Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base interior defects repair or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 12:44 PM
carguy999
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

@speedracerf4i I am emailing with the same guy you got your leather trim from. He said he can probably get cocoa so I am excited! When you re-installed your spears, do you have pics of the screws you used or notes on the size?
Old 07-26-2022, 01:34 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by carguy999
@speedracerf4i I am emailing with the same guy you got your leather trim from. He said he can probably get cocoa so I am excited! When you re-installed your spears, do you have pics of the screws you used or notes on the size?
I did not take note on what screw I used, but you can see the head type from my pictures above, and use a rubber or felt washer to prevent rattling. You don't need long screws, no more than 1/2"-5/8" and thick enough to screw into the hollow tube pegs of the trim. You'll also need to clip the tube a bit to be able to secure the screw, see chart at the bottom (ATTENTION, DO NOT CLIP THE TUBE UNIFORMELY. MUST TEST FIT FIRST THEN MARK THE EXCESSIVE PORTION TO CLIP ON EVERY SINGLE PEG . Or you can just use the "melting" method to attach the trim. The last peg, at the pointy side of the bezel, will have to be melted down as the screw head will interfere with the door mechanism (shown in the picture above)

Last edited by speedracerf4i; 07-26-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:02 PM
carguy999
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm working with Lev now and he said he will be able to source the cocoa brown leather Pretty excited about that!
The following users liked this post:
speedracerf4i (07-29-2022)
Old 07-31-2022, 08:36 PM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,519 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Everman31
Thought I’d add my 2 cents. When I got my car last year I noticed the only interior piece showing any wear was the drivers window switch surround. I ended up ordering a replacement from my local Porsche dealer. The part received was discernibly lighter in color. I’ve since learned that the new trim parts aren’t exact color matches for the ordinals. Perhaps they adjusted the manufacturing process to make them more durable?

I opted to return the part as having it replaced would have driven me crazy as it wouldn’t match the rest of my black interior trim. I’ve since adapted to live with the slight wear and it doesn’t bother me anymore.
You sure about this? I thought the same thing and it turned out a previous owner had repainted it and it wasn't exactly the stock color. The new driver's side part perfectly matched existing passenger side part which was pristine (previous owner didn't have friends I guess).

I replaced the driver inner sill, key surround, driver door pull, driver door switch surround, and repainted the center console. It's like brand new.

Quick Reply: Base interior defects repair or replace?