Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 01:15 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
Does it matter if you have base, plus or Bose? Last question and I won’t derail this thread anymore. Thanks for the info!
All pcm 3.0 and 3.1 use fiber optics. Only the cdr units do not, and they are rather rare. If you have base, bose, or Burmester, they're is no reason to lose any quality.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 11-26-2023, 01:27 PM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 248 Posts

Mr12volt uses the stock PCM, amp, and speakers (whatever you have) so it'll work with any OEM Porsche system. It's not cheap but it's the best option out there given the capabilities and the sound quality. I was holding out for the PCCM+ upgrade from Porsche myself, but then it turned out to be 9x7.1 only and sans wireless CarPlay.

The only thing I don't like is that the FM radio is still basically a separate system (not their fault, no real way around that). So if you want to listen to the standard radio you're back in the regular PCM screens. There are iPhone apps for various radio stations that work in CarPlay but they're kinda clunky versus just switching between presets on the regular radio. I don't listen to the radio very often so it's not a big deal for me, but it's a shame there's no easy way around this because otherwise I'd never need to use the original interface.

Installing Mr12volt is not super hard if you're handy and have a little experience with automotive and electronics work, otherwise I'd find a pro to do it (I'm pretty darned experienced and even I got stuck on minor things a bit the first time). If you're going to crack open the PCM I'd also suggest replacing the spinning hard drive with an SSD: there's a thread on cloning and replacement for improved long-term reliability.

As noted above, if you're *just* looking for bluetooth music from your phone and have the optional audio interface (with the 30-pin iPod connector) the Bovee 1000 is cheaper and works well enough.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:29 PM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 248 Posts

Also if you get the Mr12volt, be sure to get the newest version that uses the OEM microphone. The older version you either need to install a separate mic (which looks crappy) or splice into the connectors to use the built-in Porsche mic (which is what I did: works fine but requires a bit of skill).

Quick Reply: Which doggle/device