997.2 steering dead on center and wandering

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 02:00 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,704 Likes on 4,261 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_louis
I know there was a definite fix to this issue, but doesn't the 911 steering get light under acceleration due to the weight of the car being shifted rearward? the essence of the 911 driving experience but also why some prefer the 4 models for the extra weight on the front wheels and more traction.
Sure, it's a personal preference. They just drive a bit differently. I prefer the more "playful" nature of the RWD platform and less understeer than the AWD cars exhibit when the front wheels have both steering forces and driving forces acting upon them. The steering feel is also a bit more muted by the front drivetrain. No wrong choice - just different choices with slightly different driving characteristics and sometimes different use cases (weather, etc).
Old 05-12-2020, 07:58 AM
Uwon
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jsfried18
Update time

somehow the tech who was working on my car at the Porsche dealership I used to work at forgot to tighten down the outer tie rod ball joint when he installed my bump steer kit.

not sure how the hell that got missed
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING............
Old 05-12-2020, 11:57 AM
jsfried18
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Uwon
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING............
youd think an opc would take better care. Especially this tech who used to work on Porsche race cars and knows I regularly track my car

Quick Reply: 997.2 steering dead on center and wandering