Sponsored by:

Belt Tensioner-Block Replacement Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 04:06 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Belt Tensioner-Block Replacement Help Needed

Following the instructions in this DIY https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...tine-belt.html, I replaced the three pulleys and the serpentine belt on my '08 C4S . However, I still want to replace the tensioner (item #2 in the below PET diagram) but I need guidance on what to disassemble to get to it. I've searched the DIYs and I've run searches on the forum but no joy. Can anybody direct me to such information?

So far I'm guessing the following:
  • The upper idler pulley must come off as its mounting bolt goes through item #1 Bracket
  • It looks like an air conditioning compressor mounting bolt must come off from the right side though not shown in the PET diagram below
  • It looks like the power steering pump drive pulley must come off to access the front bracket mounting bolts (items #12, below)
  • I suspect that the throttle body and 'Y' distribution tube behind it will need to come off to give room to access the two bolts (item #6, below) that mount the tensioner to the bracket
  • It might be necessary to remove the oil fill tube to give access to the tensioner?
  • I fear what other surprises are lurking.
I'm struggling and hoping that somebody can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!!!

Scott

P.S. I posted these questions in the above linked DIY thread but it really is a different topic so I decided to break it out to it's own thread and to aid anybody searching for this info in the future.

Last edited by campbesl; 05-12-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Explain New Thread

Quick Reply: Belt Tensioner-Block Replacement Help Needed