User Names

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 01:42 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,466 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
Probably that you simply love living in the mountains as I totally miss living in the Utah mountains before moving to Texas.
I was born and raised in Dallas, TX! It will always have a place in my heart, but I love the mountains.

Where in Texas do you live?
The following users liked this post:
ThomasCarreraGTS (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Christian Stark
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Steph1 your post made me realize I never became a paying member. Well that has been rectified! RL is the best, and $18 a year is a steal.

Originally Posted by Steph1
Dont care about any names really, but what I do dislike is the few individuals that like to take control of and highjack conversations and push others around by ridiculising others opinions and experience, and claim to be this or be that and having owned this or that, but can't even spit the donation to become members of this otherwise very informative forum. Now that bothers me.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:50 AM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

See Dennis C is “Rocky Mountain High” while the rest of us are users and addicts. LOL.

Beats Rocky Mountain Fever.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:57 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I was born and raised in Dallas, TX! It will always have a place in my heart, but I love the mountains.

Where in Texas do you live?
I was born and raised in Detroit where I fell in love with cars. Currently I live about 3 hours south of Dallas in the Piney Woods of East Texas. I miss the mountains of Utah though and I miss snow!
Old 07-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts

I was born and raised in Detroit where I fell in love with cars. Currently I live about 3 hours south of Dallas in the Piney Woods of East Texas. I miss the mountains of Utah though and I miss snow!
I sure wish I could say I miss snow too..... The first snow of the season is always "majical", but from the second one until the end of winter is just white ****🤣 that we swear on a daily basis.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:10 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
You know how some people are. They have to bring politics into every discussion they have with anybody. Sometimes subtle. Sometimes less so.

As best I can recall it, some 3 or 4 years ago (could be more) the Politics and Controversy forum along with some other off topic forums didn't exist. They were created after more and more comments on politics and other controversial issues started to pollute the car forums. For the most part it worked in cleaning up the car forums. Every now and then we still get someone provoking with political or other off topic controversial posts but most of it disappeared with the off topics forums.
Let my membership lapse so i wouldnt be tempted to see what craziness would continue to come up in the P&C echo chamber. Like you, just found it a waste of time trying to get across any POV that didnt align with the vortex of insanity bros and my time was better spent elsewhere
Old 07-06-2020, 02:46 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
Let my membership lapse so i wouldnt be tempted to see what craziness would continue to come up in the P&C echo chamber. Like you, just found it a waste of time trying to get across any POV that didnt align with the vortex of insanity bros and my time was better spent elsewhere
I don't blame you. If you're opinionated and care about accuracy and proven facts it's easy to get trapped in an endless loop of back and forth with the P&C fraternity. Lopsided would be a gross understatement. Make one post that deviates in any way from what's "obvious" to what seems like at least 95% of those who hang out there and you're likely to get at least a dozen challenging replies in return. If you take the time to respond to all that, you're sure to go through the same exercise again, again and again. I won't go there one more time.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I don't blame you. If you're opinionated and care about accuracy and proven facts it's easy to get trapped in an endless loop of back and forth with the P&C fraternity. Lopsided would be a gross understatement. Make one post that deviates in any way from what's "obvious" to what seems like at least 95% of those who hang out there and you're likely to get at least a dozen challenging replies in return. If you take the time to respond to all that, you're sure to go through the same exercise again, again and again. I won't go there one more time.
And yet, here we are here
It would be nice to not turn this thread into a political rant. Pretty much everything you posted was an opinion disguised as a fact. P&C is fun. If you are on your toes, every angle gets its due. Regardless, it is a place for these types of arguments and conversations so that these technical boards don't get cluttered up with this stuff. I'd close the thread now if I were the OP.

Quick Reply: User Names