Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up My New 997S Today....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Porshaphile
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Picked up My New 997S Today....Help!

New poster on the board, but I've been reading posts regularly, gaining knowledge while waiting for my '06 S to arrive. Well, I picked it up today and drove it all of 80 miles home. Didn't get much of a chance to try out all the bells and whistles, but I'll be up bright and early to do some all day bonding tomorrow. I can already tell this car is a cut above the '03 C4S I had. I loved the way the C4S handled on and off the track. But this S seems to have much more to offer. I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them. She's Arctic Silver/Black with heated sport seats, self-dimming mirrors, Sport Chrono package plus, 19" Classic wheels, and Tip.

Thats where I need your help. Because it's a Tip, it has the 3rd radiator in the middle. But when you look at the front, there is a large opening in the bumper that just goes way back to the radiator. There is no screen covering the opening. So all the bugs, rocks, etc. goes right into the silver radiator and hangs there. By the time I got home with it, I had quite a bug collection in the radiator that was plainly visible. Should there be a screen or covering of some kind on this opening???? The salesman said it was normal. No other 997S Tips on the lot to compare to. Just looks like they left something off of my car. Does anybody know for sure if this is normal???
Old 10-12-2005, 01:38 AM
Sobe
Pro

when you look at the front, there is a large opening in the bumper that just goes way back to the radiator. There is no screen covering the opening.
yea there is a large opening .

Last edited by Sobe; 10-12-2005 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:47 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

if you are interested in getting a grill check this out by Cargrahpic.
http://www.performanceproduct.com/pr...Grille+Inserts
Old 10-12-2005, 03:08 AM
gmp
3rd Gear

Hi... I am also interested at getting such grills. I went to that link but could not find a detailed description on how the grills are mounted. Do you know if new holes have to be drilled or does it somehow use existing mountings?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Porshaphile
Advanced

Thanks for the info on the grilles. I'm going to call them today and find out about installation. Has anybody installed these on their car? Do you like them and how hard are they to put on? Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
gxlex
Intermediate

I don't haave much info on installation or such... Will be calling them today to find out.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The screens will only keep larger items out of the radiators, not the small bugs and stones that you desire.
Another downside is the reduced airflow from the mesh itself by blocking the openings.

Just drive the car as is and was designed and tested!

Trending Topics

Old 10-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Sobe
Pro

Just drive the car as is and was designed and tested!
as always MJones with the best advice
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Porshaphile
Advanced

You're right. I came across a statement in the owners manual today that said mesh or screen should not be used over the radiator openings as it will block air flow and hamper cooling capacity. I shoulda' read the directions first!
Thanks all!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
gmp
3rd Gear

Mjones.... Good advice! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Picked up My New 997S Today....Help!