AP's 997.1 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 09:29 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,561 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraAlex
Hello all!
It's been a while and wanted to start updating this more frequently.
At the beginning of this season I acquired a new OEM aerokit bumper, and used that as an excuse to spray the hood, and replace the windshield, I also had Pino at RSR redo my ducktail as I wasn't happy with the prior work:
Third brake light delete is a must
Shoutout for some solid blending work.
Unreal difference for the car, I decided to go with the GT3 Style (thanks ebay) front lip as since this picture I've already gone through two thanks to brooklyn streets.

License Plate

The following users liked this post:
CarreraAlex (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 01:19 PM
spessx
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

Alex

Did you ever get your DSC controller installed? What do you think of that upgrade?

Adding the DSC is definitely on my project list.

-s
Old 12-31-2023, 01:33 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by spessx
Alex

Did you ever get your DSC controller installed? What do you think of that upgrade?

Adding the DSC is definitely on my project list.

-s
Yep! one of the first things I did. It’s fantastic and I think one of my top 3 mods. I also threw in new OEM PASM suspension with eibach springs since mine were sagging a bit.

Hard to give a proper before after but it is noticeable - i also have TPC sway bars and GT3 endlinks
Old 12-31-2023, 06:16 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Test fit while i figure out why my exhaust is steve buscemi-ing. Happy NYE all.

Old 01-01-2024, 07:55 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to put this here as I couldn’t find much about it - Rather than buy new heat shields and head shield brackets - I modified the stock ones to clear the side vents of the new bumper:

I don’t have pics of it after i cleaned up the dremel work but saved a few bucks just doing this rather than source some brackets.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:04 AM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb 997.1 -> 997.2 GT3 Conversion (EURO)

Just bumping this as the bumper cover is ON!

Some quick things I found out:
  • Definitely worth buying the 997.2 GT3 side heatshields - cutting the OEM ones from the 997.1 and working them to fit could work but it was a bit wonky.
  • to go from 997.1 to 997.2 you should get the retaining strip that bolts up in the decklid - otherwise the fastening for the bumper is slightly off and only 2/4 of the screws will line up.

If anyone wants to attempt this - My running parts list is attached - not including the tail lights or the crash bar. I went to the euro bumper but had shaved off my bumperette's prior to do a delete. I'm also attaching the UK parts catalog which I referenced back and forth with the US 997.1 Catalogue and the US 997.2 Catalogue to see if there was any overlap. Andrew @ OEM luxury parts was extremely helpful in this. I would recommend finding a location willing to allow you to pickup as that saved me thousands in shipping costs between all of this and my aerokit front bumper.

Attached Images
The following 3 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
Jeroen//997 (05-18-2024), myw (05-08-2024), Ob917 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 11:33 AM
smrpr
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 80 Posts

That looks so cool. I am also planning to go full FVD from headers to mufflers but I was a afraid it would be a bit too much. I would really appreciate some videos of the sound of the whole system installed.

This is the system they gave me a quote for:

https://www.fvd.net/de-en/BES9971020...l-35-tips.html

+ the valve kit. A bit reluctant on dropping close to 9k on a setup I've not heard before.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:29 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smrpr
That looks so cool. I am also planning to go full FVD from headers to mufflers but I was a afraid it would be a bit too much. I would really appreciate some videos of the sound of the whole system installed.

This is the system they gave me a quote for:

https://www.fvd.net/de-en/BES9971020...l-35-tips.html

+ the valve kit. A bit reluctant on dropping close to 9k on a setup I've not heard before.

Once the material from the mufflers burns off (about 500 miles, EU regulation BS) I'll post some sound clips. I had the headers and cats for about a year with older fabspeed mufflers and I got loads and loads and loads of compliments. Worth every penny in my opinion and the build quality and support is unreal. I will say I don't have valves and can't speak to that.

Price wise, that's about what you'd expect from anyone else I shopped around with.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:37 PM
smrpr
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraAlex
Once the material from the mufflers burns off (about 500 miles, EU regulation BS) I'll post some sound clips. I had the headers and cats for about a year with older fabspeed mufflers and I got loads and loads and loads of compliments. Worth every penny in my opinion and the build quality and support is unreal. I will say I don't have valves and can't speak to that.

Price wise, that's about what you'd expect from anyone else I shopped around with.
That's my main concern. If the exhaust is drivable day-to-day, I'd skip the valves and the valved mufflers, which should make the price go down around 1k. But although I want a sportier sound, I don't want to be unable to drive 500km on the highway without getting a headache. I've made the mistake of tuning other cars so much that they were only good for the circuit and I don't want that to happen again.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:04 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smrpr
That's my main concern. If the exhaust is drivable day-to-day, I'd skip the valves and the valved mufflers, which should make the price go down around 1k. But although I want a sportier sound, I don't want to be unable to drive 500km on the highway without getting a headache. I've made the mistake of tuning other cars so much that they were only good for the circuit and I don't want that to happen again.

In my experience they're definitely drivable without the valves - no drone and I love the sound. It screams at WOT but isn't unruly at cruising RPM. I do also have a IPD plenum and aftermarket duck which make for more engine sounds in the cabin. I can't comment at the moment on the FVD mufflers but will do so once i put some miles on. I personally haven't found a need to have valve other than cool points. Honestly sound clips won't really give you an honest answer unless you have some time in the car itself.

You can always do it in two parts: Headers and Cats with your stock mufflers - if you're itching for more sound then the FVD mufflers will certainly bring it out. Or visa versus and just start with mufflers. If you were going to have the shop do the whole exhaust - the mufflers you can totally do yourself one way or the other - I can give you some pointers if you have some miles on your car.

smrpr (01-29-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 04:01 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

While i figured out my tail light fiasco (see here:
Crooked Tail Light??) spent my birthday weekend on some other projects:

I got some EMC2 Sideskirts installed:

Perfect fit, feels OEM and goes nicely with the magnetic stoneguards and the gt3 front lip. I had previously ordered Moshammer side skirts but never installed them. Glad i waited, I like these better and have loved all of EMC’s products (i’ve bought them all)

Also got smoked clear corners (will have clears for sale with a drop of a ton of other stuff including the moshammers)

and am debating on smoking my fogs - it’s just a lot of chrome

or i might go back to OEM non LED units. Time will tell.

And finally, we’re on the ground.
Suspension prob needs a few days to settle in but man do i love how the exhaust pokes out the bottom:

Onto taking apart my seats to get them prepped for paint!
The following 2 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
myw (05-08-2024), Spastblast (02-05-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 04:04 PM
NvsCardealer
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the madness. Looks beautiful and it has some nice mods. Enjoy the miles.
CarreraAlex (02-04-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 08:27 PM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 636 Likes on 248 Posts

Thanks so much for sharing @CarreraAlex
Looking great with the side skirts and can't wait to see the final result of your build.

By Porsche enthusiasts
For Porsche enthusiasts

Old 02-29-2024, 02:23 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Some last bits before the car goes off to Pino @ RSR for paint!

Got some Stone grey sport seats - decided I'm going to spray the center console and hardbacks Midnight Blue Metallic and might do a satin clearcoat on it (because I hate fingerprints).

Pretty simple disassembly if you have patience, I only broke 1 $70 ****!

Any advice on what adhesive to use for when I put the foam back?
Old 02-29-2024, 03:50 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,309 Likes on 4,023 Posts

Normally I vinyl wrap the hardbacks so it's reversible (928 Spyder in CF and 81 928 Euro S in pearl white to match the exterior), but did this set of 991 seats during Covid when supply chain issues existed and after waiting 4 months for the vinyl color I needed for my Hellbronze 928, just decided to paint them black.

I masked off the leather and *****, and ratle-canned them for one of my 928s. Holding up just fine 3 years later.

I actually had the leather professionally dyed from beige to black too as I couldn't find a fairly priced black pair when I needed them.

Day they arrived

Original hardback color

Masked off the leather parts

Painted with plastic removed

Installed

Quick Reply: AP's 997.1 C2S