06 C2S Sunroof Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Dr.J
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 06 C2S Sunroof Problems

Hello everyone,

my 06 C2S sunroof is giving me grief! When I first purchased the car, some 4 years ago, the tilt function worked well, but the retract function had the motor struggling. Now, the sunroof will not retract at all, that toggle/button function is dead. The tilt function is also compromised, as the only way it will work is if I hold down the front toggle and it stops whenever I let it go. When it closes, however, it no long closes in the normal position, when tilting, but, below where it should be. Also, I understand that if you hold down the remote, the sunroof is supposed to close automatically, but, it doesn't. I've tried the 10 sec reset, with the toggle switch, but it has zero affect!

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

John
Old 08-20-2019, 08:44 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,702 Likes on 4,259 Posts

Holding down the remote does not close the sunroof. There is supposed to be a coding option called comfort windows up and comfort windows down and there is a setting to tie the sunroof into this as well. I coded both my 997s for the comfort window functions, which is if the car is locked, holding the button will unlock it and roll the windows down. If the car is unlocked with the windows down, holding the button will roll them up and lock the car. The sunroof supposedly can be made to work the same way but I elected to not tien it in so on a hot day I could leave the sunroof tilted open and still roll up the windows and lock the car. I believe others have tried to code the sunroof, but we're unsuccessful.

To do coding you need a Durametric Pro or a similar scan tool. The Durametric Enthusiast version won't do coding.

Other issues with the sunroof sound like the motor going bad or it's possible the inside liner has come loose and is binding it up. That's attached to the sunroof with 4 clips - 2 on each side. If you lightly push on the sunroof liner around the edges, does it love or rattle?
Old 08-20-2019, 09:37 AM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

I have a similar issue with my 2006 C4S. Another weakness of these early cars.....

Yves
Old 08-20-2019, 10:36 AM
Dr.J
Instructor

Petza, thank you for the explanation! My main concern, however, is only that the sunroof operate properly.

I have removed the liner and so it is not at issue. I assume this means either the switch, or, likely the motor drive is at issue?
Old 08-20-2019, 01:30 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,965 Likes on 2,937 Posts

I had issues with 2 of my 996C4S's sunroofs. They would not open or close/tilt properly and similar issue as explained above.
It turns out the sunroof motor was the problem in both cases - Not the switch.
When motors were replaced, sunroof worked as it should.
Just wanted to throw this in
The following users liked this post:
yvesvidal (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Dr.J
Instructor

Groovzilla, how did you get a picture of my car?

And, thank you ... will order a new motor ... ouch! lol

John

Quick Reply: 06 C2S Sunroof Problems