Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOUND MY FIRST PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023 | 05:13 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Quixotic1
I thought you were referring to the 997.2 MT at Suncoast in Sarasota. It looks like a great spec! Sorry!

I just moved from Longboat Key living directly on Sarasota Bay with a carport to Tarpon Springs. During the summers when I went north from Longboat for 5 months I kept my car in a product called the "Carcoon". It worked very well to keep all of that gunk off my 560SL yet circulating air. The 911 lives in NC so no need,

I now live in Tarpon Springs where I have a house with a garage so I don't need tt. If anyone is interested in a used Carcoon PM me.

Rich
Off topic but curious. Never been to Tarpon Springs. How do you like it and how does it compare to Longboat Key? And I will definitely keep the Carcoon in mind for all the owners in the condo complex where we have our unit on LBK who leave really nice expensive cars there for what seems like months sitting in the carports. We don't spend enough time there to get to know all the owners (99 in total), most who spend very little time there. But I keep running into new people now and then walking to my car. Thanks for the Carcoon suggestion.
Old 01-03-2023 | 09:32 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Tarpon Springs is great, quaint, and much different than LongBoat. Most people only know about the Sponge Docks but it's sooo much more. We haven't regretted it a bit. We just hope it remains undiscovered.
Old 01-04-2023 | 12:21 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Default UPDATE

I received a call from the salesperson yesterday advising the part for the vehicle would be arriving today. He stated the car should be ready tomorrow for a full test drive. I again asked about negotiations before a full test drive and PPI, he agreed to call today at 12 noon to do so. He advised they would offer a 6 month 6000 mile warranty which, I asked for him to email. Reading the email I observed it was not the same as their standard used car warranty which, covered the full car. Mine was only for powertrain and capped at $ 1200.0 with a $ 200.00 deductible. I will definitely point that out today. The ' Buyers Guide' which was also sent states 100% parts / labor no cap which, was interesting. I am struggling to find someone to do a PPI as Bob (nice) at Vortex said it was too far and couldn't recommend anyone. I found a shop close to the dealer Matics Auto who works on Porsches but not sure .......Thoughts ????
Rod
Old 01-06-2023 | 04:19 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Default UPDATE 2

I was advised the car was fixed 2 days ago. The final story per the salesperson was it was not the coolant pump but a short metal pipe at the coolant pump. He stated the part sent was incorrect so all they changed was the gasket at that pipe which, stopped the leak. I asked about the TSB and was told their was a potential leak per Porsche at the oil pump which could cause an oil leak on the wiring harness below it. It was stated the vehicle did not have the leak.
Today they agreed after negotiations to sell the car for $ 59, 345.00 total price out the door ( 3,345.00 taxes) included. A PPI is scheduled for Monday pending the deal. I will be driving the car for the 2 and time to the PPI 7 miles away. A borescope test will be done for peace of mind. A D.M.E. also and the usual checks.
looking at the Carfax, oil changes were performed at Porsche dealers at 10737 miles, 17751 mls and 25971 mls. Other non Porsche oil changes at 37k mls, 47k. At 51k the 60k service was done at Porsche. Several other service records show new plug at 44k. CARFAX shows a total of 26 service records although specifics are not given. My concerns are PDK fluid change, clutch and diff fluid changes not shown and nothing can be found. Thoughts Anyone???

Old 01-10-2023 | 12:28 PM
rodsdream
Advanced

Default FINAL UPDATE

Yesterday the PPI was done. Per the owner of the shop and the mechanic who did the PPI the car was very good with the exception of a bad left engine mount and what appeared to them as a worn original engine belt. Final price for the car $ 53K plus taxes etc. The DME was blank nothing there which, confused me. I was told the DME showed no erasing. However I still wonder if the Volkswagen Dealer had the ability with their equipment to wipe the DME records clean. I will never know!!

Rod

Old 01-10-2023 | 01:03 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

An accessory Belt change and the engine mounts are very easy to do, especially if you are mechanically inclined.

Price is not bad, at 53K especially if it is clean. Its a fair price. The DME report not showing odd but the peace of mind is that it is a PDK so you do not need to worry about any "money shifts".

I would do the following:

PDK Fluid Change
Engine Mounts
Accessory Belt

If you are feeling very preventative:

Plugs/Coil-packs
Water-pump and thermostat

I say go for it! Enjoy it and welcome aboard!
The following users liked this post:
TerrestrialFlyte (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023 | 03:30 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsdream
Yesterday the PPI was done. Per the owner of the shop and the mechanic who did the PPI the car was very good with the exception of a bad left engine mount and what appeared to them as a worn original engine belt. Final price for the car $ 53K plus taxes etc. The DME was blank nothing there which, confused me. I was told the DME showed no erasing. However I still wonder if the Volkswagen Dealer had the ability with their equipment to wipe the DME records clean. I will never know!!

Rod
Great to hear! Now make sure you have a nice, long drive to feel it out. And other advice on preventatives is sound.

Quick Reply: FOUND MY FIRST PORSCHE