Sponsored by:

My dealer forgot my TPM option

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 AM
dnp_now
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dealer forgot my TPM option

Okay, this is stupid on my part. I've had my car for 3 months now, and just notice that the Tire Pressure Monitor option was not included in my car.

My dealer in Central America has decided to give me a $913 credit for services/parts. Is this fair?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:16 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So sorry to hear that. That's an option that can't be retrofited, I don't believe. Did the dealer forget to add it to your options list? Did he give you a copy of the final pro-forma invoice for you to verify?

Well, if it was his mistake I would ask for more than the option cost to compensate you for your "emotional distress" of not getting what you wanted. I see nothing wrong with asking for an even $1000 or more. But whatever the amount you finally get him to agree to, ask for a refund check instead of credits for future parts and service. You don't want him using your rightful money in the meantime and then wait for some future time to collect what was owed through parts & service that are no doubt inflated as it is.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:18 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

my point exactly, who the hell would even notice if the stupid option was even there or not!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:42 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

The person that ordered it would.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:00 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a worthwhile option. Looking at a dashboard display (which is reportedly more accurate than a hand gauge anyway) sure beats getting on your knees in the garage and getting brake dust all over your fingers unscrewing the valve caps.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:05 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by dnp_now
I've had my car for 3 months now, and just notice that the Tire Pressure Monitor option was not included in my car.

My dealer in Central America has decided to give me a $913 credit for services/parts. Is this fair?
Wow, you just noticed? Wow, what have you been doing for three months? I know I try every gizmo on a new car in the first day or two of ownership. That's a very exciting time for me.

I'd say $913 is quite fair considering how long it took you to notice and given the fact that the option only costs $590.

So, was it just not on your options list or did Porsche AG just forget to put it on the car?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:12 PM
sezme
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Was it even available then? I was told it wasn't When I made the final changes to my car in mid-June.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

If you want TPM you can buy aftermarket units from Tire Rack as far as I know. While saves getting down and measuring with a gauge, any Porsche owner should be looking at his tires quite frequently - they wear faster than on lesser cars. I'd take the money myself.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
dnp_now
Instructor

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
Wow, you just noticed? Wow, what have you been doing for three months? I know I try every gizmo on a new car in the first day or two of ownership. That's a very exciting time for me.

I'd say $913 is quite fair considering how long it took you to notice and given the fact that the option only costs $590.

So, was it just not on your options list or did Porsche AG just forget to put it on the car?
Thanks for everyone's comment. I bought the car from their inventory. And they gave me the option list in spanish, and I didn't go over it very well. It was just after reading the message board that it dawned on me that TPM was listed. Oh wells, it really doesn't matter. I wish it was there. I'll just use the credit to buy a spare tire.

Thanks for everyone's opinions.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

if you had your car for 3 months, isn't it a 2005 ? the option only became available with 2006.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:26 AM
dnp_now
Instructor

Originally Posted by PTpeecar
if you had your car for 3 months, isn't it a 2005 ? the option only became available with 2006.
The euro cars were supposedly had it earlier. Well it was on my options list, but not included. I think i'm going to use the credit to buy a spare tire. What do you think?

Quick Reply: My dealer forgot my TPM option