Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of ultra-low mileage mint 2009 C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020 | 01:26 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Default Value of ultra-low mileage mint 2009 C4S?

I just recently bought a 2009 C4S with PDK two months ago and the car has a little over 6,000 miles on it. While I love the car, I also have car switch-itis and something I've had my eye on just dropped the price. The previous owner bought it with 3100 miles on it about a year ago. Car has full multi-stage paint correction and clear bra on the entire car, Misha ducktail spoiler, updated 991 SportDesign alcantara steering wheel, GT3 sofa seats (alcantara) with heating added, PSE with Sharkwerks center section, updated audio system with wireless carplay/android auto and radar/laser jammer, PASM sport suspension, and sport chrono plus package, Meteor Gray with black full leather interior, MSRP was $111k. There's also a fully transferrable exclusionary warranty with 3 years remaining that also covers brakes and other wear items which I've never seen before. This is probably the nicest 997 out there IMO, it would be very hard to find anything comparable.

It's been surprising to see the huge jump in value of 997's the last few months, especially what higher mileage cars have been selling for on BAT. I know the car market as a whole has gone up but this makes it more tempting to sell and pull the trigger on the other car. Every time I see people say a car is overpriced, it seems to sell anyway within a day.

What do we think this is worth? If I decide to sell, better to list on BAT or cars.com/Autotrader/etc? I have no experience selling on BAT but it seems these low mileage cars typically do best on there.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 12-01-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2020 | 02:32 AM
99SevenFan
Rennlist Member

Hard to say without seeing pictures and the full spec, but I’d say low 70s.

There was a similar car here locally in Bellevue (outside Seattle) that was a 997.2 C4S black on black with 6k miles and was posted for 74 if I recall correctly and sold in 2 weeks (just sold in November).
Old 12-01-2020 | 09:36 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Agree with Gtank. With that few miles, in the low
$70s. If it was a MT, you'd be up in GTS territory (high $70s).
Old 12-01-2020 | 10:07 AM
Porschejam
Instructor

The market is still up right now.

There is a shortage of new cars this year, with the predictable market effects.

Last edited by Porschejam; 12-01-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2020 | 01:21 PM
southbay
Burning Brakes

I agree with the previous estimates.
Low-mile examples are rare and should do well on BAT. With BAT, you get the exposure and you may get 2 or more bidders that want it and it can go well over your expectations.
There's a recent thread in OT regarding selling on BAT: Looking for people who have used BaT to sell their vehicles - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Old 12-01-2020 | 01:50 PM
Shock Arrival
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

If you run this car on BAT with lots of quality photos, paint thickness test, and thorough maintenance history it will probably do extremely well!

GLWS...and what's this other unicorn car out there that you'd sell such a 997.2 specimen for?
Old 12-01-2020 | 03:05 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

997.2 is the last of the analogue sports car and the icing on the cake if it is a manual transmission. Pretty apparent the demand out number the supply because they just don't make them anymore. Pity I sold mine and would get one if the right one comes along again.
Old 12-01-2020 | 04:19 PM
fastb4ck
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
997.2 is the last of the analogue sports car and the icing on the cake if it is a manual transmission. Pretty apparent the demand out number the supply because they just don't make them anymore. Pity I sold mine and would get one if the right one comes along again.
Hey Henry, do you mind if I msg you with some questions? It appears you had a 997.2 and now a gt4?
Old 12-01-2020 | 05:16 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

BAT is probably the best place to sell a car like this over the other aggregator sites. You also get the added value of all the conversations being in one place and not having a bunch of people come by to look with no serious intention to buy. Would suggest getting a car photographer to take some quality photos, cars with better pictures seem to sell for higher values on BAT.
Old 12-01-2020 | 11:32 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
I just recently bought a 2009 C4S with PDK two months ago and the car has a little over 6,000 miles on it. While I love the car, I also have car switch-itis and something I've had my eye on just dropped the price. The previous owner bought it with 3100 miles on it about a year ago. Car has full multi-stage paint correction and clear bra on the entire car, Misha ducktail spoiler, updated 991 SportDesign alcantara steering wheel, GT3 sofa seats (alcantara) with heating added, PSE with Sharkwerks center section, updated audio system with wireless carplay/android auto and radar/laser jammer, PASM sport suspension, and sport chrono plus package, Meteor Gray with black full leather interior, MSRP was $111k. There's also a fully transferrable exclusionary warranty with 3 years remaining that also covers brakes and other wear items which I've never seen before. This is probably the nicest 997 out there IMO, it would be very hard to find anything comparable.

It's been surprising to see the huge jump in value of 997's the last few months, especially what higher mileage cars have been selling for on BAT. I know the car market as a whole has gone up but this makes it more tempting to sell and pull the trigger on the other car. Every time I see people say a car is overpriced, it seems to sell anyway within a day.

What do we think this is worth? If I decide to sell, better to list on BAT or cars.com/Autotrader/etc? I have no experience selling on BAT but it seems these low mileage cars typically do best on there.

I suspect with those stats you could sell it here easily.
Old 12-02-2020 | 03:32 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shock Arrival
If you run this car on BAT with lots of quality photos, paint thickness test, and thorough maintenance history it will probably do extremely well!

GLWS...and what's this other unicorn car out there that you'd sell such a 997.2 specimen for?
I don't think paint thickness can be measured because of the clear bra on the entire car. Was looking at a unicorn Macan Turbo Performance Package with $135k build for a daily but apparently they put the wrong price online so no longer a consideration as they now want $15k more than it was listed for yesterday and it's not even CPO. Love the 997 but I know I'd drive the Macan more often as my Wrangler lease is ending in a few months . The Panamera Sport Turismo's look very intriguing for a daily though, but hate the massive depreciation and think they still have a long way to go, plus it's impossible to find one with the right build since there's only like 10 for sale nationwide.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 12-02-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2020 | 04:19 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

I don't think paint thickness can be measured because of the clear bra on the entire car. Was looking at a unicorn Macan Turbo Performance Package with $135k build for a daily but apparently they put the wrong price online so no longer a consideration as they now want $15k more than it was listed for yesterday and it's not even CPO. Love the 997 but I know I'd drive the Macan more often as my Wrangler lease is ending in a few months . The Panamera Sport Turismo's look very intriguing for a daily though, but hate the massive depreciation and think they still have a long way to go, plus it's impossible to find one with the right build since there's only like 10 for sale nationwide.

Yea and the Panamera is a big car. And the depreciation is almost as bad as the expensive AMG cars. So you are looking for a daily driver that's exciting? Do you want it to be an SUV? Or all-wheel drive?
Old 12-02-2020 | 06:19 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio

Yea and the Panamera is a big car. And the depreciation is almost as bad as the expensive AMG cars. So you are looking for a daily driver that's exciting? Do you want it to be an SUV? Or all-wheel drive?
I'm ok with a bigger car as long as it's not a tank. The depreciation for Panameras and Macans sucks, no doubt about that. I always go back and forth between having a sports car plus a cheaper daily that can haul stuff, and just having one car that can do it all. Right now I have a Wrangler with a lease ending in August plus the 997. I was planning to drive the 997 for about a year and then re-evaluate the options out there, figuring I wouldn't lose any value as I got a great deal on the car. Love the car, just find myself only driving long enough distances to have fun with it once or twice a week and using the Wrangler 80-90% of the time as most stuff is within a couple miles of my house. Same thing happened when I had my GT3 - drove that once or twice a week, Wrangler everywhere else...so it's tempting to get a daily do-it-all that's still fun enough.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 12-02-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2020 | 08:27 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

I'm ok with a bigger car as long as it's not a tank. The depreciation for Panameras and Macans sucks, no doubt about that. I always go back and forth between having a sports car plus a cheaper daily that can haul stuff, and just having one car that can do it all. Right now I have a Wrangler with a lease ending in August plus the 997. I was planning to drive the 997 for about a year and then re-evaluate the options out there, figuring I wouldn't lose any value as I got a great deal on the car. Love the car, just find myself only driving long enough distances to have fun with it once or twice a week and using the Wrangler 80-90% of the time as most stuff is within a couple miles of my house. Same thing happened when I had my GT3 - drove that once or twice a week, Wrangler everywhere else...so it's tempting to get a daily do-it-all that's still fun enough.
My question to you is if value is so important to you, why the heck did you lease a wrangler??? I made $17000 in 4 years with my ex wrangler as its one of very few vehicles that depreciates a lot slower than the debt goes down. If you would have purchased it, you probably would have had over $10G to put towards another vehicle. Anyways, with this said, good luck finding your next car👍
Old 12-02-2020 | 08:57 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Steph1
My question to you is if value is so important to you, why the heck did you lease a wrangler??? I made $17000 in 4 years with my ex wrangler as its one of very few vehicles that depreciates a lot slower than the debt goes down. If you would have purchased it, you probably would have had over $10G to put towards another vehicle. Anyways, with this said, good luck finding your next car👍
I got a very good lease deal and it was half the cost of a purchase. I tend to go through cars quickly so paying $3500 in sales tax and $1000 in dealer fee BS wasn’t appealing. Purchase would’ve been $700/mo for 60 months. I’m paying $360/mo for 36 months with $0 paid at signing on a $40k car, including tax. Lease also gets 100% tax write off and purchase doesn’t.

This lease is actually the first time I’ve owned a car for 3 full years since I was a teenager.

Resale/depreciation is a lot more important to me on a $100k car than a $40k car.

Quick Reply: Value of ultra-low mileage mint 2009 C4S?