Sponsored by:

Good multi-year UOA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Driven is a great oil and I have tested many in my track car with UOAs and none have held up nearly as well to the abuse including Motul, Amsoil, and Liqui Moly. I personally order it by the case and use it in both my track car and 911. I know lots of others who have had similar success.

Although, I don’t think you really posted looking for anyone’s opinion, you seem to know it all.
This thought went through my mind as well when reading through the various replies. Judging by the responses, no idea what the intent was with even posting it in the first place.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts

Well I still run plain ole Mobil 1 0W-40 so ha! Don’t do any blood tests with the oil either. I just drive the car and if there’s a problem one day, so be it. My other cars aren’t so picky with oil, so why should this one be?
Old 01-01-2020, 08:02 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
I try to learn about what is documented. Hearsay is not knowing.
I learn by approaching others data and accounts of their experiences with an open mind . I then use that with my real world data and experience to develop my own opinion. I guess if you prefer reading just what a manufacturer feeds to you then that is your choice , but I don’t consider that as “knowing” much.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:56 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,601 Likes on 4,197 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Thanks! I subscribe to standards and widely vetted companies. No one will go wrong with Liqui Moly, Motul, Total and even Mobil. Even smaller oil makers like Amsoil issue specs and are vetted. Anything other that that is hearsay or... a cult.
Or a bunch of enthusiasts and engine rebuikders that have been building a database of actual UOA data - that's not heresay, it's data. I don't care about accreditations where some big oil company paid a bunch of money to some other big company to get their stamp of approval. I care about what works.

Most A40 approved oils aren't as good as the manufactirrers don't want to risk cat damage on their 10 year warranties from the high Zinc levels and it and Moly are what prevent most engine wear.

I don't run N-spec tires either and am still here
Old 05-19-2021, 05:18 PM
Pbrad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi all
I had reached out to Liqui Moly last year and below is their response. (abbreviated as they try to sell me other things for my injectors and fuel supplements, will leave that to another day).

The highlights are that while recommending additives, they didn't recommend Certec every 5K miles but ony every 30K (which would be once every 5-6 years?)
FWIW, I did add the oil saver and Ceretec last oil change and just recently changed my oil. (1 year, 4K miles on the recent oil change) 3/4 bar to 1/4 bar over about 4K miles of driving, did not need to add any oil during this time frame.
Did not add any supplements this oil change or the one from2 years agoi, will be interesting to see how the most recent oil report is and compared to last year's report and what next years will be, we will see.

Stefan Braun

to me, Steffen

Wed, Mar 4, 2020, 7:19 AM

Thank you for sending us your request.

Leichtlauf High Tech is the correct choice for your Porsche and is also an oil that’s been proven in racing as well as a very good oil as it relates to oil consumption. It does sound like you’re having a little bit of consumption since you mentioned that you had to add 1qt in the last 5k miles. This may be attributed to the type of driving you’re doing with higher temps when tracking the car but I’d like to suggest a few products that may help reduce this as well as helping the performance and reducing wear.

Use Pro-Line Engine Flush at the next oil change and at a minimum every 20,000 miles thereafter to remove any deposits inside your engine which will make sure the new oil added will stay clean longer and protect better. Removing deposits will also reduce oil consumption and increase performance which equates to better gas mileage and money saved. It removes deposits at the piston ring area to help increase compression and reduce oil consumption which in the end will help your performance.

Add Ceratec to the new oil for less internal friction which equals less wear. Ceratec will help the piston rings seal better against the cylinder walls which will also contribute to better performance and less oil consumption. And a very effective way to also improve performance thanks to it reducing internal friction. Only needs to be added every 30,000 miles to be effective.

Also add Motor oil Saver to the new oil this oil change and then every 30,000 miles thereafter to reverse any aging of the valve seals that may contribute to the oil consumption. Valve seal (any rubber seal) materials age and harden and Motor Oil Saver will reverse this and soften the material again as well as keeping these seals soft when adding it every 30k miles.

There was more but it involved the fuel injectors etc.

Just a thought to add to the ever ongoing discussion.

The following users liked this post:
NC997.2S (05-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Good multi-year UOA