Sponsored by:

Which doggle/device

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 07:45 PM
palmpalm
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Which doggle/device

I want to play music from my phone through my 997.2 Bose stereo. What device do I need to get to do this?

Old 11-24-2023, 02:39 PM
palmpalm
Rennlist Member

I recall when I had 997.2s before there was some device from bone or invery, no? Any help is appreciated as I can't recall exactly what I need to get.

Old 11-24-2023, 03:38 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

I have a 997.1 with the Bose stereo - I use an iSimple TRANZIT BLU HF. It connects my Android smartphone to the stereo with Bluetooth. Phone calls and music.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:49 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 326 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l-it-work.html
Old 11-24-2023, 04:10 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

For the 997.2 PCM 3.0, it came with this black cable which is apparently hard to find. If you are using a pre-iphone15 you will also need a 30pin to lightning adapter. This is a the wired way to play music and still use the buttons on the pcm to skip tracks.

I got a lightning to usb-c adapter to try to play music with the iphone15 and it would only charge the phone. If you can't find the black factory cable and/or have an iphone15 get this bluetooth adapter that connects to your aux port. As I type this, I don't even need all those cables/adapters. I just need usb splitter to charge my phone and bluetooth adapter. The bluetooth adapter works well enough. You have to push a button to turn it on each time but it pairs quickly. The skip buttons don't work on the PCM of course but this is good enough until there is a PCCM+ model for the 997.2.
Old 11-24-2023, 05:04 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 374 Likes on 245 Posts

Bovee 1000. Streams info and allows you to control from the pcm and steering wheel.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:27 PM
jbkusa
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 161 Posts

I have this from eBay less than $5 shipped!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11491844451...mis&media=COPY

Last edited by jbkusa; 11-24-2023 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:04 PM
palmpalm
Rennlist Member

Thanks, all. Any idea when Porsche will let us buy an upgraded PCM for the 997.2 like they did for older cars?
Old 11-25-2023, 02:53 PM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 248 Posts

If you have an iPhone (and probably an Android phone, though I haven't tried that) I'd suggest just getting the Mr12Volt kit for your PCM 3.0. It's a lot cheaper than the Porsche upgrade, works as well if not better, and is available now for the 997.2

Unless I'm mistaken PCCM plus doesn't even have wireless CarPlay or Android Auto: Mr12Volt does.
Old 11-25-2023, 03:04 PM
palmpalm
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrMoose
If you have an iPhone (and probably an Android phone, though I haven't tried that) I'd suggest just getting the Mr12Volt kit for your PCM 3.0. It's a lot cheaper than the Porsche upgrade, works as well if not better, and is available now for the 997.2

Unless I'm mistaken PCCM plus doesn't even have wireless CarPlay or Android Auto: Mr12Volt does.
im not familiar with this. What is it? It’s also plug and play or it needs to be installed by someone?
Old 11-25-2023, 04:49 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by palmpalm
im not familiar with this. What is it? It’s also plug and play or it needs to be installed by someone?
If you just want a streaming solution that uses your iPod aux get the bovee 1000. It’s $90. Plug and play.

if you want a full wireless CarPlay solution around $500 that takes 1-2 hours to install get the nm automotive unit. Some others are similar like mr12 volt, 9xx. But still require somewhat complex installation or 9xx does it for you.

Have had both. If just wanting music get the bovee. If want CarPlay for maps, music, streaming get the NM.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:40 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
If you just want a streaming solution that uses your iPod aux get the bovee 1000. It’s $90. Plug and play.

if you want a full wireless CarPlay solution around $500 that takes 1-2 hours to install get the nm automotive unit. Some others are similar like mr12 volt, 9xx. But still require somewhat complex installation or 9xx does it for you.

Have had both. If just wanting music get the bovee. If want CarPlay for maps, music, streaming get the NM.
NM is a clone of isudar which can be had for less than $180 on alexpress...

Now, the mr12volt unit is a whole different animal. The best audio, the best support, but no, not the cheapest unit. Install is not very hard. can be done in about 2hrs and you dont have to cut any wires. Reach out and I can walk you through it!

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 11-26-2023, 03:51 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
NM is a clone of isudar which can be had for less than $180 on alexpress...

Now, the mr12volt unit is a whole different animal. The best audio, the best support, but no, not the cheapest unit. Install is not very hard. can be done in about 2hrs and you dont have to cut any wires. Reach out and I can walk you through it!
What is the actual difference between the nm/isudar (per you, no clue what I sundar is) and the mr12volt? Asked in the main thread, got nothing in stone. I couldn’t care less who makes the unit. But why is mr12volt the best audio? What wires do you have to cut with the others as I didn’t have to cut any with my non mr12volt install?
Old 11-26-2023, 07:47 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
What is the actual difference between the nm/isudar (per you, no clue what I sundar is) and the mr12volt? Asked in the main thread, got nothing in stone. I couldn’t care less who makes the unit. But why is mr12volt the best audio? What wires do you have to cut with the others as I didn’t have to cut any with my non mr12volt install?
The isudar clones take your digital audio and convert it to analon, then back to digital. All through the aux port. Sound degradation is noticeable at every step. The Mr12Volt keeps your factory fiber optic channel. This is the HIGHEST quality sound you can get. Nothing is every converted from digital and no quality is lost. These why it's advertised as "lossless audio).

You should care who makes the unit as it's going into your porsche. You opening up your $2,500 pcm and risking bricking it in the process. Think of it like running an ebay turbo kit, or eating McDonald's. Install support, firmware updates long term, phone support, etc make the Mr12Volt stand out.

There is also a review video by santrix where he installed joyauto, isudar, and an older mr12volt unit and he goes into detail. Cliff notes, mr12volt came out on top.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:10 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
The isudar clones take your digital audio and convert it to analon, then back to digital. All through the aux port. Sound degradation is noticeable at every step. The Mr12Volt keeps your factory fiber optic channel. This is the HIGHEST quality sound you can get. Nothing is every converted from digital and no quality is lost. These why it's advertised as "lossless audio).

You should care who makes the unit as it's going into your porsche. You opening up your $2,500 pcm and risking bricking it in the process. Think of it like running an ebay turbo kit, or eating McDonald's. Install support, firmware updates long term, phone support, etc make the Mr12Volt stand out.

There is also a review video by santrix where he installed joyauto, isudar, and an older mr12volt unit and he goes into detail. Cliff notes, mr12volt came out on top.
Does it matter if you have base, plus or Bose? Last question and I won’t derail this thread anymore. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Which doggle/device