GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 02:03 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,371 Likes on 625 Posts

Result in for the T-boned, PDK-replaced Coupe:

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...carrera-gts-5/

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-11-2024 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:07 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
.I figure with the miles on it, (23k) and a couple of warts from actually driving it, I can justify 100k. It's probably worth somewhere between my evaluation and yours (hopefully yours), but I'm not sure I could prove it.
RF or GP would ask $125K to $135K for your car. Color and options are really unique...as you posted above.
A shame their actual sale prices (unknown) cannot be used to justify/obtain a stated value policy.

Just one over $100K (ask, not sale) on this site:
https://www.classic.com/m/porsche/91...briolet-manual

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-11-2024 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:22 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 222 Posts

Didn't the grey on terracotta one go for $115k-ish?

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
RF or GP would ask $125K to $135K for your car. Color and options are really unique...as you posted above.
A shame their actual sale prices (unknown) cannot be used to justify/obtain a stated value policy.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:29 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 222 Posts

On a related note from the Classic.com market data, the dealer who purchased this got such a great deal in 2020 on this $130k manual in a great colour and with lower miles:

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gts-cabriolet/

$64k, bought by Switch Cars, and then sold again by RF.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:44 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelines1974
On a related note from the Classic.com market data, the dealer who purchased this got such a great deal in 2020 on this $130k manual in a great colour and with lower miles:

$64k almost 4 years ago.. it was a much different market back then. Prices relative to that time period for almost all 911s have gone up. Go compare prices to 997.2 GT3/RS and you'll see some really insane appreciation.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:16 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 417 Posts

Find the right insurer that will put the "agreed" in agreed value. I insure with Porsche Insurance and they seem very liberal with their agreed values and didn't hesitate when I cited mine at $100K, which is a premium over its current market value. There may be other insurers who have a similar policy. Either way, go as high as you can. It will be worth the extra $30/yr.

You are correct,It is a unique build and there wouldn't be an equivalent to find, sort of. When I started the GTS 6 speed/PDK thread a couple of years ago, https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ed-thread.html
I combed through every build of 997 GTS for the US market. While not expecting it, I discovered my GTS was one of the best builds I found, if not THE best for a Cab. Low production but desirable color, all the desirable options, (6 speed, full leather, Adaptive Sport Seats, etc.) plus the painted bits. There were only a couple of equal builds but all unique from mine. Ironically, one of the two was THE other 6 speed Speed Yellow car (yes there were two). It also had a similar MSRP ($137k) with more leather bits and less painted inside. So the only other GTS, 6 speed Cab with a similar build sheet was also Speed Yellow. Every other GTS was mostly a lesser car except for a lone PTS Cab.

So valuing something like this isn't easy. Any insurance company is going to want to compare it to any other GTS Cab if allowed or to any other 6 speed Cab if pushed. If you have to start explaining, you're already losing. I figure with the miles on it, (23k) and a couple of warts from actually driving it, I can justify 100k. It's probably worth somewhere between my evaluation and yours (hopefully yours), but I'm not sure I could prove it.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:36 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Their website today:
"Porsche Auto Insurance is currently available in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and Texas. We will be expanding to more states in the near future. To find out when we are launching in your state, please provide your information below and we will stay in touch."
Old 03-12-2024, 12:32 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bluelines1974

It was stolen at that price/mileage. $130K build with 21K miles.

Originally Posted by Acropora8
$64k almost 4 years ago.. it was a much different market back then. Prices relative to that time period for almost all 911s have gone up. Go compare prices to 997.2 GT3/RS and you'll see some really insane appreciation.
The market average has actually been pretty flat for 5 years, it was arguably as strong as today back in 2020 and 2023 and a bit stronger than today in 2021 and 2022. Not many data points, but it's all we got.
Lots of stinkers in the last 5 months down at $60K level...they pull down the average (one crappy one appears three times as selling well below $60K).

I do feel like a RF/GPM results graph would be close to a $100K average sale over that period.
Like most models, unique colors/builds/low miles and impeccable condition with maintenance records will bring top dollar.

I do agree that the 997 GT cars are trading at 50-100% markups over their MSRP- as are many nice examples of all air-cooled models.
When/if the 997 GTS ever reaches that valuation, it will join the list of Porsches that have become soley rich guy toys, not driven much unless to show off at cars and coffee. A shame, really.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-12-2024 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:40 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 547 Posts

Keep in mind the blue GTS was sold, at auction, an inferior one in my opinion, on May 14, 2020. That was when car prices were hitting bottom.That was the height of the lockdowns when people were afraid to look out of their curtains. Every car was a steal back then. You could buy a low mileage Boxster GTS (981) for very low 50's, even high 40's. A year later that same car was selling for $70-80's. Now take inflation, borderline hyper-inflation in the US, war in eastern europe, Germany's suicidal energy policies and the cost of a Porsche keeps it at a stable or even rising price contra other makes. I'm not sure what RF sold that car for back then but I bet compared to today, it was still an excellent price.

The more I think about it, the more I think you guys are right. My car is under-insured. It's not a big deal right now as it's sitting in storage for the next couple of months but I should definitely revisit it. I just took out the policy last week for everything but I don't think it will be a problem to increase the value. The hiccups I can see possibly is 1, our GTS's when run by the VIN come up as just a regular 911, S, or 4S. I ran into this a few years back when I took a small loan out on it from my credit union because the rates were so low. It wasn't a problem because the LTV was in my favor but there wasn't a classification for a GTS. I had them call it a C4S because that was the best valuation for it.

Because of that possibility 2, how do you go about proving that high value to the layman? While you and I know that, try explaining to a non-enthusiast that this Cab is worth $25-50k over any other with similar mileage. While my insurance co took $100k at face value, they reserve the right to an appraisal if needed. I'm not sure if that would be an issue.

I have a hard time digesting that valuation even though your logic is sound. Must be the low Cabriolet self esteem. Either way, I think I will increase the value on the policy based on both of your advice.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:50 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,628 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Keep in mind the blue GTS was sold, at auction, an inferior one in my opinion, on May 14, 2020. That was when car prices were hitting bottom.That was the height of the lockdowns when people were afraid to look out of their curtains. Every car was a steal back then. You could buy a low mileage Boxster GTS (981) for very low 50's, even high 40's. A year later that same car was selling for $70-80's. Now take inflation, borderline hyper-inflation in the US, war in eastern europe, Germany's suicidal energy policies and the cost of a Porsche keeps it at a stable or even rising price contra other makes. I'm not sure what RF sold that car for back then but I bet compared to today, it was still an excellent price.

The more I think about it, the more I think you guys are right. My car is under-insured. It's not a big deal right now as it's sitting in storage for the next couple of months but I should definitely revisit it. I just took out the policy last week for everything but I don't think it will be a problem to increase the value. The hiccups I can see possibly is 1, our GTS's when run by the VIN come up as just a regular 911, S, or 4S. I ran into this a few years back when I took a small loan out on it from my credit union because the rates were so low. It wasn't a problem because the LTV was in my favor but there wasn't a classification for a GTS. I had them call it a C4S because that was the best valuation for it.

Because of that possibility 2, how do you go about proving that high value to the layman? While you and I know that, try explaining to a non-enthusiast that this Cab is worth $25-50k over any other with similar mileage. While my insurance co took $100k at face value, they reserve the right to an appraisal if needed. I'm not sure if that would be an issue.

I have a hard time digesting that valuation even though your logic is sound. Must be the low Cabriolet self esteem. Either way, I think I will increase the value on the policy based on both of your advice.
Best way to support value is to capture complete BAT auctions for your model in similar condition and configuration and submit those as your supporting documents. Sell prices (vs listing prices) are true value as that's what someone was willing to pay for that car.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:12 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Unless I am missing something, by nature an AV policy establishes value before an incident occurs. If/when a covered event happens, the insurer agrees to make you whole at that agreed value. If any "proof" of market value required, the insurer will raise that before both parties establish the agreed value. I recommend speaking with your agent and just ask them what is the highest you can go and how much it will cost.

The following 3 users liked this post by Busta Rib:
bluelines1974 (03-12-2024), Liste-Renn (03-14-2024), nwGTS (03-12-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 10:51 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 205 Likes on 142 Posts

RFMC has another one...

https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...-4-gts-c-1396/

I would struggle to buy a car with a wrap already on it.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:37 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Data point:

Someone bought a set of Speedster/Sport Classic Fuchs-style wheels for about $4K plus shipping:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/sp...s-for-porsche/

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-27-2024 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:50 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the data point. It was $4700 all-in including shipping with 8-yr old tires! Last time I checked (about 1.5 years ago) these wheels were $5700 for an entire set. Probably higher now because inflation. I love the design of these wheels but not the stock offsets/size or the black finish on the petals. You would also need spacers to get a proper flush fitment. For a similar price for a used set of Sport Classic Fuchs, I would recommend commissioning a custom set from Augment Wheel Company instead. You get the exact specs you want: center lock of 5-lug, color, finish, offset, width, etc, and no need for spacers. For about the same/slightly higher price of a new set of Sport Classic Fuchs, you can get a set of AWC wheels in magnesium, which would be much lighter than stock wheels.

Data point:

Someone bought a set of Speedster/Sport Classic Fuchs-style wheels for about $4K plus shipping:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/sp...s-for-porsche/
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 08:52 PM
cvalue13
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
RFMC has another one...

https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...-4-gts-c-1396/

I would struggle to buy a car with a wrap already on it.
did you happen to catch the asking price before it went sold?

agree RE the purchase of one wrapped (what’s it masking?), but admit that contrary to the usual wrap choices that wrap looked alright

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web