Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bump steer tie rods with Bilstein B9/ Eibach pro kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024 | 01:48 AM
thermite6
Rennlist Member

Default Bump steer tie rods with Bilstein B9/ Eibach pro kit?

I recently picked up a 2006 CS 6-speed that is nearing 100K and some maintenance is due. I've decided to do it myself and learn along the way. I've already read TONS on here and the community has lots to offer.

I need new dampers (PASM) on both left front and rear. There is an audible clunk over low-speed bumps and some vibration in the steering at around 70mph. I've decided to just upgrade all the way around. I'm putting on the Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit: B9 damptronic dampers with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I'm following this thread from TheBruce for install and it has great info. I also think I should just do the tie-rods at the same time as I have everything off. It will be a street car that I plan to drive, no track days.

My question: With the Eibach Pro-Kit springs should I also install bump steer adjustable tie rods or should I stick with the OEM tie rods?

If adjustable do people have opinions on the following:
Tarett
Elephant
Rennline
TRW OEM Kit
Old 05-20-2024 | 03:15 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

I still have my OEM 2006 C2S tie rods just as a data point. I am under 50k miles though.
Also, with the B12 pro kit, I could run OEM C2S drop links, so I swapped OUT my Eibach adjustable ones for new OEM ones because my goal was silence and smoothness. With the Eibach adjustable drop links installed, when I would move the suspension around, I could hear it making some chatter and I no longer needed the adjustability I did with my previous coilover setup.
One other thing I will mention is that I just replaced as much of the OEM stuff from top to bottom that I could for the same reason. A lot of it was really cheap and I figured, why not?
Old 05-20-2024 | 09:31 AM
cloud9blue
Rennlist Member

OEM is the way to go for purely street driven cars
Old 05-20-2024 | 09:32 AM
Boggus
Advanced

I have Eibach/Bilstein on my 05 C2S - replaced end links, bump stops, mounts, isolators, etc. - Straight forward install, not difficult.
Old 05-20-2024 | 10:08 PM
thermite6
Rennlist Member

Thanks all. Smooth and silent is close to my goal too. I was thinking OEM but was wondering if the eibach lowering was enough to cause issues with bump steer. The OEM kit is cheap enough to just do... But didn't want to waste my time/money if I would end up with another anyways.

Quick Reply: Bump steer tie rods with Bilstein B9/ Eibach pro kit?