997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1st 911! Modifications on the way

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020 | 11:07 AM
UnoMas
Instructor

Thanks, other than $600 for shipping that was the cost.
I will look at the B&M Kit. Champion is close enough to me to have them do the work
Thanks
Old 01-03-2020 | 11:09 AM
UnoMas
Instructor

Default Wipers

Originally Posted by crazy997
as a recent new 997 owner, here are a few items that are easily looked over but in my opinion provide major enjoyment now that i have replaced/added them. low cost too!

- OEM windshield wipers. couldnt tell from the photo if you have them or not, but if you don't, i highly recommend it. the OEM wipers are unique (you will find out), and just do the job perfectly
- new hood struts. it's a great pleasure to have the frunk snap open with confidence
- rennline magnetic phone mount. very solid!
Funny but here in FL wipers are pretty damn important. Can you order the OEM wipers or is it a dealer only item?
Old 01-03-2020 | 11:38 AM
crazy997
Instructor

I ordered them from Suncoast!
Old 01-03-2020 | 11:54 AM
bmwfan328
Racer

Originally Posted by UnoMas
Funny but here in FL wipers are pretty damn important. Can you order the OEM wipers or is it a dealer only item?
no need to pay dealer prices. OEM Bosch number 3397001582, $16 on Rock Auto or $24 on Amazon.
Old 01-03-2020 | 06:11 PM
ShaunPerry
Racer

yes same ones. I Have to try one more adjustment based on my conversation with the Mfr. I will report back
OP, any update on the issue with the exhaust tips? Share any pictures if you have any?

I'd like to order a set for myself soon, unless you sway me otherwise lol
Old 01-06-2020 | 04:46 PM
UnoMas
Instructor

Default Exhaust Tips

Originally Posted by ShaunPerry
OP, any update on the issue with the exhaust tips? Share any pictures if you have any?

I'd like to order a set for myself soon, unless you sway me otherwise lol
Unfortunately, I have exhausted all my options on the Racing Dynamic Quad Tips and will be returning them. They are 2.5" ID with shims and I was not able to clamp down enough to get a firm grip on the 2" OD exhaust pipe. The shims they use are pretty crude and I feel the only way to make them work is to have them welded.
I ordered a set of Dansk tips from CARID and the link is below
https://www.carid.com/dansk/stainles...QaAp33EALw_wcB
Old 01-06-2020 | 04:54 PM
ShaunPerry
Racer

Unfortunately, I have exhausted all my options on the Racing Dynamic Quad Tips and will be returning them. They are 2.5" ID with shims and I was not able to clamp down enough to get a firm grip on the 2" OD exhaust pipe. The shims they use are pretty crude and I feel the only way to make them work is to have them welded.
I ordered a set of Dansk tips from CARID and the link is below
https://www.carid.com/dansk/stainles...QaAp33EALw_wcB
Thanks for looping us in. That's a shame they won't fit properly. But thank you for sharing your solution also, I hope those work out for you better, are those also 90mm?

I'm thinking they might be okay for me. I have Fister Mufflers, and the coating that was used, has led me to believe the OD of where the tips slide onto has gotten larger. I had a HELL of a time getting my stock tips to go back on and deep enough to be clamped back down securely, etc.

Can anyone confirm if non-S and S model cars both have an OD of 2" for the pipe at the exhaust tips/tailpipes section?
Old 01-06-2020 | 05:36 PM
TheTorch
Burning Brakes

Thanks for looping us in. That's a shame they won't fit properly. But thank you for sharing your solution also, I hope those work out for you better, are those also 90mm?

I'm thinking they might be okay for me. I have Fister Mufflers, and the coating that was used, has led me to believe the OD of where the tips slide onto has gotten larger. I had a HELL of a time getting my stock tips to go back on and deep enough to be clamped back down securely, etc.

Can anyone confirm if non-S and S model cars both have an OD of 2" for the pipe at the exhaust tips/tailpipes section?
I believe on 997.1, non-S are smaller than S - might explain your difficulty. On 997.2, same diameter. My 4S OEM tips went back on my Fisters exactly as they should, no fight.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post13736409
Old 01-06-2020 | 05:38 PM
UnoMas
Instructor

If the OD was 1/4" larger I think they would work fine, I like the look. The quality of the clamp is not at the same level as factory.
Based on the price I think they are great units to buy and have your local muffler shop weld them on.

Racing Dynamics

Stock

Old 01-06-2020 | 05:46 PM
ShaunPerry
Racer

Originally Posted by TheTorch
I believe on 997.1, non-S are smaller than S - might explain your difficulty. On 997.2, same diameter. My 4S OEM tips went back on my Fisters exactly as they should, no fight.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post13736409
Thanks for finding that. I've seen that thread before but I was having trouble finding it again.
Old 01-06-2020 | 05:48 PM
ShaunPerry
Racer

If the OD was 1/4" larger I think they would work fine, I like the look. The quality of the clamp is not at the same level as factory.
Based on the price I think they are great units to buy and have your local muffler shop weld them on.

Racing Dynamics

Stock
Thanks Uno. I may take a swing at them myself. It seems a 997.1 S has a larger OD exhaust pipe.

Was the OD and ID size fitment the only issue you had? Or was there something else about the build of the actual tailpipes?

I don't imagine you were able to snap a picture from the rear view of the tips on at all were you?
Old 01-06-2020 | 05:52 PM
TheTorch
Burning Brakes

Thanks for finding that. I've seen that thread before but I was having trouble finding it again.
I use Google to find older thread and content on rennlist, e.g., enter into Google searchbox:

site: rennlist.com 997 s vs non s exhaust tips
The following users liked this post:
ShaunPerry (01-06-2020)
Old 01-07-2020 | 10:44 AM
UnoMas
Instructor

Default Tips

Thanks Uno. I may take a swing at them myself. It seems a 997.1 S has a larger OD exhaust pipe.

Was the OD and ID size fitment the only issue you had? Or was there something else about the build of the actual tailpipes?

I don't imagine you were able to snap a picture from the rear view of the tips on at all were you?
Fit was the only issue, I spoke with Scott from Racing Dynamics and he was very helpful. I am not sure why they would size them for the S as it already has quad tips. They should look nice regardless
I will report back on the Dansk tips when I get them
Old 01-07-2020 | 02:57 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Congrats and welcome!! Fellow diesel boat owner here with 2007 Silver/black "S" model - Also manual transmission.
Love the Lobster Fork Wheels! **I suggest H&R Springs to lower the car - Give the car aggressive look, bit better handling and you can still operate PASM adjustments from dash. (If you have PASM)
Enjoy!!

Old 01-07-2020 | 07:31 PM
UnoMas
Instructor

[QUOTE=groovzilla;16337718]Congrats and welcome!! Fellow diesel boat owner here with 2007 Silver/black "S" model - Also manual transmission.
Love the Lobster Fork Wheels! **I suggest H&R Springs to lower the car - Give the car aggressive look, bit better handling and you can still operate PASM adjustments from dash. (If you have PASM)
Enjoy!!

[/QUOTE
Thank you, really excited about the car so far. Mine is a base model with some nice options. Love the S I just could not find one nice enough that was in my price range.
I am seriously considering springs, but will wait and do springs and shocks together. I just got notice that my Fisters arrive next Monday. This week is refinishing interior pieces, Stereo, shifter bushings, shifter adjustment. Next week will be Alternator (slow), FabSpeed intake, FF Engine mounts, Fister Exhaust, Coil Packs and plugs. Then drive, drive and more drive...
The following users liked this post:
groovzilla (01-08-2020)

Quick Reply: My 1st 911! Modifications on the way