Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 03:54 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 84 Posts

Little touch up’s before the car gets its interior replaced and 6 pot brakes:

Satin Neodyme Badges

The following 2 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
Graufuchs (05-22-2024), myw (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 04:01 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

delete
Old 06-03-2024, 04:20 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Got my seats in just in time for the Greenwich Concourse:

Snapped some phallic pics of the car all together (LOL @ gt3 cup lip)

up next: 6 pots. Pretty happy with my DIY on this.

The following users liked this post:
Graufuchs (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 04:36 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 249 Posts

Nice work, Alex! I continue to be impressed by the care and quality of your project. Maybe not so much the cost.
Old 06-03-2024, 04:53 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hootsama
Nice work, Alex! I continue to be impressed by the care and quality of your project. Maybe not so much the cost.
Still under budget!! not so ahead of schedule
I've saved a boat load with relationships I've never called in favors on as well as doing a lot of work myself. It takes a village!
Hootsama (06-03-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 09:09 PM
sportlife2012
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful. Porsche masterpiece.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:46 AM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 89 Posts

Can we please get a sound clip? Anxious to hear this car.
Old 06-29-2024, 09:11 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Couple updates, I ultimately ended up not being happy with my DIY job for my calipers and one of my rears ended up having a cross threaded bleeder screw. In a moment of frustration I pulled them all off and sent all of them out to PMB performance. Already got them back - 1 week turnaround and they're completely restored and look fantastic.

Really excellent work, modest pricing and killer communication. too easy that I was nervous. They'll go on this weekend and i'll snap some more photos:

The real unsung hero of this whole escapade is @Ohio Performance who dropped everything and overnighted me some dustboots after i punctured one popping the pistons out. (which by the way is hilarious and terrifying). Big thanks, and please support them! Quality products.

AND THEN....

While my car was up on jackstands (shoutout to liftbars) I thought it was a good idea to do another mod i've been wanting to do for my 997.1 since doing my radio delete, and my center stack being rattle can'd black anyway:

Andrew @oemluxuryparts as always hooked it up with the LAST one in the country. This is from a 997.1.5 Turbo, so works with the 997.1 system with one wire swap. But turns out, the bracket for the radio is superseded to the 9x7.2 one. It was only after an hour of finagling did i decide to measure everything. Once again Andrew, with his patience, and I figured out that it is in fact a different part number even though the new PETs for the 997.1 generations say it's the same. Go figure. Two options are to dremel out some plastic or order nab one from a 997.2 I went for the latter....which opened up the next can of worms in my psychosis:

Since I have a 718 GT wheel in Black Dinamica and my stone grey is impossible to match, figured why not wrap some more parts. McCoy's Upholstery in Queens took on the job and should get them back this week, in the mean time my car is in shambles...hehe. Good time to clean up some of my chaotic wiring and splices.

And finally while I'm still on jackstands as well will be to replace my old, leaking Mantis Sump with the new FVD 3.8 X51 style sump. @Rhonda@FVD as always hooked me up as soon as these became available:

Once it's on the road I'm going to strap a few cameras and recorders on the car to nab some clips. I'll also be at Porchella in Industry City Brooklyn on July 13 if anyone wants to see the car in person.

onward!

Ohio Performance (06-30-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 11:22 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 300 Posts

Car looks great. With all the trouble you are going thru to paint the calipers, center console, seatbacks, etc curious as to why isn't there a way/motivation to paint the side skirts and lower front spoiler the same as the body color? Think it would just make the exterior more cohesive and up a notch. Just my opinion fwiw.
Old 06-30-2024, 06:21 AM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sporty
Car looks great. With all the trouble you are going thru to paint the calipers, center console, seatbacks, etc curious as to why isn't there a way/motivation to paint the side skirts and lower front spoiler the same as the body color? Think it would just make the exterior more cohesive and up a notch. Just my opinion fwiw.
Couple things -
I actually like the contrast of satin black to give the car more dimension between the exhaust heat shield, side skirts and front lip along with my stone guards. But more practically - those pieces are expendable. I never understood why the aero kit front lip was painted since the GT3 one is not (and cheaper). i go through one about every 3-4 months with my mild drop.

quick edit with some fun lip gashes

Last edited by CarreraAlex; 06-30-2024 at 10:04 AM.
Sporty (06-30-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 08:56 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Another fun update. Brakes are on and bled, Thanks all especially (as always) @Petza914 for helping me out with the ABS bleed. Car's back on the ground and fitted my @Rennline spacers. 12mm in the back, 5mm in the front along with black lugs. I'm sad I had a brain far - I should have gotten studs while I was doing this.

Also got my alcantara wrapped lower dash pieces in. And decided to use a donor shift **** to try something a little different...

The following 4 users liked this post by CarreraAlex:
BillB128 (07-02-2024), Graufuchs (07-02-2024), Ohio Performance (07-03-2024), Petza914 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 09:19 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 519 Posts

That looks fantastic! Well done man!!!
CarreraAlex (07-02-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 12:06 PM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

Love the gearbox trim. I imagine its quite a bit louder and do you notice a lot of heat coming from there? I'm interested in potentially doing this for mine.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:50 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
Love the gearbox trim. I imagine its quite a bit louder and do you notice a lot of heat coming from there? I'm interested in potentially doing this for mine.

I haven't noticed any noise today after driving it pretty hard, nor heat. I don't have numeric cables so I assume those would cause quite a bit of chatter.

The boot itself isn't insulated - it's quite a thin piece of leather so I'd think any insulating it is doing is minimal. You could always further insulate within the console if it bothers you, but mine is pretty much stock - I still have my other boot and will switch them back and forth as I get bored.

Car's on the road - new AC controller from PCM3 stack has been programmed at the dealer - they had to do a new vehicle prep on it basically within the DME. Remind me never to go through a brake bedding in Brooklyn ever again.

I think I'm going to get rid of my tint and go fishbowl. Got to show off that interior!
Ohio Performance (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 04:20 PM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraAlex
I haven't noticed any noise today after driving it pretty hard, nor heat. I don't have numeric cables so I assume those would cause quite a bit of chatter.

The boot itself isn't insulated - it's quite a thin piece of leather so I'd think any insulating it is doing is minimal. You could always further insulate within the console if it bothers you, but mine is pretty much stock - I still have my other boot and will switch them back and forth as I get bored.

Car's on the road - new AC controller from PCM3 stack has been programmed at the dealer - they had to do a new vehicle prep on it basically within the DME. Remind me never to go through a brake bedding in Brooklyn ever again.

I think I'm going to get rid of my tint and go fishbowl. Got to show off that interior!
I'm assuming you made the trim piece?

Quick Reply: AP's 997.1 C2S