Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 vs suzuki gsxr 1000

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
GT3BB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I can’t think of hearing one incident were a street racer caused an accident that an innocent victim was killed. Not saying that it hasn’t happened, but just don’t think happens verry often."

Talk about arrogant denial.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:47 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A kid in Florida Street racing t boned a car and killed two women..... his mother and sister. No big deal does not happen often. Do any of you street racers go to the track? I can not find any up here in the NW. If not try it, much more fun working on reducing lap times with other drivers then racing hondas and acuras down the highway. After I started tracking the highway mean nothing.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

Talked to a CHP Officer.....This was before I had my Porsche.. a sportbike in excess of 120mph on PCH(pacific coast highway)...T boned a porsche....could not separate vehicles. They could not find the rider till later.....found him on the roof of a gas station 100 YD's from scene. He was not alive neither was the P-driver.
Yes closed circuit or track is the way.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
GT3BB
Racer

The street terrorist have a ready made answer for those and thousands of other examples.

It goes something like this.

Those two murders are not really true street racers. The reason they are not real street racers is because they wrecked. When you wreck you are automatically excluded fron the street racers club because you never belonged there in the first place. How do the superior ones know this? Because they wrecked.

It's fuzzy circular logic but it is at the heart of the any street racers defense.

The chosen ones on the other hand have superior reflexes, eyesight, and judgement, and would therefore never put themselves in such a dangerous situation.

Unfortunately the inferior ones are not around to dispute the arguments of the chosen ones.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Kaz
Three Wheelin'

Give it a rest. You yourself have engaged in if not street racing then spirited driving on the street. No one disputes the dangers of racing on the street, we would simply like hypocrites such as yourself to STFU already.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:33 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

No doubt about it ......The driver's bone yard bear's witness... every year more arrive......innocent and guilty alike. More than all of Our War's can produce.
I think it would help if every one had to have a motorcycle license before a car license. Or go back to the horse and buggy.....better to shovel s---....... than grave's.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMES J
Talked to a CHP Officer.....This was before I had my Porsche.. a sportbike in excess of 120mph on PCH(pacific coast highway)...T boned a porsche....could not separate vehicles. They could not find the rider till later.....found him on the roof of a gas station 100 YD's from scene. He was not alive neither was the P-driver.

That's why it is so much better to speed down the highway in a coupe....at least they will know where the body is.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Paizan
6th Gear

Originally Posted by JAMES J

If that isn't a BS story, I have never heard one. Was Santa Clause flying by at the time also bro?

That is funny though, found the rider on the roof 100 yards away. LMFAO. Thanx for the story man, that made my day.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Paizan
6th Gear

Here's a wreck, the guy didn't fly 100 yards and land on a roof or anything, but it was his last street race.

I'm not saying it's safe. I'm saying I do it, and will do it, and may die doing it, but do it none the less, in the safest manner possible at 150mph.

http://24.221.29.243/video/videobikes/badr1accident.wmv
Old 04-25-2005, 07:52 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow. Hot topic. Can anyone here say that they bought their high performance sports car without regard for high performance? I think not. Can anyone here say that they have not exceeded the speed limit in their high performance Porsche? Why did you buy it if not to experience a level of performance provided by only a precious few cars? I do agree that the track is the place to race. Or try an AutoX. Those that have know that 60 mph can seem real fast. On the other hand if you pick your spot you can exercise your car without compromise to anyone other than yourself. I know several spots out in the country near me with lots of twisties and clear well paved roads with 4- 5 mile straights. I had my previous cars to 175 there too many times to count. Only risk was to me though.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey Kaz.

Yeah - I was on 805 the other day in the Chris's 320i. Yeah, that thing was smokin at 75 or 80. A really tricked out Prius came up, and I knew it was on.

So when we shut them down at 87 or 89mph (my speedo stops at 85), about 2 miles down the road, I knew I had the faster car. I could smell his hyrbid electric motors burning, and his recharge meter probably was really down.

I went home and had some tufu out of a cup made from recycle toilet paper, and hurt myself with the New York Times in self-punishment for my absolute disregard for PC rules that have no basis in reality.

People - get over yourselves.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Kaz
Three Wheelin'

lol
Old 04-25-2005, 11:17 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

PAIZAN....KBS911...PCH Officer's are capable of BS.......did you read the entire thread...1 thru 5......to get the entire drift of Topic ? Thank's for video! BRENDANC...I will have to try that with my tea....next time I shutdown a Prius....
Old 04-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Speed 997
7th Gear

Talking

I have seen some pretty nasty crashes on closed courses.
Lots of dudes die on race tracks from accidents they didn't cause.
The guy that t-boned the porsche obviously wasn't racing him.
Second hand smoke causes cancer.
Masturbation will make you go blind.
Carbs make you fat.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.....
I don't think anybody on here preaching the dangers of street racing is going to change someone elses opinion.
Just watch out if you see a bright yellow Carrera coming up from behind, I might be me racing someone.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 AM
WULF
Instructor

Is this thread still going? Oh well can't help myself - I don't know about finding bodies 100 yards away but I did go to a Coroners Inquest once for a motorcyclist who was hit head on. His torso was found on the road 30 metres from his bike and his legs 40 metres away in a cane field. What'sthe point of this post. None really but it hasn't stopped anyone else.

Quick Reply: 997 vs suzuki gsxr 1000