looks like cast aluminum.

I also think you may be onto something there MBW with regard to Fountain Blue. When I read your initial post I thought maybe your dealer had gone Pinnochio on us, but
there it is in official Porsche script.

Granted, it's the Exclusive page of the site but it's the first time I've seen depicted a specific, named color used on current model in production that doesn't appear on standard/special metallic color palette.

Looks to be somewhere right alongside Polar Silver metallic on the color wheel. I would wager a couple pints of Strongbow that it'll appear as 997Turbo color or at least '07 special met color option .

Last edited by stan523; 01-26-2006 at 09:23 PM. Reason: pic
Old 01-26-2006, 08:55 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

I kind of like that color (or colour for you UK folks but I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

I notice this color is not on either the UK or US car configurators. Is the website typically late in updating? I'm going to call a local dealorship and try to find out more!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Too funny...

Originally Posted by MHC2S
Fountain Blue never heard of it on a Porsche.

There is a hotel in Miami Beach called the Fountain Blue
That is too funny... when I saw the title of the thread I thought the same thing!!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

it' looks like azurro california, but mixed in with more silver....
Old 01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

It's probably a paint to sample that might make it to production soon.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:25 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JSMDMD
That is too funny... when I saw the title of the thread I thought the same thing!!
LOL hey we think alike!! Scary
Old 02-06-2006, 03:21 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

I just wanted to bump this thread up again, hope thats ok. I was curious if anyone has heard anymore information about this color? I have been agonizing over color for quite some time and so far this Fountain Blue has really cought my eye.

I also sent an email to a lady at Porsche from this link:
http://www.porsche.com/international...lusive/contact to ask for more information.

I will post back on this thread if/when I receive a reply. I'll also call some of my local dealers and see if they have heard of anything.

-Kurt
Old 02-11-2006, 08:12 PM
MBW_UK
Track Day

One last installment of my quest to find my perfect colour.

I spent this morning and Porsche UK HQ having a walk around their cars to take a look at the colour options.
Sorry no pics, but seeing so many cars all together(they have about 500 of them there in total) gave me a good chance to compare the colours.

So here's my take on the colours I was most interested in (greys and silvers), just my opinion so don't take offence!

Atlas

Saw a few in the workshop, under neutral but bright light. Great colour, a slight blue tinge in brighter light which makes you do a double-take to check the car out again. The guy showing us around reakoned it shows off the car best, because it's understated so you end up looking at the car more than being distracted by the paint.

Slate

The guy showing me around's favourite colour. Darker than seal with green-ish tinge, but more complex than I can describe. I reakon it would be awesome for you guys with all the sun, back here in Blighty the weathers not so great (give it 15 years more on global warming!) so it might end up looking a bit flat.

Seal

Lighter than slate, without the green tinge but more metallic. In brighter light it actually looks more silver than grey. Nicely understated when it's out of the light.

Arctic

The colour they had most of, probably because it does show off the shape of the car so well, even on on a gloomy day like today! The flip side of that, and the downside IMO, is that it is quite light under bright light.

GT

A shade darker than Arctic, in fact bang in the middle of Arctic and Seal. Loses the brighness of Artic, but still shows off the curves of the car. When you see the two together (Arctic and GT) you can see the difference, once the car is out and about, maybe not showroom clean, and not in direct light it might be more difficult.
It is worth the extra cost?
Well I've stuck with it for my order, so in my book yes. Joe public might not be able to stop Gt v Arctic but I know, so I'll be happy.

Also asked about 'Fountain Blue', they had never heard of it. The guy thought the car on the brouchure was Polar Silver, which has definitely got the same blue hue to it. In the flesh the Polar Silver didn't do it for me, maybe if I were a hairdresser or something...

One last thing....

whilst I was looking around saw 5~6 Carrea GT's waiting for delivery. First time I've seen one.
Had a sit in the one they send out for the press etc, You've probably seen it on Topgear with the Stig behind the wheel. Absolutely awesome!

Quick Reply: Fountain Blue anybody?