Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busta's 2011 Carrera GTS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2024, 11:17 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,407 Likes on 650 Posts

I believe the guys shipped to a local Porsche dealer.
I've done it twice and the driver will literally drop it at any adress in the zip code you chose to get the quote.
Last month, I got a couple of quotes for my new (to me) Cab from Chicago to LA.
Open trailer was $.85 to $1 per mile.
Enclosed was $1.25 to $1.50 per mile.
Those prices were for that day and a 911. The broker calls dispatchers who arrange or hire the drivers.
Lots of Ukranians and Russians drive.
Old 09-19-2024, 12:09 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 426 Posts

My friends arranged for the cars to be delivered to Porsche Littleton. Someone in our group had a relationship with the dealership. I got the impression that is not something the dealership wants to do regularly as the logistics of receiving/storing cars that the dealership doesn't own/work on were complicated and cumbersome for them. Good PR and Instagram-worthy but I suspect the value prop is not there for the dealership. They really did us a favor.

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
Looks like a fantastic time and great pictures. I drove through southern Colorado back in 2020 and could only think how great it would have been to have my 911 there. Eventually I will get back there and do it. Bucket list thing.

I'm curious how the logistics work with shipping your car there. Do you have it shipped to your hotel parking lot where you stay or......?
Old 09-19-2024, 11:46 AM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Ah, @Liste-Renn I presume you're stopping at the Woody Creek Tavern to pay homage. Good Bloody Marys.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hootsama:
groovzilla (09-20-2024), Liste-Renn (09-20-2024)
Old 09-19-2024, 09:22 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
My friends arranged for the cars to be delivered to Porsche Littleton. Someone in our group had a relationship with the dealership. I got the impression that is not something the dealership wants to do regularly as the logistics of receiving/storing cars that the dealership doesn't own/work on were complicated and cumbersome for them. Good PR and Instagram-worthy but I suspect the value prop is not there for the dealership. They really did us a favor.

That was my impression as well, that's why I asked. When I was looking at purchasing my 991 down in Louisiana, I spoke with the local Porsche dealer about storing it there for a couple of days until a carrier could pick it up. They were not the least bit interested in helping out, understandably. I then made arrangements with a local high end storage/car club for a reasonable fee. Ultimately, though sheer chance, the February weather was unseasonably warm and dry so I flew in and drove home the next day.

That Colorado trip that you did and @Liste-Renn will be driving next month both look epic. Someday I plan on doing the same but shipping the car at least one way might be a good idea. Shipping to whom and where would be the problem.
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (09-20-2024)
Old 09-20-2024, 01:15 PM
TheMurse
Racer

Received 626 Likes on 189 Posts

@Busta Rib Thanks for sharing your trip here, I've enjoyed seeing your updates on instagram while it was unfolding. I showed a few of your posts to my wife and she asked if I'd ship my car or drive it and before she could finish asking the question we knew I'd drive it. When I applied (unsuccessfully) to last year's Overcrest rally that was the plan as well, drive down to the rally point and have a separate adventure all on my own.

Cheers to you and your crew for the journey and for keeping the faith for the drivers out there! Cape viam my friend!
Busta Rib (09-20-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 12:06 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 426 Posts

Western CO offers some amazing roads and there are solutions to get your car there (shipping or self-driving). Either way, figure out a way to get there! In the meantime, find some local roads or adventures nearby. You can likely get 90%+ of the experience in your own backyard. I realized and was reminded on my trip that the joy of driving with good friends is one of the best natural highs you can get and it is relatively easy and accessible.

Driving our cars at full song is something to experience as many times as possible before we are physically unable to do so. Normal street driving barely taps into the capabilities of these cars. I was able to get more game-time reps with my heel-toe (side footing) under more spirited driving conditions and getting the dance right on a downshift from 3rd to 2nd into a hairpin was so satisfying! When you get the dance right between steering, braking, clutch, shifting, it is sublime and incredible. Have fun out there.

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
That Colorado trip that you did and @Liste-Renn will be driving next month both look epic. Someday I plan on doing the same but shipping the car at least one way might be a good idea. Shipping to whom and where would be the problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Busta Rib:
Hootsama (09-23-2024), Liste-Renn (09-21-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 05:57 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,407 Likes on 650 Posts

I like @TheMurse 's "Carpe Diam" phrase.

Adding that to my repertoire and just bought a tee and hat from the site by the same name.

No affiliation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Liste-Renn:
Busta Rib (09-22-2024), TheMurse (09-23-2024)
Old 09-23-2024, 11:42 AM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Driving our cars at full song is something to experience as many times as possible before we are physically unable to do so. Normal street driving barely taps into the capabilities of these cars. I was able to get more game-time reps with my heel-toe (side footing) under more spirited driving conditions and getting the dance right on a downshift from 3rd to 2nd into a hairpin was so satisfying! When you get the dance right between steering, braking, clutch, shifting, it is sublime and incredible. Have fun out there.
Impromptu pic by a buddy during one of our summer driving trips. It's been too long...

Busta Rib (09-23-2024)
Old 09-23-2024, 01:39 PM
TheMurse
Racer

Received 626 Likes on 189 Posts

@Liste-Renn I borrowed Carpe Viam from Dwight, I have a piece of his artwork in my office and I put one of his decals on my fuel filler door:

The following 2 users liked this post by TheMurse:
Busta Rib (09-23-2024), Hootsama (09-23-2024)

Quick Reply: Busta's 2011 Carrera GTS Build Thread