Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC controller -- help push me over the fence

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 12:49 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I echo the praise everyone is giving to the DSC Sport Controller. I installed one on my 997.1S 3 weeks ago and it is a game changer. My car has Eibach lowering springs and everything else is stock. I was thinking that it was time to move on from the 997.1 given the poor ride quality after 5 years of ownership. It just wasn't fun to drive here in the Dallas area with our crappy streets. Once installed I am happy to drive the car anywhere and I don't complain about the ride quality. As others have said you can pretty much leave it in Sport with little sacrifice in ride quality. If you are on the fence I would say pull the trigger. I waited for 2-3 years to finally buy one. Wish I had done it a long time ago.

Regards,
Craig
Old 11-08-2022, 02:21 PM
ParkerCO997.2
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatsix
Tom and I didn’t discuss legacy units because I was simply inquiring about buying a new unit and had questions about maps. Maybe someone can give him a call and share the info.
I reached out to DSC via email. I explained that I have a DSC controller for my 997.2 that is approx 2.5-3 years old and I have installed the latest calibration from the website dated 2-12-20. I included information that my DSC box is paired with B16 Damptronics. Included in my email were questions regarding the NYC map as well.

I also referenced this thread and FATSIX's comment "I talked to Tom two weeks ago and he explained to me the current version DSC doesn’t need map downloads because it has been optimized to adapt to all situations. After extensive testing his team feels that the current settings is the best possible so we don’t have to change anything." I asked if that was the most up to date file that was "optimized to adapt to all situations" or if there was another file for my older DSC box?

I just received an email reply from Tom himself stating the following: "NYC file is for stock shocks on really bad roads, like chunks of pavement missing. Your current file is a direct result of all the miles I put on my 997 to create the file. We really perfected the 997 file in 2017 after 10 years of tuning." he also stated that "the core of the file is spot on as you have already experienced."

Circling back around I would say that if you have an older box just make sure to download and install the most recent calibration from their website if you haven't already done so. And after that, simply keep enjoying your DSC controller and I agree that it's a tremendous value for the price you pay!
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 02:32 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,360 Likes on 623 Posts

@csmab , I have a new (for me) Getty duck.

Did you do your own mount? If so, how difficult was R&R'ing the center brake light delete panel? I've read on RL that the interior glued rear shelf carpet has to come up (steam or scrape?) to access the retaining parts. Thanks for any info.

I think my GTS will be 90% of a Sport Classic after installing it and a Speedster front lip.

Your car looks amazing in the avatar.
Happy motoring!

Apologies for the thread hijack, OP.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-08-2022 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:25 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

Dood, install the duck already and post pics!!!

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn

Old 11-08-2022, 04:22 PM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn

Did you do your own mount? If so, how difficult was R&R'ing the center brake light delete panel? I've read on RL that the interior glued rear shelf carpet has to come up (steam or scrape?) to access the retaining parts. Thanks for any info.

I think my GTS will be 90% of a Sport Classic after installing it and a Speedster front lip.

Your car looks amazing in the avatar.
Happy motoring!

Apologies for the thread hijack, OP.
The center brake light delete panel is easy to change. The rear panel below the window is held in place by tight metal clips. You may damage the clips when removing but they're readily available. No carpet removal necessary.
Liste-Renn (11-09-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 09:59 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Malcontent
The center brake light delete panel is easy to change. The rear panel below the window is held in place by tight metal clips. You may damage the clips when removing but they're readily available. No carpet removal necessary.
Correct. Easy install. The carpet panel under the window is pretty tightly installed. It has maybe 5-6 clips. Just get your fingers under the bottom of the panel and start prying. The clips will eventually release.

Regards,
Craig
Liste-Renn (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 06:07 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,360 Likes on 623 Posts

@Busta Rib, I definitely want to do that far more than you want to see pictures of it.

I live in Hawaii and the car is in SoCal. The logistics of finding a shop, dropping off and picking up are substantial. I also want to add a Speedster lip to match the Aero downforce of the duck.

Additionally, I am chomping at the bit to rid myself fo the front license plate holder, fill the holes and repaint/re-PPF the entire front clip. Would prefer to have the same shop paint the new splitter when they do the front clip respray.

So, I'm working on it. And, oh yeah, I want to buy, paint and install a center brake light delete panel and code out the spoiler error code with the Foxwell NT530 I don't yet own.

Would it be OK if I just drove up the PCH, dropped it at your house in OR and paid you a commission to do all that and keep it in your cool garage until I get back to the mainland? And please respect the red line until I pick it up, Sir.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-09-2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:44 AM
ljpviper
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I did the same setup as Craig DSC with eibachs on my .1 Turbo. Made a huge improvement, it's not choppy over bumps. I am really happy with the setup.

Quick Reply: DSC controller -- help push me over the fence