Sponsored by:

Clear Side Markers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Lemur
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clear Side Markers

This is not meant to be inflamatory or critical of anyone, just an honest question:

Is just me? I honestly fail to understand the zealous passion to replace the standard amber side markers with clear ones; it seems to have become almost an unspoken obligation here. Images of cars lacking the mandated modification never seem to fail to elicit a perfunctory nudge as though its a given that cool guys would never deign to be seen in a car with non clear side markers...what's up with this... why has this become so absolutely compulsory?

To be honest, I see the clear units as looking a bit " tunerish" and have asked my dealer not to make the switch, PCCB not withstanding...Am I missing something ?

Does this mean that I can't post pictures when my car finally arrives ?

DAB.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:41 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please maybe get your eyes checked for color-blindness.

The yellow ones look like sh*t.

If some government legislator (whom you didn't vote for) made a assinine law that they should be hot pink insted of amber would you think the same way?

All European ones are clear. Porsche designers have decided they look best. USA congressmen think crappy amber ones are better suited for all cars.

just messing with you, not really attacking or angry.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Lemur
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem, but surely you must admit that "sh*t" is seldom yellow; perhaps you could have chosen a more appropriate analogy .

DAB.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody who posts a picture of their car with amber markers will have it immediately reported to the moderators for disciplinary action.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:19 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To each their own. I happen to like the clear, but have no problems with people keeping them yellow. Its your car do as you please!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:34 AM
AndrewSS
Advanced

clear is the way to go unless youre car is guards red... with that it looks acceptable IMO
Old 08-03-2005, 12:51 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

MMD:

Hey, when you gonna become a Rennlist Member??? After over 500 posts and countless thread starts, you certainly have gotten more out of this site than the average paying member who pays to play. You're not one of those moochers are you, who likes to take advantage of a free ride on someone else's dime – a freeloader, a leech, are you?

Just messing with ya...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:13 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

DAB:

Dare to be your own man. Dare to be independent. Dare to swim against the tide. Dare to do as you please. Dare to stand alone if you must. But don’t ever, ever cave in to the wishes of others and thus forever become a slave to their opinions.

I for one will not deign to own a 997 with the Sport Chrono, better known as the ugly, useless, idiotic, wart of a stopwatch, in spite of the respected opinions of others who thought I should order it. I optioned my car to suite my tastes and no one else’s. (Well, the wife did pick the color and I concurred it was an excellent choice.)

Clears happen to look good on mine, and so I opted for them. But I think ambers look good on Guards Red, Speed Yellow, and even Black. But as texas911 put it succinctly, to each his own!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:47 AM
SoCal Alan
Advanced

Originally Posted by DAB
This is not meant to be inflamatory or critical of anyone, just an honest question:

Is just me? I honestly fail to understand the zealous passion to replace the standard amber side markers with clear ones; it seems to have become almost an unspoken obligation here. Images of cars lacking the mandated modification never seem to fail to elicit a perfunctory nudge as though its a given that cool guys would never deign to be seen in a car with non clear side markers...what's up with this... why has this become so absolutely compulsory?

To be honest, I see the clear units as looking a bit " tunerish" and have asked my dealer not to make the switch, PCCB not withstanding...Am I missing something ?

Does this mean that I can't post pictures when my car finally arrives ?

DAB.
No, it's not just you. I also couldn't understand the big deal regarding amber lights vs clear lights. However, two weeks ago, I brought my 997S in to have the PSE and short shifter retrofitted and the lady working there convinced me to swap out my amber lights for clear ones. I hate to admit it but I'm glad I did. It looks very nice and sleek compared to the blah appearance of the amber lights. Try it, you can always switch it back. I think it was only $29.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boolala
Anybody who posts a picture of their car with amber markers will have it immediately reported to the moderators for disciplinary action.
LMFAO!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
SoCal Alan
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCal Alan
No, it's not just you. I also couldn't understand the big deal regarding amber lights vs clear lights. However, two weeks ago, I brought my 997S in to have the PSE and short shifter retrofitted and the lady working there convinced me to swap out my amber lights for clear ones. I hate to admit it but I'm glad I did. It looks very nice and sleek compared to the blah appearance of the amber lights. Try it, you can always switch it back. I think it was only $29.
Of course, I need to update my avatar...
Old 08-03-2005, 02:59 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since all the other lights are clearish, making the side markers clear, (which on USA cars they are all amber due to a motor vehicle regulation) really makes everything look more coordinated
Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 AM
tooner
Advanced

DAB... check it out

The Amber side markers was a bit out off place for a silver car besides the fact that in the front they are all clear...

I believe its just preference... Go with what you like... I certainly wont

lol... it does seem like it's the new "dice on Rear view mirror"
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2005, 04:29 AM
tooner
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
MMD:

Hey, when you gonna become a Rennlist Member??? After over 500 posts and countless thread starts, you certainly have gotten more out of this site than the average paying member who pays to play. You're not one of those moochers are you, who likes to take advantage of a free ride on someone else's dime – a freeloader, a leech, are you?

Just messing with ya...
LOL... MMD's saving for his PSE!

just kidding!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

I have Guards, and I have clears (we stock 'em you know).....wouldn't have it any other way.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: Clear Side Markers