Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 04:27 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

May not fit what you are looking for 100% but it gets me by. The Bovee 1000 (
link to amazon link to amazon
) hooks to your 30pin adaptor if you have the iPod stock integration kit. Then it streams music to your headunit including track, artist. Retain full control of volume and track listing with your stock controls, including wheel controls.

Doesn't stream any graphics. It is like having a hard wired iPod but bluetooth through your phone.

I like mine. Intermittently requires a reset. I rarely use navigation besides my phone and don't really require any other modern stereo conveniences like a rear camera.

Plus its only $80...
Old 05-29-2020, 05:33 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
May not fit what you are looking for 100% but it gets me by. The Bovee 1000 (link to amazon) hooks to your 30pin adaptor if you have the iPod stock integration kit. Then it streams music to your headunit including track, artist. Retain full control of volume and track listing with your stock controls, including wheel controls.

Doesn't stream any graphics. It is like having a hard wired iPod but bluetooth through your phone.

I like mine. Intermittently requires a reset. I rarely use navigation besides my phone and don't really require any other modern stereo conveniences like a rear camera.

Plus its only $80...
Thanks. I have one and it works fairly well, but I would prefer to have complete touch screen operation including maps. I usually just plug the iphone into the ipod adaptor but again the use is limited.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:45 AM
ThreeSixNine
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

I recommend the latest pioneer touchscreen headunit. Updates the interior quite a bit!

Just installed
The following users liked this post:
TopKatz (06-02-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 08:37 AM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 116 Posts

I went with the JVC because of price ($399) and wireless android auto. Total cost from Crutchfield was $750 and included most adapter, install kit and 100% plug n play cable.
The JVC allows you to install your own wallpaper, went with the one below (tried white first but the display fonts are light so black works better)

Quick Reply: Head Unit Recommendations